Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Nipple Stretching

Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Akhmatova will become famous soon enough
Nipple Stretching

This might be an odd question but ...

I have large nipples right now and I am completely OK with it. I am just concerned that the ba is going to stretch them out and make them bigger?

I also have Tuberous Breasts and I know that a lot of times for that specific surgery, the surgeon will tighten up your areola a little to make it "not so big."

So, does having a BA/Tuberous Breast surgery do anything to stretch out your nipples and make them larger?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM

lm87 is on a distinguished road
I am no expert on this but just from my personal experience after two BA's, I noticed they did stretch out a little along with the skin across your breasts but nothing too noticable because it's just now proportionate to fit your new bigger boobies. Everything sort of goes up in size, but it's still all proportionate..if that makes any sense..don't know if I explained that good enough lol.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by lm87 View Post
I am no expert on this but just from my personal experience after two BA's, I noticed they did stretch out a little along with the skin across your breasts but nothing too noticable because it's just now proportionate to fit your new bigger boobies. Everything sort of goes up in size, but it's still all proportionate..if that makes any sense..don't know if I explained that good enough lol.
That does make sense. You're boobs are getting bigger and your nipples do too, but because your boobs are bigger, your nipples end up looking the same that they did on the smaller natural boob?

I am curious about whether this is different with Tuberous Breasts though, because I know a lot of time they will do a procedure that makes your areola smaller. Hmmm.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM

lm87 is on a distinguished road
I am not sure about that part...I'm sure some of the other girls on here will know...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 PM

lacey320 is on a distinguished road
I think certainly they can do an areola reduction, and if they go in thru the areola, they can put in a permanent purse string stitch that keeps the nipple from spreading out too widely. I understand the concern - I'd hate for mine to be any bigger! I'm only 3 days post op and the steri strips are still on so it's hard to tell right now!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by lacey320 View Post
I think certainly they can do an areola reduction, and if they go in thru the areola, they can put in a permanent purse string stitch that keeps the nipple from spreading out too widely. I understand the concern - I'd hate for mine to be any bigger! I'm only 3 days post op and the steri strips are still on so it's hard to tell right now!
Did you have Tuberous Breasts or just went in through the areola? Did you have a purse string stitch like you said? How was your surgery (AHHH SO MANY QUESTIONS!!)
Old 06-07-2009, 09:14 PM

lacey320 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by queenhrosie View Post
Did you have Tuberous Breasts or just went in through the areola? Did you have a purse string stitch like you said? How was your surgery (AHHH SO MANY QUESTIONS!!)
No I didn't have tuberous breasts, but I needed a lift, so he went in through the areola. I had read about the areola stretching so I asked him about it and he explained about the purse string stitch as well as the permanent stitch they put in specifically to keep the areola from getting bigger. Apparently some PS's don't do this?? Yikes. So just make sure your PS knows it's a concern. Another PS I had gone for a consult with told me that it's important to confirm your doc really knows what s/he is doing in this regard and that they do a lot of breast work - that can help the overall result as well.

Surgery was actually much easier than I thought - I will admit that I was nervous leading up to it, b/c I didn't have it till afternoon, so it was too much time to get nervous about it! I wrote up the whole experience and posted it under the Breast Augmentation Stories thread if you want all the details - it's long!!

Best of luck to you!!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by lacey320 View Post
No I didn't have tuberous breasts, but I needed a lift, so he went in through the areola. I had read about the areola stretching so I asked him about it and he explained about the purse string stitch as well as the permanent stitch they put in specifically to keep the areola from getting bigger. Apparently some PS's don't do this?? Yikes. So just make sure your PS knows it's a concern. Another PS I had gone for a consult with told me that it's important to confirm your doc really knows what s/he is doing in this regard and that they do a lot of breast work - that can help the overall result as well.

Surgery was actually much easier than I thought - I will admit that I was nervous leading up to it, b/c I didn't have it till afternoon, so it was too much time to get nervous about it! I wrote up the whole experience and posted it under the Breast Augmentation Stories thread if you want all the details - it's long!!

Best of luck to you!!
Thanks for that. I'm making a little question sheet right now haha and I am going to ask about the purse string thing that you mentioned. Thanks so much!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 AM

kitx is on a distinguished road
I had tuberous breasts and my surgeon said the largest implant he'd put in at the same time as reducing the size of the areola was a B. and that I wouldn't be happy with that. which is true as i was going for DD!

Basically he said if he put a bigger implant in that that he said the scar around the areola might stretch, and leave you with a large areola anyway with a scar round and look even worse.etc etc etc. The bigger you go, the more the skin has to stretch.

I've got some pics up if you send a FR my areolas are still big but MUCH more in proportion with the size of my boobies x