Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Areola reduction and nipple sensation...

Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 PM

LoveBunny is on a distinguished road
Areola reduction and nipple sensation...

I've read about so many ladies either losing sensation or gaining sensation after the surgery but I want to know only about ladies who have had an areola reduction. It's scary to me. I mean the take the areola off!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM

angeleyes is on a distinguished road
I had an areola reduction with my BA and a mini lift, I did lose sensation on both my breasts but for only 3 months. I knew before the surgery that there is a possibility that I may lose sensation on one or both of my nipples but It was a risk I was willing to take. I am so pleased with my results.

Best of luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
I had an areola reduction with my BA and a mini lift, I did lose sensation on both my breasts but for only 3 months. I knew before the surgery that there is a possibility that I may lose sensation on one or both of my nipples but It was a risk I was willing to take. I am so pleased with my results.

Best of luck to you.

Did you gain ALL sensation back.. or did you get any more than before?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 PM

angeleyes is on a distinguished road
I gained all sensation on my right nipple, and I'd say almost all sensation on my left. I probably have more sensation on my right nipple than i did before BA.
The Following User Says Thank You to angeleyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 08:26 PM

fiercelisa is on a distinguished road
Sensation

Originally Posted by LoveBunny View Post
I've read about so many ladies either losing sensation or gaining sensation after the surgery but I want to know only about ladies who have had an areola reduction. It's scary to me. I mean the take the areola off!
I have had aerola reduction and it looks fabulous. Yes my nipples are still tender, perhaps the left one more so.
The Following User Says Thank You to fiercelisa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by fiercelisa View Post
I have had aerola reduction and it looks fabulous. Yes my nipples are still tender, perhaps the left one more so.
That's great! At least you can still feel.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm resurrecting this thread. I would really love more responses. It's a major concern of mine. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
M&M

M&M is on a distinguished road
I had an aerola reduction with my BL and they did not remove my aerola. He cut around it and sutured the skin around it. It looked "puckered" for a few weeks, but now it looks great! I have sensation in both my nipples. My loss of sensation was from my original BA. My sensation after the aerola reduction is no different than before. I love it!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 AM

ArielMermaid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by M&M View Post
I had an aerola reduction with my BL and they did not remove my aerola. He cut around it and sutured the skin around it. It looked "puckered" for a few weeks, but now it looks great! I have sensation in both my nipples. My loss of sensation was from my original breast augmentation. My sensation after the aerola reduction is no different than before. I love it!
Hey M&M
I am 2 weeks post op from BA with Bennelli lift and areola reduction. So far my incision site/scar around my areola looks red,scabbed,raised and "puckered" is this normal being 2 weeks post op?? Even though its early post op I am so disappointed so far with how the nipple incision looks but trying to stay positive... and would really love to hear how your incision site/scars looked in the beginning post op and how they improved?? Thanks so Much!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 PM

newboobles is on a distinguished road
I lost most of the feeling in both of my areolas. It doesn't bother me that much because I was so ashamed of my breasts before the surgery I never got any pleasure out of my nipples anyway. I had tuberous breast correction and I had to have internal stitches in my areolas to fix the hernation of the breast tissue in addition to an areola reduction, so that could be part of why I lost so much sensation too. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I want it all!

HoustonBarbie is on a distinguished road
I hope my experience can help you make an informed decision. My areolas were always stretched, so I already had very little to no sensation from them. During my surgery, they were reduced. I still have very little to no sensation in them years after the surgery, but since I never had much sensation to begin with, I don't miss it much.

The pro is obviously that your areolas will be in better proportion to your breasts. But keep in mind that anyone who sees that upgraded proportion will also see the scars from the surgery. Something to consider, in addition to the possibility of losing the sensation that you may be used to.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:52 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Losing sensation is a big concern for me. I dislike my breasts and it can affect me sexually but I really love the way it feels. I am very hopeful to keep sensation in them. I will be very very upset if I lose it.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Just to update you. I had my areolar reduction. There is slight decrease in sensitivity in my right breats, but I can still feel alittle an dmy nipple does harden upon contact. My left has complete feeling. My PS is confident my right will regenerate the nerves and gain full feeling again.