Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree5Likes

Liposuction of the thighs

Reply Subscribe
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Loving My New Boobies More & More As the Days Go By!

newme3000! is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Liposuction of the thighs

I had Lipo on thighs on 13 Feb. Everything was fine the first couple of days. Afterward the pain meds most have worn off, bc it hurts to stand up and sit down and the swelling is awful. I thighs are very swollen. How long does the swelling last? I called my PS this morning, due to the swelling being out of control. She said, my body will absorb the swelling. I'm so depress about it. Has anyone else experience this?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:12 PM

ItalianBella978 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Newme1981! View Post
I had Lipo on thighs on 13 Feb. Everything was fine the first couple of days. Afterward the pain meds most have worn off, bc it hurts to stand up and sit down and the swelling is awful. I thighs are very swollen. How long does the swelling last? I called my PS this morning, due to the swelling being out of control. She said, my body will absorb the swelling. I'm so depress about it. Has anyone else experience this?
I haven't had mine yet, but good question. Are you still wearing the compression garment?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianBella978 View Post
I haven't had mine yet, but good question. Are you still wearing the compression garment?
Yes, she instructed me to wear the pantyhose for three weeks straight. I was instructed to shower with them on as well. I have an appt. in the morning with her. I hope that appt will put my mind at ease. If I knew I was going to swell to this extent, I probably wouldn't have got lipo on my thighs. I had it on my flanks and abdomen too and have very little swelling from that.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 PM

Yes, she instructed me to wear the pantyhose for three weeks straight. I was instructed to shower with them on as well. I have an appt. in the morning with her. I hope that appt will put my mind at ease. If I knew I was going to swell to this extent, I probably wouldn't have got lipo on my thighs. I had it on my flanks and abdomen too and have very little swelling from that.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that additional pressure is put on because you actually stand and walk?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianBella978 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that additional pressure is put on because you actually stand and walk?
That may be it. I will post an update on what I find out in the morning. Thanks

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:39 PM

That may be it. I will post an update on what I find out in the morning. Thanks
Thanks. Please do keep me posted. That won't stop me from getting it done but I do want to be prepared.

newme3000! and MNgirl520 like this.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:47 PM

nomoresags is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing (based on your location and you said "she" for your ps) that we have the same ps. If so, you're in good hands, at least IMO. Stick with the pantyhose. The swelling will go down. After you hit about the 3 week mark (I think) you can switch to something more along the lines of spanx. I stayed in the pantyhose longer, as it just made me feel better, more secure I guess. I still wear a spanx-type thigh shaper when I work out. Sometimes it would feel like I was ripping my body to pieces when moving, but it does get better, and fairly quickly. Take short walks frequently, it'll help, even though at first it may not feel quite like it. I think I only showered 1x with the panty hose on. It was just too uncomfortable. I went through several pairs, cut the tips of the toes out for comfort, and lived in those suckers unless I was in the shower. Once you're cleared to ditch them, you'll miss them. At least, I did. I felt like if I didn't wear something I'd reverse all my results. I still have occasional numbness on my back if I don't wear the shaper with workouts, but not bad. Good luck with your followup and keep us posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to nomoresags For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by nomoresags View Post
I'm guessing (based on your location and you said "she" for your ps) that we have the same ps. If so, you're in good hands, at least IMO. Stick with the pantyhose. The swelling will go down. After you hit about the 3 week mark (I think) you can switch to something more along the lines of spanx. I stayed in the pantyhose longer, as it just made me feel better, more secure I guess. I still wear a spanx-type thigh shaper when I work out. Sometimes it would feel like I was ripping my body to pieces when moving, but it does get better, and fairly quickly. Take short walks frequently, it'll help, even though at first it may not feel quite like it. I think I only showered 1x with the panty hose on. It was just too uncomfortable. I went through several pairs, cut the tips of the toes out for comfort, and lived in those suckers unless I was in the shower. Once you're cleared to ditch them, you'll miss them. At least, I did. I felt like if I didn't wear something I'd reverse all my results. I still have occasional numbness on my back if I don't wear the shaper with workouts, but not bad. Good luck with your followup and keep us posted.
Thanks! Did you have your procedures in Omaha? My PS is a woman. We may have the same surgeon....I'm happy to hear things will get better. I hate being swollen like this. How long were you swollen from the thigh lipo? Did you get circumferential lipo on your thighs? I will try to walk more. I feel like the walking isn't helping, but I will continue to walk. I hate the pantyhose and I feel so helpless right now. I guess I'm having the post-op blues. Your post give me some hope though :0). Did you drop pant sizes with the thigh lipo?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM

My doctor only provides the garment. Where did you get your spanx from?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM

nomoresags is on a distinguished road
I'm down from a comfy size 14/snug 12 to a comfy size 10, possibly an 8, but I haven't tried 8 so far (don't want to get my hopes up yet and I'm not sure my booty will fit an 8, lol). I don't know how much of that is from the lipo and how much is from being more consistent with workouts, but I'll take what I can get.

I tried several different types of the shapers. The ones I've found most comfortable I got at Target, I want to say by Hanes. They are high waisted and go to about the knee.

I'll have to look back, but I think I saw the most difference between 3-6 weeks, I'm still seeing small changes at 4 months out.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM

I'm down from a comfy size 14/snug 12 to a comfy size 10, possibly an 8, but I haven't tried 8 so far (don't want to get my hopes up yet and I'm not sure my booty will fit an 8, lol). I don't know how much of that is from the lipo and how much is from being more consistent with workouts, but I'll take what I can get.

I tried several different types of the shapers. The ones I've found most comfortable I got at Target, I want to say by Hanes. They are high waisted and go to about the knee.

I'll have to look back, but I think I saw the most difference between 3-6 weeks, I'm still seeing small changes at 4 months out.
phew! I like those prices better lol
Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 AM

I look at your album. You look awesome and petite. I can imagine your thrilled with your results. I was in a comfy size 8 in jeans pre-op, but I hate having the saddle bags and my thighs touched in the middle. Those things always made me feel bad about myself. I could fit some size 6; I hope to be a comfy size 4 when all the swelling gone. With the swelling I have right now, I hope I see the light at the end of the tunnel soon :O). I'm one week post-op right now, so I hope things start improving soon.

ItalianBella978 and MNgirl520 like this.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 AM

I had my one week post-op appt today. Everything is healing well. As far as my breast goes, the PSA (plastic surgeon assistant) removed and replaced my steri strips on my nipples. She said, they will remove the stitches at my week 3 appt. She said, the girls are looking good though. PSA told me, I will be seen for six weeks and then at my year mark for my BA. I have another appt., next Friday (2Mar). I will be seen by my PS at that appt. I'm happy about that. As far as my other procedures, she want me to continue wearing the abdomen garment and the panty hose for two more weeks. She said, the majority of my swelling could last any where from 3-6 weeks. I'm hoping for 3 weeks or sooner :O)! I will a lot better today. Yesterday, I was so swollen I felt miserable. The BA recovery has been easy, but the swelling from the others procedures sucks! I hope everything is healing nicely. I will post new pictures soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 PM

Alienbandit is on a distinguished road
Are you elevating your legs at night?

After my thigh lipo I had to wear my tights 24/7 and had my legs up at night.

The swelling was bad but I found the more I moved the better. I had my lipo on a Friday and went clubbing the Saturday night. It hurt but the more I moved the better it got.

At my one week post op appointment my doc gave me some meds for swelling and that helped a lot.

By 3 weeks everything was pretty good but I wore my tights still at night til 2 months post op.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alienbandit View Post

The swelling was bad but I found the more I moved the better. I had my lipo on a Friday and went clubbing the Saturday night. It hurt but the more I moved the better it got.

At my one week post op appointment my doc gave me some meds for swelling and that helped a lot.

By 3 weeks everything was pretty good but I wore my tights still at night til 2 months post op.

what did he give you for swelling?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 AM

Yes, I sleep in the recliner at night. I'm shock you were able to go clubbing the next day. My swelling is so bad, my pre-op pants are tight. I have to wear sweats. What did your PS give you for swelling? I'm hoping the swelling is gone, before I return to work in a couple weeks. I only told my supervisor about the BA, I failed to mention the other procedures. I'm going to take your advice and walk more. Yesterday, I walk around a lot. By the time bedtime arrived, I was so sore. I ended up taking pain medication. I meet with my PS next Friday. I'm going to ask for something for swelling, if things have not improved. Thanks :O)

Last edited by newme3000!; 02-22-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 AM

I am what my doctor calls a spring chicken because I seem to recover so fast. I never take time off work for anything boobs, tummy tuck, lipo lapband etc.

I never ask the name of meds mostly because I get the korean pronunciation as my answer but I see my doctor on Sunday so I will try to remember to ask him for the written English name
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 AM

I am what my doctor calls a spring chicken because I seem to recover so fast. I never take time off work for anything boobs, tummy tuck, lipo lapband etc.

I never ask the name of meds mostly because I get the korean pronunciation as my answer but I see my doctor on Sunday so I will try to remember to ask him for the written English name
I read your blog. I see you had it around 8-10 August. I typed thighs into your search box on your blog. You mentioned the swelling and pain was horrible. You probably just don't remember since it's been a while since you had it. I will ask my PS if there anything she can prescribed me for the swelling. You look great.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:39 AM

Thanks for the compliment.

I have had lipo on my thighs 3 times. The last time was in the summer. The first time is when I went clubbing the next night.

I wont lie the first day post op from lipo is always the worst and I remember getting up and down being painful because putting and relieving pressure hurt like no other.

I recover fast and have a high tolerance for pain but yes, it still does hurt post op.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 AM

Thanks for the compliment.

I have had lipo on my thighs 3 times. The last time was in the summer. The first time is when I went clubbing the next night.

I wont lie the first day post op from lipo is always the worst and I remember getting up and down being painful because putting and relieving pressure hurt like no other.

I recover fast and have a high tolerance for pain but yes, it still does hurt post op.
Thanks I got up to go potty last night and to my surprise, I was able to easily pull down my tights. At dinner time, I had some pineapples. I'm thinking they help me with the swelling. I read some where, "Bromalin" has pineapples in it. I still have some swelling, but it is getting better. I couldn't imagine going through thigh lipo three times, lol. Your a strong woman. Were you not happy with the results the first time or did you do the front, rear and middle separately?
Reply Subscribe