Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Iris

reducing your arelos during your BA surgery?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Cajun baby is on a distinguished road
Red face reducing your arelos during your BA surgery?

i have heard that if you want you can have your arelos reduced during your BA. has anyone had this done? my arelos are pretty huge so im hoping with bigger boobs they will look normal but i was still thinking of getting a reduction. did anyone have this and if so..did they charge you? did they make one arelo bigger/smaller on accident? after healing did they look better? thanks for the help girlies!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
I had an areola reduction and a nipple reduction. The nipple reduction is great because I don't have to worry about high beams when wearing cami's and unpadded bras. Implants stretch your skin so if you already have large areolas they will get bigger. The first PS I went to did not even mention an areola reduction and when I saw his patient pics most of his patients looked overfilled with huge areolas, at least that was my opinion. I did not know any better until I went to my PS and he mention the areola reduction and I am glad I did it.
My surgeons fee was $1000 more than just a BA but that was for the benelli lift and the areola reduction together, I don't know what just the reduction would cost.
Your are already on my friend list you can take a look at my pics.

Iris

brackets and PinUp like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iris For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
kah

kah is on a distinguished road
Great question. I was wondering the same thing. I saw several different PS for consults and not one recommended it. I think mine are huge and am just like you and don't want them to look gigantic with the implants.
The Following User Says Thank You to kah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 AM

raceyou2 is on a distinguished road
Well if they are already big then they will get bigger after the BA. So I would recommend the reduction since you said they are already a problem.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to raceyou2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 AM

thank you. yeah im already going thru the areloa to begin with for my BA. i really dont want to have to pay for it..i heard that some PS do it for free.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:32 AM

FromA-C is on a distinguished road
Hey call your PS and see how much he will charge you.....or if he will charge at all... I'm crossing my fingers he wont charge you hehe

Not too much longer till your BA!
The Following User Says Thank You to FromA-C For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by FromA-C View Post
Hey call your PS and see how much he will charge you.....or if he will charge at all... I'm crossing my fingers he wont charge you hehe

Not too much longer till your BA!
thank you i will do that. i know im so excited! im ready to get this over with already! the sooner the better!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM

leeleeb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cajun baby View Post
thank you i will do that. i know im so excited! im ready to get this over with already! the sooner the better!

I did have mine done smaller during my initial BA/BL, and afterwards they became pretty big again because my skin continued to stretch out as I bottomed out. When I had my latest revision two weeks ago, I had them made smaller again. I dont think they will be perfectly round, but I think they will look better than taking up the whole front part of my breast. My sister had her's made smaller when she decided to go larger with her 2nd BA, because she was afraid the larger implant would stretch them out. Its been 2 years and they look beautiful, although one isnt as perfectly round as the other. There was no additional cost to me, as I was already having a lift, Im not sure if there was an additional cost to her, but I do not believe there was. I believe she paid the normal revision amout.
The Following User Says Thank You to leeleeb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM

jdibby is on a distinguished road
I am having a nipple lift with a areola reduction next week thursday. I do not have up any pics yet but will be posting some preop and postop soon. I used to have perfect areolas, but after 4 kids they are huge and my boobs are deflated. I hope that he gets them the same size and shape. I do worry about that too.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdibby For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Happily expecting:-)

Excited is on a distinguished road
My ps would'nt do an areola reduction with my ba because he said the implant will stretch the areolas while healing an dropping so I have to go back if I want to get one in a few months. And Imo my areolas got a little bigger but it looks in proportion because I got big implants Usual cost over here is 500-800 for the reduction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Excited For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM

stargazer will become famous soon enough
I had areola reduction, I know looking at my pics they are still pretty big but they were HUGE before. I had a benelli lift so it was part of that. I would like them smaller but my PS said it was hard to reduce the diameter too drastically because then you are stitching together something of a wider diameter to smaller areola and get more of the puckering appearance some ppl have after a benelli. I feel like one is a little bigger, he thought so too but measured them and they were the same. ??? Optical illusion I guess. My scars still are red but are improving noticably.
The Following User Says Thank You to stargazer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 08:40 PM

shugerandspice is on a distinguished road
I had mine reduced along with a crescent lift and a ba... and I'm so happy I did! I'm only 1wk post op so they look kinda scary right now But they are SO much smaller... I just hope they don't stretch out again when my boobs fully drop. And he only charged me an extra $300 to do it. Have any of you girls who've gotten this done bruised at all on the areola? They almost look a like little reddish/bloody, but my PS said it will clear up when swelling goes down...
The Following User Says Thank You to shugerandspice For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:31 AM

Courage is on a distinguished road
Hey girls,
I'm booked for areola reduction and BA with periareola incision.

Did any of you girls have stats:

Pre op:
B cup
5"7
135pouds

Would like to know if you got permanant stitches and if any have stretched out because of the pressure on them or if it's stayed in
Place.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Newness is on a distinguished road
I had mine done with my BA 9 days ago, still has steri strips on so hard to see the full affect but they look much more "normal" from what I can tell, I don't think I was charged extra, I also had a lift. Ill post pics someday when I'm a member.