Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes

Elongated nipples getting nipple reduction surgery

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-04-2010, 07:20 AM

bunchies is on a distinguished road
Elongated nipples getting nipple reduction surgery

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
I had my breast implants put in a few weeks ago. I have since noticed my long nipples have gotten even longer! I called my PS office and they have me coming in to talk about nipple reduction ( not arealo reduction ) They will numb the area and trim the length of the nipple. They are driving me crazy rubbing against the inside of my sports bra. I was super flat chested starting out and didnt even know this was a possible issue after getting implants. So I really want to get the length cut down. Does anyone know how much this might cost? Google says between $500-$1500 depending on what you need done. Well, that is frustrating. I just had an expensive surgery. I don't want freaky long nipples though. =(
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I love me boobs, I love my boobs, I love my boobs...

ZooKeeper is on a distinguished road
I had it done with my BA and my PS didn't charge extra. I think it can be done in office, so I would think it should be a few hundred dollars. Have you asked your PS?

SoapSuds likes this.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 AM

Mandy71 is on a distinguished road
Not really sure but my PS recommended it for me

I am just going to wait and see how the results turn out this time, whether my nipples behave. They were stretched out by breastfeeding my 3 girls and never looked too normal afterwards. I am sort of afraid to ask my PS how much it costs because of the combined costs of two BA's make it hard for my DH not to blow his top.

I hope after you D&F, the nipples will look better.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:25 AM

sms3 is on a distinguished road
How long ago did you have your BA - the sensitivity may calm down after a while. Mine were sensitive at first but now they're back to normal, it took about a month I think.
I'm considering the same thing too but for a different reason, the great thing about BA is no more padded bras but with these nipples protruding through everything except the thickest sweaters I'm having trouble hiding them.
The thing is I'm worried about losing sensitivity (the good kind not the annoying kind that you're experiencing)..
It also makes me feel a bit squeamish thinking about having it done, as they do it with local anasthetic so you're awake obviously.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 AM

Crazy Girl, How do yours look now with the new nipples? Are you satisfied, did you lose sensitivity?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyGal View Post
I had it done with my breast augmentation and my PS didn't charge extra. I think it can be done in office, so I would think it should be a few hundred dollars. Have you asked your PS?
Crazy Girl, How do yours look now with the new nipples? Are you satisfied, did you lose sensitivity?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Pollfab is on a distinguished road
Mine was $500 extra. My nipples were gigantic anyway (I had very small areola) and BF two kids left the droopy and sad. I had the length and width reduced. The stiches haven completely dissolved yet so I don't know what my final outcome looks like yet but I am so happy I don't have to look at my old nipples in the shower anymore!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM

Anjne is on a distinguished road
I'm getting mine reduced along with the BA. Cost is $500.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM

harleytx is on a distinguished road
Crazygal I live in Houston and am looking for a doctor. Who did you use?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Jenfork1

jenfork1 is on a distinguished road
I had mine done after my BA. I should have done it all while I was completely under. It's a fairly easy procedure. Mine was done under local anesthesia in the dr office. It was $1,000. Well worth it. They were way too stretched out from breastfeeding my 3 children.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM

MamaKatze is on a distinguished road
I hate hate my nipples. In fact if I decided not to get a ba I would still get a nipple reduction. Mine are obnoxiously big. I have always had to wear bras that are highly padded or have petals in them. Mine will be done with the ba for free.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Anxiously waiting to turn from blue to grey;)

clp123 is on a distinguished road
My doctor only charged $200 when done with my implant surgery.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 AM

WomanofSkill is on a distinguished road
MY nipples are above average in size and have dealt with them constantly being erect post BA. The combination of size and erect makes me a little self conscious, thank you for asking this question, I think I know what I need to do.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 AM

kitten777 is on a distinguished road
did you have it done at the same time? are you happy with the result? how much did you ask him to take the nipple down? not sure how this works...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM

kitten777 is on a distinguished road
Are you glad you did the nipple reduction? mine are so long after nursing and I think they will be even more prominent after breast augmentation.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:06 AM

Anjne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kitten777 View Post
did you have it done at the same time? are you happy with the result? how much did you ask him to take the nipple down? not sure how this works...
I know this question is not directed at me but thought I would give you my two cents....I had my nipple reduction done the same time as my BA although another Dr I had a consultation with was going to do it after my BA under local. I am SUPER happy having it done! If I had to choose only one thing to improve my breasts it would have been that. I liked the size of my nipples just not the droopiness so he just took a little skin from the middle to make them stand back up. It was not painful at all. The stitches were just a pain because they got itchy and oozy and had to stay in for a few weeks. I do have a little white scar around each nipple but it is so small it's nothing anyone would notice.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 PM

SoapSuds is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ZooKeeper View Post
I had it done with my BA and my PS didn't charge extra. I think it can be done in office, so I would think it should be a few hundred dollars. Have you asked your PS?
I'm getting mine done with my BA, too, & there wasn't an extra charge.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Rdhpink is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SoapSuds View Post
I'm getting mine done with my BA, too, & there wasn't an extra charge.
I'm considering a nipple reduction with my donut lift. Our stats are about the same! Are you happy with your results?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 AM

kittypurr13 is on a distinguished road
I'm going to get a nipple reduction too. I breastfed my son for 22 months and my daughter for 30 months. My poor nipples just hang there. Hopefully the ps will include it with my ba. I'll ask on Friday.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 AM

unconditional is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rdhpink View Post
I'm considering a nipple reduction with my donut lift. Our stats are about the same! Are you happy with your results?
I'm a week and half post op. I had my BA along with nipple reduction. I questioned the way they looked at my three day post op. One seemed longer than the other. They said not to worry. My right nipple is almost healed but my left (the longer one) is not healing at the same speed. Now my skin is getting irritated with the adhesive from the paper tape so I switched to a regular bandaid and switched placement direction and my skin is still irritated! When I asked how long recovery would be for the nipple reduction at my pre op my PS said the same amount of time as my BA. I assumed 5-7 days, NOT! It's taking much longer than I expected. No pain, no gain :-) other than that I'm just glad they are much smaller!
Reply Subscribe