Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes

Areola Reduction??

Reply Subscribe
Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM

wonderwoman is on a distinguished road
Areola Reduction??

On 2/26 I am having my BA w/Benneli & areola reduction. I think I am most concerned about my areolas. Right now, my breasts are little saggy nothings, and my areola's are giant "targets" that my breastfeeding children made. I am excited about having perky, big breasts with "normal" sized areolas, but would like to hear from ladies who also had it done. I haven't been successful in finding pics of this online & really want to know if the people who have done it, are happy with it??? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:26 PM

june5 is on a distinguished road
This is one of those situations that I wish I had more education on before hand. I saw this after i had my ba and wish I had it done.

I believe Dr. Dewire has some examples of this on his website.

http://www.advanced-art.com/Breast-Nipple-Reduction.htm

It looks awesome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to june5 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 PM

Donna Mann is on a distinguished road
Benelli Breast Lift and Augmentation

OK. I had both and I am almost at 6 weeks. I have to tell you, be prepared for this. It is not easy. Of course I had a lot of extra skin cut out and I went back to work after 1 week and started driving. I drive a lot for work. I probably did too much too soon. I've been really sore and swollen. I am also a pretty small woman and not a spring chicken (44). I had one week a couple of weeks ago when I felt great. Now I'm back to swollen and sore. The scars, they look really tough to begin with. Very hard to take I have to tell you. They do get better but in the beginning, whew! You will be shocked if you don't look at pictures before hand of benelli. There is lots of puckering around your areola and it looks like the areola isn't really part of your breast. Mine are still shaped pretty strange but the 2nd set of tapes just came off a few days ago. I was told to leave them on until they naturally fell off. When the first set fell off I almost passed out when I looked at them. I couldn't wait to put the tapes back on. They look much better now but it is tough and they still do not look natural. I think you just have to be prepared. The PS makes the areola's really small because when the tapes come off they stretch back out. This stretching makes the pleating smooth out so you want this to happen but the changes they undergo are really pretty strange. Mine were very saggy and I needed to have this done. I didn't think I could handle the vertical scar but from all the things I've read and seen, the verticle scar lift recoveries are easier and they look normal quicker actually than the benelli. So it's a trade-off that's for sure. There is a post you should check out on an old message board. These are not my pictures but someone else that posted their's but it gives you a good sense of what it looks like right after surgery and over time. Warning, it is graphic, but you can see how much better they get over time. I don't feel comfortable posting someone else's photo's but if you email me, I'll tell you how I found the pictures on the web and you can check them out for yourself. I don't have the early post-op pictures of myself that this post has, but I do intend to post my pictures at some point because you are right, there aren't many out there and I want people to see what it is really like. It is easier if you know. For me, it has been difficult, but I'm active and on the go, so if you had an office job or something less strenuous I think it would be easier. Let me know if you want any more information. I'll be glad to share with you.

Mslovelyjubbly likes this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donna Mann For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2007, 04:54 PM

Sassy Cat is on a distinguished road
I had the areola reduction but had a full anchor lift. I'm happy with the size of the aerola now. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you. But if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Ema

Ema is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
I had the areola reduction but had a full anchor lift. I'm happy with the size of the aerola now. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you. But if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you.
I had exactly the same.....full anchor, w/areola reduction...I love the results! I do have pic's if your interested in seeing just let me know!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 PM

steph72 is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift with areola reduction too. Mine were terribly stretched out from being overweight, I love them being so little now! I've only regained a little sensation but I'm only 1 month post op so time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to steph72 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by steph72 View Post
I had a full anchor lift with areola reduction too. Mine were terribly stretched out from being overweight, I love them being so little now! I've only regained a little sensation but I'm only 1 month post op so time will tell.
How are your incisions looking??? I've seen some really bad pics of puckering & "frankenstein" nipples, so I'm a little freaked out. I've also seen some great ones too, which is really encouraging!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:36 AM

Impalamama is on a distinguished road
Hi Allison, I had a nipple reduction on my left nipple to match my right... I have before and after pics if you would like me too, I can send you an invite to my yahoo group. My Ps did a wonderful job, now I have to tell you I lost nearly all my sensation on that nipple but slowly I have gotten my feeling back. I would say about 80% now and I am 10mths post op.
The Following User Says Thank You to Impalamama For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Impalamama View Post
I have before and after pics if you would like me too, I can send you an invite to my yahoo group.

HI, that would be great, thank you!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM

Peachesp313 is on a distinguished road
Thanks so much for posting this thread! I hadn't much thought about an areolar reduction; just briefly...but my PS recommended it and so I am having it done. I needed this thread today!! Many thanks!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peachesp313 View Post
Thanks so much for posting this thread! I hadn't much thought about an areolar reduction; just briefly...but my PS recommended it and so I am having it done. I needed this thread today!! Many thanks!
Glad I could help! Good Luck!!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Monika is on a distinguished road
Red face

i am getting a lift and nipple reduction ,or watever you call it, on the one breast. This thread got me scared and excited. could anyone show me pics as well? its ok if not. i understand
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 PM

momma_of_3 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Monika View Post
i am getting a lift and nipple reduction ,or watever you call it, on the one breast. This thread got me scared and excited. could anyone show me pics as well? its ok if not. i understand

Hi I too had a BA/Lift and areola reduction, there is a difference i do believe between the areeola red. and the nipple reduction, I also had lipo. if anyone has questions you can pm me!! I would be happy to help
Katie
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 AM

Update

I just wanted to put an update on here since I am now at 1 month and 1 week post-op. My areola reduction was a breeze. My PS used disolvable stitches and I had little to no puckering. I have all of the feeling back in them, although they tend to be over sensitive at times. Currently, I am still a bit swollen so they look a little bigger than they are going to end up. Since I am not done recovering, I can't say if I am happy with them or not. Currently they look the same (maybe a wee bit smaller than before). As for the pain...there really isn't any - at least for me there wasn't. I had a 5 day pain pump & loved it, I think it really helped.

The only thing I would change is I would have gone to 450cc or 500cc. Boobie greed has gotten the best of me....my hubby says they are huge...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:38 PM

Melanie is on a distinguished road
My co-worker had her BA in November (from 34A to 34C) and just went to get her areolas reduced about a month and a half ago. She went through the areola for the BA, so that scar was completely gone when they reduced her nipples. She is quite happy she did it and said her scars are already practically invisible (she uses Mederma).
The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
I had the exact same procedure you are having and I am thrilled with the results. I also had huge areolas and I HATED them. I love my new boobies AND my areolas! I couldn't be happier. I still have the original tape on mine. I see my PS tomorrow and I hope he will remove it. The thing is, you have to look at the end result. Yeah, your boobs won't be immediately gorgeous as some women who only have BA done. You are having reconstructive work done. It will take longer to heal and get the result you want. I could care less that I have tape and visible incisions on my boobs. I know that I will be so happy once they heal. I was so saggy and deflated before my BA/BL. I am happy to have breasts, KWIM?

*Ha, now I see that you have already had it done. LOL! Glad to hear you are happy with everything but size. I kinda wish I had gone a tiny bit bigger, but it's all good.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:50 PM

towelbartittiesbyebye is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Impalamama View Post
Hi Allison, I had a nipple reduction on my left nipple to match my right... I have before and after pics if you would like me too, I can send you an invite to my yahoo group. My Ps did a wonderful job, now I have to tell you I lost nearly all my sensation on that nipple but slowly I have gotten my feeling back. I would say about 80% now and I am 10mths post op.
I would love to see your before and after pics too!!! I got the lollipop lift and I hope it turns out as well as yours.

Ariana
Old 04-21-2007, 07:20 PM

dd4me is on a distinguished road
wonderwoman,
Had it done!!! I was a saggy full D in right and just as saggy full C in lefty. Dr Galli did my lift through areolas which were 81/2 and 83/4 doc said areola usually 5-6 6 for me for sure cuz had bigger breast. He explained in detail to me that he was going to only be able to lift as much as possible without leaving pucker or "sunburst" effect. I have taken sewing in the past so it makes sense that you cant take too much of either skin but must take both (from areola and breast) to make a match. My wonderfull dr ulimately did the surgery twice the sewed me up before cutting to make sure it was the right amount. NO SUNBURST or puckering. then he expalined that.. that area would tend to be flattened if no aug was to be done. since i wanted them they same size was wanting aug, which then pushed out the areola again. Lost no sensation and they at last visit did get larger again but by no means as large as they were again im now after lift small c med c then 460 and 520 implants now were 36 DD bra. the trick he said is that my areolas were still pointing straight out and not sagging so the chances of better job was great. the surgery took 51/2 hours absoultly no brusing only steri strips and and great pain control. ask lots of questions and make sure the doc tells you the good and bad then decide. good luck i can send pics if interested
Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Sweet Heart is on a distinguished road
Hey...After I got my new boobies...my aerolas...got much bigger. I didnt realized theyd do that. But I guess I'll just leave them as they are.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Aline21

thanks for the info

thank you all so much for the info, i have my ba scheduled for 11 may with a lift, ba, and areolar red. this had made me feel better, i was really starting to worry about the outcome. i really hope my scares arent bad. that is the only this i am worried about.

Reply Subscribe