Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes

Areola Reduction??

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM

wonderwoman is on a distinguished road
Just another update...I'm at about 2 months/5 days post op. My areola scars are pretty good. You can basically just see a tiny white line around it...so it's not bad at all. As for the size...they aren't much smaller than they were! I go back to my PS next week so I'm going to have him measure and compare what they were pre BA. I had no puckering. As SweetHeart mentioned above, I think if I did not have the reduction they probably would have been even larger...so I'm glad that I had it done!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM

Natalia is on a distinguished road
Sorry to drag up old topics, but I didn't want to make a thread about it when there was already a topic made.
I am also contemplating reduction, but I'm not sure if it's possible in my case, or if it is possible, then I don't know if it's even worth it. :/
Old 08-16-2007, 02:57 AM

LisaPSL is on a distinguished road
Smile

I had it done. Areola reduction, benelli lift and implants. I would not change a thing. The recovery was longer but well worth it!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 PM

kele627 is on a distinguished road
I am thinking of Areola reduction with ba and would love to see pics. I am very nervous about the whole thing.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Happily expecting:-)

Excited is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know the real difference between the benelli and areola reduction?
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM

wantinmesumtatas is on a distinguished road
I had areolar reduction along with my ba. Both of my areolas were on the large side but my right breast was tuberous and was basically all areola! It was horrible. My ps released the tuber and did the reduction. I am only 9 days po so I haven't seen what they look like yet because they are still taped. I don't get my stitches out until Monday. I do know that I have full sensation in both nipples, though. I didn't even know there was such a thing as areolar reduction and to tell you the truth I was so bothered by my tuberous breast that the size of my nipples never really phased me much. But I can tell you I am so glad that he suggested it because I can say that once I got these beautiful breasts and all was said and done and I had these huge areolas covering them I would have been so upset! I can let you know how they look after I get my stitches out on Monday if you'd like.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM

wantinmesumtatas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Excited View Post
Does anyone know the real difference between the benelli and areola reduction?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe a benelli is a lift of saggy breasts where as an areola reduction is a procedure to make a large areola smaller.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:16 PM

MorningGlory is on a distinguished road
I also will be going to my first pre-op appt. Monday! My bandages will be removed and I can also tell you how mine came out! My areola's weren't huge but I wanted them reduced and he said with a lift they usually do it anyways..so I will be happy to share pre & post pics when I can!!!! Hope this helps!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Devchenka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by june5 View Post
This is one of those situations that I wish I had more education on before hand. I saw this after i had my breast augmentation and wish I had it done.

I believe Dr. Dewire has some examples of this on his website.

http://www.advanced-art.com/Breast-Nipple-Reduction.htm

It looks awesome!
Thank you for helpful link, i asked my doctor for possible areola reduction and he said it should not be done at the same time as the augmentation as they will just stretch out from the size increase.

Originally Posted by CAINAZ View Post
I had the exact same procedure you are having and I am thrilled with the results. I also had huge areolas and I HATED them. I love my new boobies AND my areolas! I couldn't be happier. I still have the original tape on mine. I see my PS tomorrow and I hope he will remove it. The thing is, you have to look at the end result. Yeah, your boobs won't be immediately gorgeous as some women who only have breast augmentation done. You are having reconstructive work done. It will take longer to heal and get the result you want. I could care less that I have tape and visible incisions on my boobs. I know that I will be so happy once they heal. I was so saggy and deflated before my breast augmentation/BL. I am happy to have breasts, KWIM?

*Ha, now I see that you have already had it done. LOL! Glad to hear you are happy with everything but size. I kinda wish I had gone a tiny bit bigger, but it's all good.
Do you have any pictures i can see before and after your areola reduction? I send you FR, thanks.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM

tntajalle is on a distinguished road
Can you email me ?

I've been really interested in having this type of surgery after I finish my breastfeeding sessions lol it won't be fo a while though my baby is due in march. Please email me !!! I'll really appreciate it! I'm just kinda ify about it I don't want my breast to look weird but I don't want huge areolas either thanks!!!!
Reply Subscribe