Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Nipple reduction

Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM

CAlady is on a distinguished road
Red face Nipple reduction

Hi ladies. My doc is suggesting I have a nipple reduction at the same time as my BA. My nips are not huge, but got a little bigger after my 3rd child. I agree that they do need to be reduced in size and he's willing to do it as a "freebie" to make my boobs look as cute as possible

Has anyone had this done? what was it like - healing process, nipple sensitivity post-op, etc

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 PM

SuperGirl9000 is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about the actual nipple, or the areola?

No offense to anybody thats had it done but Ive seen pictures of girls with breast reductions that have had an areola reduciton as well, and to me it ends up looking too unnaturally round.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM

I was referring to the actual nipple, not the areola.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:21 PM

sncobb is on a distinguished road
I am having my nipples reduce too. I was wondering the same thing. I hope my nipples don't loose thier sensativity.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Good luck on your BA sncobb! Please keep us posted. I'm really curious to know what the reduction is like.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAlady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM

honeyyoon is on a distinguished road
After some googling, it seems that it is a possible side effect. Not sure if it is worth it or not :S
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 PM

CarrieBlue is on a distinguished road
Hi, I had a nipple reduction and I think they look awesome! I breastfed for a year and they took a bit of a beating! I'm so glad that I got it done, it made a world of a difference! Wow lucky your getting a "freebie" that's awesome, my BA was a extra 2000 I believe with the nipple reduction. You would never have guessed I got them reduced by looking at them. I had sutures around the nipple that disolved after about a month or so and it looks good. Only negative thing I can say right now is that my left nipple is still numb, the left boob itself has taken a longer time to get the feeling back in them. In the past week I have just started to get feeling back in that boob but I haven't gottena any feeling in the nipple yet. The PS said it can take quite a while, 6 months to a year maybe, so fingers crossed. If it bothers you and you think it will make a big difference then I would get it done. But, if your fine with it and you think it looks good then why mess with it you know? Good luck on your decision, if you have any more questions just let me know!! Good luck!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM

SgtsArmyWife is on a distinguished road
I had it done with my implants. They looked a bit freaky after wards cause basically my whole nipple was stiched onto my boob. It took about 2 months for my areolas to flatten out and look normal. One nipple is normal sensitivity wise, the other is a bit less sensitive than before which sucks. Overall worth it, and Im big on needing nipple sensation.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 PM

barefootmama is on a distinguished road
I just had it done two weeks ago as part of my BA/BL and I think it looks fine now. Already the incision sites are almost invisible. For the first week they were totally numb, but now the sensation is starting to come back. My doc even went in and cut some of the contractor muscles so that when I'm cold my nipples won't get so hard.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
I had both an areola and a nipple reduction. My PS did not do a cookie cutter round areola they look very natural. As for the nipples mine were kinda looking in different directions from nursing 3 babies. They are perfect and centered now. You cannot even see any scar at all. I have found NO difference in sensitivity.