Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mynewtatas
  • 1 Post By Katie84
  • 1 Post By HolyBoobies

Doctor basically said I need a tummy tuck....

Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM

HolyBoobies is on a distinguished road
Red face Doctor basically said I need a tummy tuck....

So, I went in for my second BA consultation and I don't remember how it came up but my tummy came into the conversation. All I remember is him asking what my plan was to get rid of it. I told him exercise. I have had three beautiful children; I am 26 and about 126lbs. My baby girls are 1, 2 and 3 years old so we did them back to back (that's another story ). Anyways, considering that my youngest is only one, I have had three children, and I kind of sort of have a flat tummy with a little extra fat or whatever you want to call it. So yes! I do need to loose a few pound around the mid-line. The PS told me that exercise was not going to do it. I was kind of taken back by his comment. He is an awesome PS and I don't really think he was trying to get the business on the tummy tuck but I don't really know why he said it then. Is it because it's true that the only way I will get rid of it is surgery?? I have never had plastic surgery and didn't have any plans to other than a BA but this PS has me thinking. If the only way I can get rid of my little belly is surgery then I might reconsider.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 PM

mynewtatas is on a distinguished road
A TT was the only way I was going to get rid of my tummy. I run, do tae bo, and am fairly active and it wasn't going any where. I lived with it for a long time and then decided I didn't want to any more.

lovmybod and k.rydell like this.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM

Really? That's a bummer and hard for me to except. I am going to try really hard to get rid of it with diet and exercise and if I have to then TT it is! How are your results after the TT?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 PM

JustanotherJenn will become famous soon enough
Do you have a lot of skin or fat around your midsection? My ps said I wasn't a candidate for tt bc my midsection didn't have enough loose skin and he didn't think I wanted a long scar for such minimal improvement. I had lipo instead and so far so good. I had changed diet and exercise but the fat wasn't going anywhere until he sucked it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustanotherJenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM

mynewtatas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HolyBoobies View Post
Really? That's a bummer and hard for me to except. I am going to try really hard to get rid of it with diet and exercise and if I have to then TT it is! How are your results after the TT?
Do you have excess skin? It is loose? Does it hang? I had a small pouch of skin that wasn't going anywhere. I'm only two weeks out but I think it's going to look great! FR me when you are a member and you can see my pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to mynewtatas For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 PM

When I am standing up it isn't noticeable. Only when I sit down, a little pudge is there. I didn't even second guess tightening it up with crunches. It's mushy not tight.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JustanotherJenn View Post
Do you have a lot of skin or fat around your midsection? My ps said I wasn't a candidate for tt bc my midsection didn't have enough loose skin and he didn't think I wanted a long scar for such minimal improvement. I had lipo instead and so far so good. I had changed diet and exercise but the fat wasn't going anywhere until he sucked it out.
No, not really. What your PS said is what I would expect mine to say. Well now that I think about it maybe he wasn't referring to a TT. He never said "tummy tuck" he just said "you are not going to fix that with exercise." I assumed he meant TT. But still! I have nothing against that kind of procedure really, but I beg the differ if he thinks I can't do it myself. He has me questioning it now though.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Katie84 is on a distinguished road
An experienced PS will be able to tell, just by looking at you, if you can lose the tummy with exercise or if you need a tummy tuck. Sometimes during pregnancy, your rectus abdominis sort of separates and becomes very weak. If this has happened, exercise alone will not do the trick. Maybe this is what he's talking about?

Wannabe Abreast likes this.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Katie84 View Post
An experienced PS will be able to tell, just by looking at you, if you can lose the tummy with exercise or if you need a tummy tuck. Sometimes during pregnancy, your rectus abdominis sort of separates and becomes very weak. If this has happened, exercise alone will not do the trick. Maybe this is what he's talking about?
Thanks for the reply...Maybe I will see if one of the docs on here can give me advice. I was at a ba consultation when the PS said this and he didn't even feel my stomach just made a comment..I guess he could tell that my muscle was separated just by looking??

marie47124 likes this.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
~ Still Daydreaming ~

Day Dreamer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HolyBoobies View Post
So, I went in for my second BA consultation and I don't remember how it came up but my tummy came into the conversation. All I remember is him asking what my plan was to get rid of it. I told him exercise. I have had three beautiful children; I am 26 and about 126lbs. My baby girls are 1, 2 and 3 years old so we did them back to back (that's another story ). Anyways, considering that my youngest is only one, I have had three children, and I kind of sort of have a flat tummy with a little extra fat or whatever you want to call it. So yes! I do need to loose a few pound around the mid-line. The PS told me that exercise was not going to do it. I was kind of taken back by his comment. He is an awesome PS and I don't really think he was trying to get the business on the tummy tuck but I don't really know why he said it then. Is it because it's true that the only way I will get rid of it is surgery?? I have never had plastic surgery and didn't have any plans to other than a BA but this PS has me thinking. If the only way I can get rid of my little belly is surgery then I might reconsider.
Hi! If you have loose skin then I know exactly what your ps was talking about. I have 3 children as well and had all 3 by c sections so from the pull of c sections plus the stretching of skin from pregnancy I have a small and I do mean SMALL flap of loose skin.... my obgyn after my 3 rd child offered to have me reffered to a ps to have it tightened and said no matter what I done it wasn't going away... 9 years latter with pilates and diet his word stands true! Its still here :/ when I went for my ba consult my ps out of the blue said..." I can take this (and grabbed the little piece of loose skin) and cut here to here and it wouldn't take no time with that little bit!" He told me the same thing that my obgyn told me that nothing would get rid of it and I never mentioned what my obgyn said. So I fully believe that if you have loose skin that's the ONLY way to go and I'm considering sometime ( after I get ba paid off lol ) having it done. I'm not a big person at all and wouldn't mind emailing you a picture if you will send me a fr after your a member. Hope this helps you!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM

RGRwife09 is on a distinguished road
I told my PS when I went in for my consult that I knew I had other parts on my body that needed work, but I had a baby and was not up for talking about it right now!! Lol I finally got to where I wasn't self concious about my body (well once I got the boobies) so I didn't want him to make me feel bad..
Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Sgfit will become famous soon enough
I say let it be! Hes a salesman you know...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Jaddles is on a distinguished road
Prove him wrong HolyBoobies!!! You were going to diet and exercise anyway - sick with that plan and see how it goes
Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 AM
rockin' a new me!

BBLove86 is on a distinguished road
I haven't had babies yet - just lost weight, and my PS told me I needed lipo around my midsection and that diet/exercise wouldn't do it. I call BS on that, haha! I've been buckling down with my diet and it is super frustrating but I'm stubborn and refuse to believe the only way to lose it is through lipo, it's to the point where I just want to prove him wrong, haha!

If I had babies I'd be thinking differently I'm sure, but I was never overweight long enough for my skin to not be able to bounce back - I just have a built-in muffin top (i hold my weight in my middle, it's the last place i lose it sadly).

He's a great PS, and I posted about this a little bit ago that I was insulted, but I do see how they deal with creating perfection and it was his way of just finishing off the perfect boobies. At the end of the day they ARE salesmen but I'd hope they would know better. Luckily I have high self-esteem, just want a nice rack back after losing it from losing weight, but I can't imagine how that'd make someone feel that wasn't as secure just knowing how upset I got! On the other hand, my BF has lost as lot of weight that he carried through most of his life and is aware he'll need a TT when it's all said and done and he reaches a point where it's doable - because he has a lot of excess skin that clearly isn't gonna 'bounce' back. Each person is different

My advice? Try out diet and exercise - REALLY try, give it time (at least a year) and then reevaluate. Skin is very elastic, and can bounce back from a lot of abuse, but as some ladies have mentioned above - years and years have gone by and they still have the problem. If you didn't notice it until he said something, chances are your ability to lose it through diet and exercise alone are pretty great. Good luck!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM
rockin' a new me!

BBLove86 is on a distinguished road
aaaaaaaaand i just realized the original post was in 2011.... whoops!!! Well, if she's still active on here hopefully she sees it! If not - hopefully it'll help someone else with a similar issue