Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Inverted nipples and surgery or piercing...?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM

LoveBunny is on a distinguished road
Inverted nipples and surgery or piercing...?

Well..

I HATE my nipples. They look fine when fully erect but most of the time they are flush with the aureole. I envy you ladies that have normal nipples that at least stick out from the aureole a bit even when not erect.
I'm almost think I have Grade 1 nipple inversion.
Grade 1 nipples are typically inverted, but evert (emerge) readily in response to stimulation such as touch or cold temperature, and can remain everted for as long as stimulation lasts. These are often referred to as "shy nipples."

The part of the definition that says "typically" is where I question.. Does that typically mean that it is possible to have inverted nipples to a lesser extent than this. Mine aren't really inverted but don't protrude even a little when not hard. I have seen pictures of ones kind of like mine. I don't like my transformer nips. I want to get my nipples pierced anyway but I don't know if it'll help with my issue in the slightest. I know piercing can help the severely inverted nips, but I think mine will just go back flat around the bar or ring I'd have in.

I really want to go back to Dr. DeWire about at least me aureole issue. I didn't mention it above, but I feel like more tissue might need to be removed. But I can never get my nipples to get un-hard when I'm there so he doesn't see the problem. I have put up an album for this that I will leave public for a while. Any ladies even KIND of have my issue?

Also, what do you ladies think about the puffiness still seen on my aureoles when not hard? Should I go to my PS about it again with maybe my own pictures since I can't get them to do it at the office? It doesn't look nice under shirts. I would like to braless sometimes and unfortunately it doesn't look nice without a bra. It is really depressing me and I cry about it all the time.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM

4everesolutions is on a distinguished road
I really do have exactly what you're describing. I think it's just what comes with having tuberous breasts.

The 'flat nipple' issue has never really bothered me, but I'm sure if it's really upsetting you there is something that can be done about it. Doctors can completely rebuild nipples for woman who have had their breasts removed due to caner, I am sure there is something they can do to help you with the shy nipples. I'd say take pictures (like the ones in your album) in with you to your doc so he can see what you're talking about.

The areola puffiness I can also relate to, and it did bother me. The good news is mine - mostly - went away after about a year. It's almost like the tissue flattened out over time....to be honest though still not as much as I would like. I went back to my doc about it - and he said I would need to do another surgery, get bigger implants, another lift and the whole nine yards.

Don't cry doll - us girls with tuber-boobs have a bigger transformation to go through. For us, BA's are more about the art of correction, rather than an exact science. Def. go talk to your doc and see what he can do for you. Keep your chin up - as much as you are sad some times, your boobs still look AMAZING the way they are right now.

Take care! XOXO!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM

Red face

I have seen a lot of other ladies tuberous breasts, but have yet to see any ladies with the flat nipples. I don't know why they bother me so much. :-(

I did bring my concern up with my surgeon a while ago before surgery and he said there really isn't anything he could do. But then again, he doesn't offer inverted nipple correction as one of his services. I think I'll have to somewhere else for that.

I think I will bring in my SD card to show him my issue with the puffiness. I'm honestly just sick of him and his wife saying "we're our own biggest critic." They are amazing people and Dr. D did a wonderful job. But that one little phrase is driving me insane and makes me feel like he doesn't take what I say seriously. I really have to write a letter to read to him while in the office to really try to portray how much it bothers me. I'm really bad with actually getting my point across verbally. I can never get what I want to say actually out while there. It's later on when I'm gone where I think of great ways to say something.

Hopefully my aureole puffiness, as with yours will diminish somewhat over time. It seems that the permanent stitch around my aureoles would keep them from flattening any more than they are. So I don't see how it could happen. Did you get a Benelli lift too?

Thanks so much for your input. It's just so hard to be happy with my results sometimes. I know it is like night and day looking at my before and after pictures. They look great now for the most part. I just look at the mug they gave me that says "Never Compromise." LOL!.. It makes me wonder if I can get a bit of a better result. I don't want to compromise. :-P

Are you definitely going to get a redo with another lift? Does your PS think it will solve all of your puffy aureole problem?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:07 AM

Sindaura is on a distinguished road
I used to have inverted nipples, but pierced them both twice and now they are more flat, like you are describing. There is a condition called flat nipples, maybe that is what you have. Mine too will come out when it's cold, or stimulated.

If you get them pierced make sure they are erect before you pierce them. Use ice or stimulation, whatever works for ya. Keep in mind that you will have more chance of the jewelry migrating, this happened to me the second time around.

I am sending you a FR. GL to you!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM

4everesolutions is on a distinguished road
I agree - life is too short to compromise! If you're not completely 100% happy, then keep trying. Maybe go see a different PS who offers nipple correction? Actually, a different consult might be a good idea for you, essp. if you feel like you PS isn't really hearing you out or taking you seriously (and it sounds like he isn't).

I won't be going back to the same PS who did my initial BA - knowing what I know now, he was a downright BAD plastic surgeon. He only mentioned that my breasts were "a bit tuberous" (I later found out from my Gyno that they were very badly tuberous), and he sort of glossed over the whole procedure and rushed me through it. He also didn't use the word "Benelli lift" but judging by my results and the price he charged, I *think* he gave me one (or something to that effect). Weird, huh?

I did go back a year later to speak with him, becasue I just wasn't happy. He said that a redo with a lift and larger implants would be needed to solve all my areola issues (as well as some other issues I have). I'm not sure if I 100% trust his word, but I'm definitely saving up for a redo right now - I want bigger! haha!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:26 PM

BarbieLuxe is on a distinguished road
What exactly is tuberous breasts? I don't think I've ever had that, but I think I have inverted nipples. They do not stick out from the areola unless I touch them or if there's something rubbing onto them. If I go braless they get hard since the top I have on is rubbing at them. My nipples are also very puffy, which I've never liked. Is there a way of getting rid of that puffiness? Also, I've read about piercing the nipples, will the nipples stick out of the areola after taking out the piercings?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BarbieLuxe View Post
What exactly is tuberous breasts? I don't think I've ever had that, but I think I have inverted nipples. They do not stick out from the areola unless I touch them or if there's something rubbing onto them. If I go braless they get hard since the top I have on is rubbing at them. My nipples are also very puffy, which I've never liked. Is there a way of getting rid of that puffiness? Also, I've read about piercing the nipples, will the nipples stick out of the areola after taking out the piercings?
By puffy nipples do you mean the aureoles? I had that with my tuberous breasts and still have it a tiny bit after my BA. There are different types of the deformity. You might have a mild case? The benelli lift is supposed to fix most if not all aureole puffiness. I'm hoping to go back in and get mine fixed some more.
Tuberous breasts sometimes have herniated aureoles as the DRs call it. Tuberous breasts are also called "Snoopy nose" since it kind of resembles it for some ladies. Here is a definition: "characteristics include: enlarged, puffy areola, unusually wide spacing between the breasts, minimal breast tissue, sagging, higher than normal breast fold,and narrow base at the chest wall."
Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by Runninginheels View Post
Haha, oh man...I always just assumed everyone's nipples were flat until stimulated, except those with implants (I figured they sort...pushed them out? Sort of how sometimes pregnant women with inny belly buttons turn to outies during the pregnancy. Don't ask how I came up with this assumption.).

But, yeah, I definitely have flat nipples. It's no big deal to me...they get hard and look good when it's cold or they're rubbed, but it is interesting to know it may be connected to the tuberous boobs. It may bother me more after surgery...but right now I'm so focused on the first step of getting the fixed that the nipples are the least of my worries.

I'm so sorry you're so unhappy though! It's unfair of your PS to dismiss you over something that obviously bothers you. Have you thought of bringing in pictures to his office to illustrate what you feel is wrong?

Yes! I figure I'll bring in my SD card and he could bring them up on his computer. I think Dr. D will really listen if I bring in pictures. I mean when I was having an issue with how one looked bigger, he took all angle pictures of me, even lying down. Then brought them up on his computer and showed me how my rib cage angles slightly outward on one side which makes one breast look smaller. With a bunch of line drawing on the pictures showed they were in fact almost identical in size, it was just the slight rib cage difference that gave the illusion.

I wish the implants made the nipples poke out! Nice thought! :ROTFL:
Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Runninginheels View Post
Haha, there's a lot of things that I wish were fixed with a flat out BA...I'd be able to get it tomorrow if I didn't have to save up for a lift, too.

How would they fix he inverted nipples? I haven't heard of a surgery for that.
Good luck! I'm sure that, once you prove you're not imaging things and know what you're talking about, you'll be able to get somewhere!
Here is a link about inverted nipple correction. http://www.nipplerepair.com/inverted-nipple-repair.cfm

UGH! It's such a pain. My surgery cost about 8000..? I think. Dr. D is pricier than some around here. I wish I could have gone with a straight forward BA. Scars suck :-(
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 PM

Artychick is on a distinguished road
Hey girls, i have the same problem and always felt self conscious as they only stuckout when it was extreamly cold... never when aroused or anything. So i kept telling my bf about it and he saw i was really concerned so he researched this so much (he always researches everything to death!!!) and got me this little nipple device called Niplette from Philips. I was very skeptical at first and then i tried it just for the heck of it...used it for a week for like 6-8 hours a day and noticed a big improvement, they get randomly erect now and even more so when stimulated, the effect is also long lasting as i stopped using it around my period as my breasts were sore and they were still responding similarly. I think the effects are much better when you use it more but i havent had a chance as just about to have my augmentation but i definiately think it will solve my problem once i've recovered.

http://www.motheringfromtheheart.com/nipletteinfo.htm

Anyway, just thought i''d share and let you girls know that it works really well and that its a good alternative to surgery. At 40$ it's not much to see if it will work for you as opposed to paying thousands for surgery.

They're quite easy to use, you just put this plastic cover on them and suck out the air with a syringe and it stretched them out lol a bit painful (just tuggign at skin) at first but if you put cocoa butter or rich moisturiser on its ok. Also you can gradually increase the amount of suction until you're comfortable. I stopped noticing mine after a couple of days of wear and just wore it around the house in loose fitting clothes but i read some women wear it in padded bras.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:44 PM

FitnessFreak is on a distinguished road
^ It's awesome that product worked for you, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.