Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.


Like Tree1Likes

Areola reduction and cost??????????

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-14-2009, 06:52 PM
  #1  
Finally got my money's Worth and then Some!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 332
blondebombshell is on a distinguished road
Areola reduction and cost??????????

I knew I would end up getting this done when I talked to my PS at my preop. But I told him from a previous lift my areola stretched and I woul like to have it corrected he told me to wait until after my boobies d and f then he can do an in office thing if I still wanted it done, and would be cheaper. I googled it and found some info, where ladies have no down time and realy can go back to work. Anyone do this? What is the procedure like?
blondebombshell is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
  #2  
Happily expecting:-)
 
Excited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,375
Excited is on a distinguished road
I may get this done too my ps said he wouldnt do it with my ba cause it will stretch the areolas out so I have to wait a few months and I think the cost is around $800? But hopefully my ps won't charge me full price for thisAnd I know your not put to sleep for this it is a quick procedure and I would assume you could go back to work or whatever quickly.

RCJH likes this.
Excited is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Excited For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: brisbane queensland australia
Posts: 509
ellie_butterfly is on a distinguished road
i had it done

cost me au $3000
ellie_butterfly is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 07:12 PM
  #4  
Finally got my money's Worth and then Some!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 332
blondebombshell is on a distinguished road
Sounds like what I've heard. I think they are almost done with dropping and fluffing. They are softer, I will take photos Wednesday or Thursday. They drop faster on redo's, plus I had the added effect of a two year old slamming his head on me. LOL
blondebombshell is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
  #5  
 
jjmcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 146
jjmcel is on a distinguished road
I just had a donut lift with implants in December. I developed an infection from a stitch coming out and had an incision revision in the office Thursday under local. It was not bad at all. More shooting pain that evening but I didn't even take any pain meds.
jjmcel is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jjmcel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 74
frances92307 is on a distinguished road
I totally want this done...I may talk to my surgeon...I hate my nipples they are huge!
frances92307 is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: seattle, washington
Posts: 212
scoobeedoo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frances92307 View Post
I totally want this done...I may talk to my surgeon...I hate my nipples they are huge!
Nipples and areolas are 2 different things. The nipple reduction involves some internal stitching and the areola reduction....... involves .......? Sniping, cutting and stitching.......

I want one.... (areola reduction) have to wait 6 months post op just in case my new boobies stretch out the areolas more.
scoobeedoo is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 74
frances92307 is on a distinguished road
Pardon me.... I meant the areolas.
frances92307 is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 154
kittymeow is on a distinguished road
my nipples are like dustbin lids. When I get my lift in 2 months or whenever it is I want tiny nipples and I want them right at the top of my boobs !! xx
kittymeow is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,125
Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura Gypsyrose has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by blondebombshell View Post
I knew I would end up getting this done when I talked to my PS at my preop. But I told him from a previous lift my areola stretched and I woul like to have it corrected he told me to wait until after my boobies d and f then he can do an in office thing if I still wanted it done, and would be cheaper. I googled it and found some info, where ladies have no down time and realy can go back to work. Anyone do this? What is the procedure like?
I love your areolas...ok sounds weird coming from another woman, but I do
They look like mine and mine have always been large.
My stepmum is from England, and when I was 17 one of her friends was visiting us from England. We were all sitting on the beach in Torrance Ca when in front of everyone my stepmum told her friend that I had the biggest areolas and then proceeded to lift my bikini top to show her...embarrassing.
Gypsyrose is offline  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 AM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Posts: 163
stay gold is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gypsyrose View Post
I love your areolas...ok sounds weird coming from another woman, but I do
They look like mine and mine have always been large.
My stepmum is from England, and when I was 17 one of her friends was visiting us from England. We were all sitting on the beach in Torrance California when in front of everyone my stepmum told her friend that I had the biggest areolas and then proceeded to lift my bikini top to show her...embarrassing.
that would embarrass me too !
stay gold is offline  
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 AM
  #12  
 
iloveshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 51
iloveshoes is on a distinguished road
Wow, I totally want info too, mine are not huge, but bigger than I'd prefer. for some reason they got bigger after my ba.
iloveshoes is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the South
Posts: 1,270
lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
I plan on an areola reduction after dh and I have our next child. We aren't going to start TTC until mid-late 2011. After that I am having a redo to go a little larger with the areola reduction. From what I've read here most women have to go back after their augmentation for the reduction. Can someone tell me, is this standard procedure? Mine did not get any larger after my breast augmentation but they did get substantially larger through my pregnancy and have not gone back to their original size. I figured they would have gotten somewhat smaller by now (nearly eight months postpartum but no such luck).
lippydame86 is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southwest suburbs of Chicago, IL
Posts: 112
sam82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lippydame86 View Post
I plan on an areola reduction after dh and I have our next child. We aren't going to start TTC until mid-late 2011. After that I am having a redo to go a little larger with the areola reduction. From what I've read here most women have to go back after their augmentation for the reduction. Can someone tell me, is this standard procedure? Mine did not get any larger after my breast augmentation but they did get substantially larger through my pregnancy and have not gone back to their original size. I figured they would have gotten somewhat smaller by now (nearly eight months postpartum but no such luck).
Lippydame86, if you breast fed it takes longer for the areolas to return to there normal size. I have breastfed 2 children and it was probably 3 months after I was completely dried up that they went back to normal and I'm sure that time varies for each women due to hormones.

I also have large areolas but now that my breasts are bigger they seem much more proportionate. I have always wanted those cute little areolas but I can live with the ones I have, lol. Mine did not get any bigger with the BA.
sam82 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sam82 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2010, 03:24 PM
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the South
Posts: 1,270
lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sam82 View Post
Lippydame86, if you breast fed it takes longer for the areolas to return to there normal size. I have breastfed 2 children and it was probably 3 months after I was completely dried up that they went back to normal and I'm sure that time varies for each women due to hormones.

I also have large areolas but now that my breasts are bigger they seem much more proportionate. I have always wanted those cute little areolas but I can live with the ones I have, lol. Mine did not get any bigger with the breast augmentation.
Thank you Sam . I did not breastfeed and they still haven't gone back...errrrr! lol I was proportionate only after my b/a and now I'm back to being disproportionate because my areolas are huge.
lippydame86 is offline  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 PM
  #16  
 
bbjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: north carolina
Posts: 519
bbjay is on a distinguished road
My PS recomended in my aituation to have the areolar reduction done at the same time as the implants. He said this is to tighten them up and also because one areola is larger than the other and he felt implants would possibly make that even more noticeable. I am praying they do not stretch back out.

The cost was an added $1800 to the surgery cost for implants.
bbjay is offline  
Old 06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
  #17  
 
sweetin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 275
sweetin will become famous soon enough
Has anyone else had an areola reduction by David Kim?

The first PS I saw said I didn't need it but I'm just curious. I am seeing Dr Kim tomorrow so I will ask, but does anyone have a firsthand account of their experience?

I've always had a problem with the shape of my areolas- they're even, but oval, and slant outwards! SO weird.

For reference- mine look similar to this: http://www.moejackson.com/archives/2...-slip?page=0,2

I want perfect circles!
sweetin is offline  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
  #18  
 
Laceyheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dublin city , ireland
Posts: 115
Laceyheart is on a distinguished road
I got it done under light sedation, so I was awake but it felt like a dream, I was talking to my PS during asking him could I watch (only because I was so high!) afterward I remember I could smell the skin burning with the laser like burnt hair, but during it I was laughing n chatting because I don't think I was connecting what what happening to me!
Im making it sound worse than it was , it really was fine, felt great after no pain no down time not as bad as going the dentist as far as I'm concerned lol
Good luck x
Laceyheart is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 PM
  #19  
the girls have arrived! <3
 
CallmeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grand terrace, California
Posts: 158
CallmeB is on a distinguished road
My ps will be doing an Arreola reduction when I have my BA on 3/27, no added cost


Courtesy of iPhone &Tapatalk
CallmeB is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 323
D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is on a distinguished road
I had one. I'm not thrilled w. the results. They're still big! And i have scaring that I think is never going away. Since m already scared anyway I will get it done again when I get a revision. I want them smaller but I'm scared they'll be too flat
D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is offline  
Reply Subscribe

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off