Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Nipple reduction....sensation?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:44 PM

photogmom is on a distinguished road
Nipple reduction....sensation?

This is a question for those of you that had a nipple reduction. I am worried about sensation loss with the reduction. I am wondering if anyone that has had this procedure had any complications? How is the sensation afterward??
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 PM

oregongirl25 is on a distinguished road
Whoops, didn't read the post completely, thought you said BA...

I didn't have nipple reduction, bit I'm sure some one will answer!

Last edited by oregongirl25; 08-20-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: tired and didn't read thoroughly I guess.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 PM
lkh

lkh is on a distinguished road
I had nipple reduction along with my BA and had no complications whatsoever. I did not experience any loss of sensation. I actually had my BA done through the incisions for my nipple reduction. So, I have very minimal, if any, scarring from the surgery. It has been 14 months since the surgery, and I am very happy with my results!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
I had both an areola reduction and nipple reduction along with my BA/BL. I guess you could call that the works!!

At first it was weird because it was almost like I had some other mans idea of the perfect breast as mine. I was very unsure if I like them. My larger areolas were part of me and those little bumps on them (Montgomery glands) were all gone. My nipples were the same diameter but shorter, straighter (which was a positive because one was crooked from breastfeeding) and kind of flat. While they looked perfect, they were not me. The bumps on my areolas and the more robust nipple was what made me, me.

Anyway....tomorrow is my 10 month and as far as the areola and nipple reduction things could not be better but it took a long time. Here is my time line maybe you will find it helpful. After about 3 1/2 months sensation pretty much returned to my nipples. By about 6 months most of the little bumps reappeared around the areola but at that point I began to realize my nipples never really got HARD since the surgery. Well about a month ago that all changed and they definately started responding like they used to. Then one day in the shower I just looked down and there they were....my original breasts, with the areolas with their little bumps and nipples that stood up from the middle, but now bigger and perfected, it was amazing!

So I know this is a bit long and slighly off topic but for me it was more than just a nipple reduction. Healing took time but the results are well worth it. They look great, sensation is great and response is great. And I can go braless without having headlights on! HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Iris For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 AM

photogmom is on a distinguished road
Well I have the kind of nipples that stick out straight, although they have dropped a bit from breastfeeding. I am worried about them because if I have a BA, I will have to wear something all the time to prevent people from seeing them through my shirts, so I was considering the reduction. I need to post pictures soon, so you know what I am talking about. I am just worried about losing sensation.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:14 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by photogmom View Post
Well I have the kind of nipples that stick out straight, although they have dropped a bit from breastfeeding. I am worried about them because if I have a BA, I will have to wear something all the time to prevent people from seeing them through my shirts, so I was considering the reduction. I need to post pictures soon, so you know what I am talking about. I am just worried about losing sensation.
I personally think the nipple reduction surgery is a rather simple procedure. It can be done in office under local.
I think you have more risk of losing sensation from the entire BA process than the nipple reduction itself. If you read enough posts about just BAs you will see most women lose sensation for some amount of time. Then there are others that have increased sensation...to the point of discomfort. It seems for almost everyone things return to normal over time. But it does take time.
If the size of your nipples bother you now a BA will probably make them even more noticable since your breasts will be fuller the more protruding (in a good way )
Old 09-07-2010, 08:02 AM

cutestxinfinity is on a distinguished road
Question for Iris:

I have those little bumps (Montgomery glands) and I absolutely hate them on myself! I was just confirming that you had them removed but they did come back? Is there any way to completely rid of them? I can't help but feel gross and always want to cover my breasts up because of them.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 AM

sms3 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for asking this.
I've been considering it too myself since my BA 6 weeks ago.
My nipples have always been prominent but they were hidden in the padded bras. Now I'm finding that they're always there sticking themselves out for everyone to see.
My PS said that he wouldn't do the reduction during my BA and that I should wait and see how much I'm bothered by it after the BA.
I was also wondering about loss of sensation and thank Iris and lkh for their useful replies.
If I go for it I'll let you know.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Jen5862

jen5862 is on a distinguished road
As far as right after surgery, that Sensation feels like a small fire... I think it's cuz they try to .... stimulate and the skin is pulling inward...and it burns really bad for 5-10 min @ a time. Yeah, I'm ready for that to stop since I'm always cold. ;
I'm 20 days in sooo not sure how long it lasts..
But I do see that ur talking abt the loss of sensation...