Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CocoAZ

STRAIGHT NIPPLES... & other nipple questions...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 PM

CocoAZ is on a distinguished road
STRAIGHT NIPPLES... & other nipple questions...

Hi,
I currently have what in my opinion are pretty straight, frontward facing, nipples. Has anyone had this prior to their ba and then come out with nipples that go outward (like toward your arm) < > ? I have seen lots of before and after photos where I really liked the before's nipple placement only to see after the ba was done they changed their direction. If this is a concern of mine is it something my ps can adjust during my ba to make sure they stay straight??

Has anyone had outward facing nipples (prior to ba) that were centered/ straightened by getting a ba?

Has anyone noticed a change in the shape/size of their nipples after a ba? I have pretty small nipples now, but wonder if they will stretch or change shape with the implant... Again, I am going trans-ax (not aerola) and I am only going 250- 275cc.

Last, I have seen a few before and afters where the before's looked pretty symmetrical to the naked eye....and the afters were not!! They come out the same size, BUT one is wayyy higher than the other after the ba....any experience with this?

Sorry I have so many questions....but I NEED to know!

breastdreams likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to CocoAZ For This Useful Post:
eve
Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 AM
eve
Avi is the look I hope to achieve, or similar :)

eve will become famous soon enough
VERY good questions--- now, someone who knows, PLEASE answer! LOL- I totally forgot that these were concerns for me too at one point before I found this group!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Linda

Busydaze is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CocoAZ View Post
Hi,
I currently have what in my opinion are pretty straight, frontward facing, nipples. Has anyone had this prior to their ba and then come out with nipples that go outward (like toward your arm) < > ? I have seen lots of before and after photos where I really liked the before's nipple placement only to see after the ba was done they changed their direction. If this is a concern of mine is it something my ps can adjust during my ba to make sure they stay straight??

Has anyone had outward facing nipples (prior to ba) that were centered/ straightened by getting a ba?

Has anyone noticed a change in the shape/size of their nipples after a ba? I have pretty small nipples now, but wonder if they will stretch or change shape with the implant... Again, I am going trans-ax (not aerola) and I am only going 250- 275cc.

Last, I have seen a few before and afters where the before's looked pretty symmetrical to the naked eye....and the afters were not!! They come out the same size, BUT one is wayyy higher than the other after the ba....any experience with this?

Hi, my nipples were straight forward before my BA. I think keeping them straight has to do with the placement of the implant. It should be centered behind the nipple. (I believe that's what I have learned here) So, if it is placed correctly I think they will still be straight. That being said. I am only 2 weeks post op. My implants are both placed correctly and face forward although the tip of the nipple itself seems to be pulled toward the incision...I noticed it immediately after surgery - I thought it was taped down. To my eye I can still see it, my husband says it is fine. BUT that being said... the incision is still raised and slightly swollen. I am hoping when my scar smooths out that this will correct itself.

As far as the boobs looking different sizes and heights... it takes months for them to fully drop and they do drop at different rates. If you are looking at pictures less than a year out, chances are this is the reason.

I can't really answer your areola question, I am sure someone out there will!

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Busydaze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 AM

Charliece is on a distinguished road
Hi, I agree totally. My nipples are straight forward and my PS said they should ideally face slightly outwards and upwards, but I'm really happy with how they are now. Is there such thing as an ideal nipple placement or is it just personal taste? If there is a choice I'd love to ask my PS to keep them facing straight ahead! Hopefully everyone has some great answers for you!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
My nipples look exactly the same before and after my BA. I actually dont like them, I kinda wanted a nipple reduction w my BA, but decided one procedure was enough.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:40 AM

june5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by YummeeCookee View Post
My nipples look exactly the same before and after my BA. I actually dont like them, I kinda wanted a nipple reduction w my BA, but decided one procedure was enough.
I agree mine are the same and I wanted a reduction but did not know about it until afterwards.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:03 AM

jessbryant68 is on a distinguished road
Mine started out straight and ended up straight, and I'm very happy about that. As for the size of them, they seem to be the same size. At first they were pretty stretched out, but now that my swelling has gone down, they are back to normal.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 AM

Galore is on a distinguished road
My nipples look exactly the same, however they are behaving different. The left one is permanently hard and the right one is still somewhat numb. Right now my areolas are not exactly even because the right breast dropped super fast and the left one is a little slow and still dropping. They actually look pretty even at a casual glance, but when I examine them I can tell they're slightly off. I think this will be corrected when lefty drops.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 AM

JustAstra is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CocoAZ View Post
Hi,

My PS said that what ever problems I have now will be more pronounced after BA.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustAstra For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 AM

jodyt will become famous soon enough jodyt will become famous soon enough
mine point out and up but they were like that pre ba so not changed both boobs are perfectly level and nipples are the same size as befor
Old 04-20-2007, 09:37 AM

snork is on a distinguished road
Almost every picture I see, nipples seen to be waaay expanded. Do they bounce back then, after some time, or (for everyone here whose are the same size - did they never stretch?)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:39 AM

SnowBunny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Almost every picture I see, nipples seen to be waaay expanded. Do they bounce back then, after some time, or (for everyone here whose are the same size - did they never stretch?)

Mine are still the same as they were pre BA. I have not noticed any difference in size, they certainly aren't any bigger or stretched than they were before
The Following User Says Thank You to SnowBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
Well, mine were looking at the ground before my BA/BL. They point straight forward now. I LOVE it!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
Mine point outwards a bit, but they did before, too. I wish they were straighter, but can't have everything, I guess. They're the same size as before which I am happy with. Now if they'd only settle into low beam!

Annie
The Following User Says Thank You to Slinky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2007, 05:40 PM

cheatingheart has a spectacular aura cheatingheart has a spectacular aura
My areolas are bigger, but it's what they looked like when my breasts were full before having kids. Maybe if your boobs haven't deflated they don't change because they're already full.

As far as the other question goes, I'm a good one to ask. My nipples/areolas were very centered pre-BA, BUT I had asymmetry where the right breast was smaller than the left. Like Astra said, any imperfections you have pre-BA will be magnified post-BA, so my PS attempted to to even them out by putting a bigger implant into the smaller breast. Well ... I spent the first few weeks FREAKED OUT - because they were so asymmetrical I was almost wondering if he'd put the larger implant into the larger breast! Then I started wearing the strap and the right one started dropping a little - and my nipples started looking like they were completely crooked. Like, the left an inch higher than the right. Totally lopsided, and when I'd put the strap on my right nipple was pushed so it was pointing downward. I was worried, to say the least. But now that the right one keeps dropping the asymmetry is improved and the nipples are evening out. It looks like they're going to end up even after all. It's bizarre to watch the changes they go through.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheatingheart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2007, 08:52 PM

catherine is on a distinguished road
I have always had very large nipples but now with increased breasts they appear more prominent & protrude through all my clothes. I don't think this has anything to do with the sx rather, the size of the breast. It is so embarassing so I wear 4X4's over the breast. I would love to try band-aids but, I still have stitches around the areola so that may not be a bright idea.

I can't wait to get out of this sports bra & wear normal bras which would cover the nipples better.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Sunny Mc is on a distinguished road
No, mine are the same if not better that before my BA. But,,,,One nipple was higher that the other and that now is 10 times more obvious since my BA!