Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Inverted Nipples

Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Jam

Jam is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Inverted Nipples

Hi ladies,
I have my BA in mid May, and unfortunately I also have inverted nipples I don't like them and they have never come out doesn't matter what I try :P My surgeon said he would have to cut the milk ducts and build them for me...aust $2K ontop.
Alternatively I was wondering if anybody knows of the other method of cosmetic piercing, which will be cheaper and hopefully less pain all in one day.
Thanks for reading
-Jam xo
Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
There is a product that Avent puts out called Nipplette that helps to pull inverted nipples out. I don't know if it works, but many swear by it. Try Googling it.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Jam
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Jam

Thanks Justright but I bought two packs of those lol, the hurt a lot and didn't make any progress...I think mine are just a little too far gone I just really dont want to prolong my recovery time; work,uni etc...but i certainly don't want to get it done later either :P
Old 01-06-2010, 07:41 PM

Sindaura is on a distinguished road
Hi Jam! I tried the Nipplette as well and it did not help. I have pierced both my nipples twice to try and correct my own. It has helped, but they are now more flat then inverted.
If you cannot get them to come out with manipulation then I wouldn't recommend piercing. It's best to pierce while the nipple is erect so that the jewelry is placed behind your nipple, keeping it erect and ensuring scar tissue forms behind it which also assist in maintaining eversion. The second time I pierced, we made sure of this, and they migrated until I removed them.
Also be aware piercing can still damage the milk ducts.

Some ladies have had success with inverted nipples become outties after their BA's. I am hoping my own BA will be that little bit extra to help mine pop more...lol. Maybe with the BA alone you will have a change.

I am pretty sure when I looked into it the inverted nipple correction was an in office procedure, so you could have your BA (see if it has any effect on your nipples), if it doesn't help then you should not be charged more than what you were already quoted to go ahead with the nipple correction separately. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to Sindaura For This Useful Post:
Jam
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Jam

Thankyou so much Sindaura, that was amazingly helpful! I think the best thing for me to do is to cancel the consult for the peircings, and just get them to do the surgery (if necessary) during the BA (my poor fiance is fretting already). My surgeon said I wouldn't be able to breastfeed anyway so it wouldn't make any difference...it just worried me that he didnt even know about the peircing technique although he said it wouldnt be fruitful, so I thought there might be a chance :P
Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
From Boobs to Knees...A New Body Please!

twingirlz is on a distinguished road
I have inverted nipples and I tried the nipplettes when I was nursing, but it didn't help. When DH sucks on them ( I know, TMI) they go back in pretty quickly. Most of the consults I had, the ps's said they may come out on their own, which I really don't think they will as they are pretty severely inverted. and they said they could do it at a later time, but I really don't have time for 2 different recovery periods.

My ps, BA on Tues!, also said they may come out with BA, but he doubted it. I am having the nipples repaired at the same time. He is only charging $600 more for it. I'd rather have it all done at once rather than go through 2 recovery times, not to mention the week I will have the plastic splints on. I can't do that much time off, and I wouldn't want to go to work trying to hide my nipple splints! If you are willing, I say go for it. I personally don't like nipple piercings, so that wouldn't even be an option for me. Good luck on your decision. I'll let you know how mine goes. Send me a FR if you want. I'm doing my preop photos this weekend with DH, I will take a close up of nipple before and then after.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Jam

Thankyou so much Twingirls, I'll send one through. You girls are all so helpful, I've never been able to hear this much informative experience on the subject... there just isn't much out there other than product endorsement.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Donna85 is on a distinguished road
I had an inverted nipple on my left breast and after my augmentation...I don't anymore. Kinda weird...but I'm not going to complain lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:23 AM

J61028 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
My surgeon said I wouldn't be able to breastfeed anyway so it wouldn't make any difference...
I'm currently a student that is studying midwifery and i have helped ladies breastfeed with inverted nipples . . . i know its a personal choice and all but i thought id let you know its possible for when and if the time comes =)

good luck - wish you the best!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 AM

Donna85 is on a distinguished road
pic is uploaded for you