Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Eww..Eww..Eww...

Old 03-30-2011, 12:30 PM

Crystal469 is on a distinguished road
Eww..Eww..Eww...

I went back to my PS for my 1 month follow up and he said everything looked great and he wanted me to start massaging my scar bc I have some "fat nacrosis"...I layed down last night and was massaging my scar with Mederma and I was pushing the knot firmly next thing ur know I heard a LOUD POP...it was so loud the dog lifted his head up...it reminded me of when u pop bubble wrap...there was no pain...no fluid feeling like blood rushing...just a nasty sound!

Kinda freaking out now cause I am scared I messed something up...I called my PS office this morning and she said if itr didn't hurt and I don't look different not to worry but with a sound like that I can't help but worry...sigh

I got so grossed out I had to stop massaging....EWW!

Anyone have something close to my experience?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Are you referring to your ba or tt? Are you sure he said, "fat necrosis"? I've heard of skin necrosis, especially with TT's and breast lifts, but not fat necrosis, so I'm curious what that's about. If you're referring to your ba, then it sounds like you popped the scar capsule, as in a closed capsulotomy.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Are you referring to your breast augmentation or tt? Are you sure he said, "fat necrosis"? I've heard of skin necrosis, especially with TT's and breast lifts, but not fat necrosis, so I'm curious what that's about. If you're referring to your breast augmentation, then it sounds like you popped the scar capsule, as in a closed capsulotomy.
Sorry I am talking about my TT....Yep he def said Fat Necrosis....I about fainted...thought I was dieing ...he wasnt worried bc my scar was fully closed so he said that if i massage it eventually it will desolve and be reabsorbed my my body...I am wondering if the pop wasnt an internal suture...since I am almost 5 weeks out it could be that the tension strength of the suture was wearing/breaking down and I just pushed enough to break it??? IDK.... anyways I found a decription for you =)... " In rare cases, some of the underlying fat can necrose (die) because of infection or excessive tension"
The Following User Says Thank You to Crystal469 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Learn something new every day = )
I'm glad you had no pain from it, and wish you smooth sailing from here!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Oh wow, thanks for letting me know. Learn something new every day = )
I'm glad you had no pain from it, and wish you smooth sailing from here!
Thank you...now if I could only figure out what that POP was....

I guess Fat Necrosis is not that big of a problem IF the wound closes up...I have been doing research and it looks like most people cant get their wonds to close up...mine closed up fine its just a hard knot...I will let everyone know how it works out