Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

LASIK versus PRK Laser Eye Surgery - NY Area

Old 01-15-2012, 06:11 PM

penny is on a distinguished road
LASIK versus PRK Laser Eye Surgery - NY Area

I went on 2 consultations for LASIK last year, one doctor recommended LASIK, the one that makes a cut and a flap and you see results immediately, and the other recommended PRK, which doesn't make any cuts - it just resurfaces the eye, and you have to wear a sort of bandage contact lens over it while it heals.

The doctor that recommended the PRK kind of freaked me out, if I got LASIK, I would always have that spot where they cut the flap, so were I to get kicked in the eye for some reason, I guess it could mess it up.

I've been told I'm a good candidate, vision has been stable for 5 years, I'm 25 and have really big corneas. I've been wearing contacts for over 12 years and am so sick of them!

Which surgery did you choose? And if you're in the New York area and would like to recommend your doctor, feel free Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Its true what they say... Bigger IS Better ;)

**Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura
I got Lasik, i never even did any research on the other option. A lot of people i knew at the time got it done so i felt comfortable getting it. I have had it for about 5-6 years. I have been hit in the eye pretty hard a couple of times and never wrecked my eye... i don't think that its true about the flap always being there... it does heal and i have never heard of that before... you do have to be careful for the first little while, can't rub your eyes, but with in months you are back to normal. and 3 hours after the surgery you will have 100% perfect sight! It doesnt hurt one bit. and the surgery is over within minis!

I highly recommend it! I went to a place called Laski MD here Canada i think they have some in the states too, you could google it and find you.

Also i got the procedure called Zioptic it cuts a larger circle around your pupil which is good for people who have larger pupils and is supposed to help decrease the halos at night. I still get halos but they aren't so bad. And i have 100% warrantee if my eyes get bad in the future then i get them fixed for free as long as the procedure is still being done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to **Babs** For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM

StarToFall is on a distinguished road
I'm going to have Lasik very soon. I wasn't even offered PRK, I think? I got to choose between Lasik and Femtolasik (which has more advanced machinery?). The doctor said that based on the check-up of my eyes I could have either one so I chose Lasik (because it's cheaper).

I used to wear contacts when I was younger but I guess my eyes tend to be a bit too dry for that (the contacts end up hurting my eyes after having them for several hours).

I'm afraid I'll be more nervous in the Lasik surgery than I was in BA! After all, I'll be awake the whole time... it's so much easier when you know you'll go asleep soon