Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

nipple reduction technique

Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM

mosael is on a distinguished road
nipple reduction technique

I'm planning to get BA with nipple reduction but I've talked to 3 doctors and am not sure which is the best way to achieve what I want. One doctor said he would take four wedges out of the nipple itself. Another said he would cut the base of the nipple to make it shorter and if I wanted the diameter reduced he could do that. He also said he would not do it during the BA because it increases chances of infection in the implant. The last doctor I didn't actually talk to as he is out of state but according to his website I think he does some manipulation to the areola itself to reduce the nipple??? I'm not certain how that would work. I am not bothered by my areola but my nipple is way too big and will just be more noticeable with BA. Can anyone tell me how their nipple reduction was done, if it was during BA surgery or after, and how much it cost? I'm getting quotes from $100 to 2,500.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM

CarrieBlue is on a distinguished road
I had the nipple reduction done and I'm very happy. I would have to look at my paperwork but i believe it was a extra 2000 for the nipple reduction. It was totally worth it for me because mine were pretty long and they just didn't look that nice. I got mine done with my BA, my PS never said anything about a increased chance of infection. Do not get it done where they cut off the top, my PS said that damages the nerves, I think that's the old school way. Mine was done where he cuts only the skin around the nipple part and it ends up looking like a mushroom. I know it's hard to explain but imagine a whole mushroom with the head of it being larger than the stem. Then my PS pushes it down and sutures it. I had sutures in for about 3 weeks or so and had a areola BA done. There are no nerves cut, just the skin around it and then pushes it down and sutures. I would definetly look more into it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!! Good luck in your journey.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 AM

mosael is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. It was very helpful!!