Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Fixing Inverted Nipples during Augmentation?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM

campincajun is on a distinguished road
Fixing Inverted Nipples during Augmentation?

Has anyone had their inverted nipples corrected during breat augmentation? I read about it and one way is to just cut the milk duct to the nipple (if you are not planning to ever breastfeed). By cutting it, it releases the nipple and allows it to protrude. I am thinking of asking my PS about it and was wondering if anyone else had it done?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM

dubchick is on a distinguished road
Sometimes they can just correct themselves when you get a BA....some of the ladies on here will probably tell you about it from personal experience.

Mine were before I breastfed, now one is kind of outy and the other a little more flat....I'm going to see how they go after BA, and if I still don't like them I'm going to try fixing them with piercings- which as long as you get someone experienced can work really well.

I think it all depends how inny they are!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Jetison will become famous soon enough
I asked my PS about this and he says if you get a HP implant, then about 75% of the time it will pop out on its own. My one became inverted from breastfeeding tho, so I for sure want it fixed cuz it looks funny next to the "normal" one!! Does anyone know how much more that fix costs??
Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM

wanttogobigger is on a distinguished road
Well ladies I just had my BA last Friday, Feb. 5th and I also had my inverted nipples repaired. I made the choice to do it instead of waiting to see if they would pop out on their own. Because if they didn't really every pop out on their own so I was sure it wasn't going to happen with an implant. It does cost more for that procedure $2000 if I did it at the same time and like $3000 if I did it at a later time. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to send me a FR if you would like. I do have a couple of pictures up but they are kept private only to my friends.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:36 PM

xCatx is on a distinguished road
Hey yes they definately can! I never actually discussed it with my surgeon but my left nipple was always inverted - unless I made it not myself..even when I was cold it was normal inverted.
Anyhows since my op its not been inverted at all so I'm wondering if maybe the extra weight of the implant pushed it out? Or maybe my surgeon threw me a wee bonus haha
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
From Boobs to Knees...A New Body Please!

twingirlz is on a distinguished road
I had mine done and I am so glad I did. It only added $600 to my total cost. My PS and I both felt they would not come out on their own with the BA. Mine were severely inverted. My left one came out better than my right one, If I go for a redo for bigger, I may see about having that one fixed a little. It pops out, but it has a little crease in the nipple, where the left one is perfect! If yours did not come out on their own during your first BA, I would definitely consider getting them fixed on your redo.

I don't know what ducts they cut, but since I've had my kids and I'm 45, so not planning any more, I didn't really ask what exactly they cut.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 AM

wanttogobigger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by campincajun View Post
Has anyone had their inverted nipples corrected during breat augmentation? I read about it and one way is to just cut the milk duct to the nipple (if you are not planning to ever breastfeed). By cutting it, it releases the nipple and allows it to protrude. I am thinking of asking my PS about it and was wondering if anyone else had it done?
I got your FR and your message. But for some reason I can't seem to reply to your message or send you a private message. The cause for inverted nipples is the restriction of the ducts in the breast. So what they do is go in and cut those ducts. Then they pull the nipple upward and put stitches in. If you look it up on google you can see some pictures so you understand what I am talking about.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:00 AM
From Boobs to Knees...A New Body Please!

twingirlz is on a distinguished road
I accepted your FR, but you must not have your messaging feature available on your profile, so I could not send you a message back. Probably if you go into your user options, you can enable messages. I know you said you have some questions about this procedure. Ask away.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:59 AM
♥ All paid for All mine ♥

Black Panther will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by xCatx View Post
Hey yes they definately can! I never actually discussed it with my surgeon but my left nipple was always inverted - unless I made it not myself..even when I was cold it was normal inverted.
Anyhows since my op its not been inverted at all so I'm wondering if maybe the extra weight of the implant pushed it out? Or maybe my surgeon threw me a wee bonus haha
I'm hoping this will happen to me too!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:01 AM

nycmarilyn is on a distinguished road
my left nipple inverted about 6 yrs ago and after my breast implants it fixed itself, which i was so happy about!!