Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree5Likes

Liposuction of the thighs

Reply Subscribe
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM

HokieGirl06 is on a distinguished road
Im interested in getting abdominal, flanks & thighs lipo. Maybe at separate times. Someone or even multiple ppl if necessary, tell me;

- How long does the pain normally last (1) just for abs & flanks? (2) just for thighs (3) if someone has had it all done, for all 3?

- How long do you need to wear the compression garments?

- What is the total recovery time (before you see all the results)?

My husband and I have a 3 wk vacation planned in Oct that could require lots of walking If I got lipo done at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept, would I be healed enough?

Ashley
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM

ItalianBella978 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HokieGirl06 View Post
Im interested in getting abdominal, flanks & thighs lipo. Maybe at separate times. Someone or even multiple ppl if necessary, tell me;

- How long does the pain normally last (1) just for abs & flanks? (2) just for thighs (3) if someone has had it all done, for all 3?

- How long do you need to wear the compression garments?

- What is the total recovery time (before you see all the results)?

My husband and I have a 3 wk vacation planned in Oct that could require lots of walking If I got lipo done at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept, would I be healed enough?

Ashley
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

- I am a tad over 3 months and still have some soreness on my flanks and outer thighs, and some numbness on my inner thighs <completely normal.> So because everyone is different it's hard to say...Just don't be alarmed if 3 months post op you are still sore.

- It's one compression garment that begins right under your breasts and goes down to below your knee. I wore it for two months <my choice - the longer you wear it the more you maximize your results>

- I saw results instantly and was told I would continue to see changes up to 6 months.

- I was walking funny and REALLY slow for 2 weeks. not too long after that I was able to stand up straight, but walking still hurt. How long are you planning this vacation after your surgery? If you are going on this vacation within one month post op I'd say don't do it. You're still healing, you are still very sore, and still doing a LOT of resting...
The Following User Says Thank You to ItalianBella978 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianBella978 View Post
- I am a tad over 3 months and still have some soreness on my flanks and outer thighs, and some numbness on my inner thighs <completely normal.> So because everyone is different it's hard to say...Just don't be alarmed if 3 months post op you are still sore.

- It's one compression garment that begins right under your breasts and goes down to below your knee. I wore it for two months <my choice - the longer you wear it the more you maximize your results>

- I saw results instantly and was told I would continue to see changes up to 6 months.

- I was walking funny and REALLY slow for 2 weeks. not too long after that I was able to stand up straight, but walking still hurt. How long are you planning this vacation after your surgery? If you are going on this vacation within one month post op I'd say don't do it. You're still healing, you are still very sore, and still doing a LOT of resting...
Bella,

Thank you so much for giving me all the great info. Our vacation is tentatively scheduled for Oct 5-22 for multiple countries throughout Europe. No idea when surgery would be, but it would be great if it could be soon! I go for my consult Monday to see what the doctor recommends and get some prices. So say I could get it done by the end of August, do you think I would be in good enough shape to be flying/traveling/walking all over Europe by the beginning of Oct?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all your Lipo and BA cost and who was your doctor? Also, we don't have children yet (do you?). I'm trying to figure out, do I want Immediate Gratification or Delayed (Mommy Make-over). I'd hate to need to go through all the pain, not to mention money, and need to redo it in a few years. Did your doctor said anything about that?

TTYS!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Just a few more questions

Originally Posted by ItalianBella978 View Post

Bella,

Thank you so much for giving me all the great info. Our vacation is tentatively scheduled for Oct 5-22 for multiple countries throughout Europe. No idea when surgery would be, but it would be great if it could be soon! I go for my consult Monday to see what the doctor recommends and get some prices. So if I could get it scheduled by the end of August, do you think I would be in good enough shape to be flying/traveling/walking all over Europe by the beginning of Oct? I'm want lipo on my abs, flanks, thighs (inner and outer), plus a BA, but depending on my budget, I may have to narrow it down. Still trying to make a decision about that, too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your BA and all your Lipo cost and who was your doctor?

Also, we don't have children yet (do you?). I'm trying to figure out, do I want Immediate Gratification or Delayed (Mommy Make-over). I'd hate to go through all the pain, not to mention money, and need to redo it in a few years. Did your doctor said anything about pre-pregnancy lipo and the affects later??
Old 08-13-2012, 01:39 PM

ItalianBella978 is on a distinguished road
Bella,

Thank you so much for giving me all the great info. Our vacation is tentatively scheduled for Oct 5-22 for multiple countries throughout Europe. No idea when surgery would be, but it would be great if it could be soon! I go for my consult Monday to see what the doctor recommends and get some prices. So say I could get it done by the end of August, do you think I would be in good enough shape to be flying/traveling/walking all over Europe by the beginning of Oct?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all your Lipo and BA cost and who was your doctor? Also, we don't have children yet (do you?). I'm trying to figure out, do I want Immediate Gratification or Delayed (Mommy Make-over). I'd hate to need to go through all the pain, not to mention money, and need to redo it in a few years. Did your doctor said anything about that?

TTYS!
Oh yeah you will be back to normal by October...I was in full swing by the beginning of June...I was still sore but back to all my activities. I flew home 4days after my surgery. I paid $5700 for my BA, $2700 for the lipo on my stomach area, & $2000 for the lipo on my leg area. I don't want kids ever so no. I'm also an instant gratification person. Once you get lipo in an area the fat never goes back to that area. Breasts with have to get redone kids or no kids at some point.

Bella,

Thank you so much for giving me all the great info. Our vacation is tentatively scheduled for Oct 5-22 for multiple countries throughout Europe. No idea when surgery would be, but it would be great if it could be soon! I go for my consult Monday to see what the doctor recommends and get some prices. So if I could get it scheduled by the end of August, do you think I would be in good enough shape to be flying/traveling/walking all over Europe by the beginning of Oct? I'm want lipo on my abs, flanks, thighs (inner and outer), plus a BA, but depending on my budget, I may have to narrow it down. Still trying to make a decision about that, too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your BA and all your Lipo cost and who was your doctor?

Also, we don't have children yet (do you?). I'm trying to figure out, do I want Immediate Gratification or Delayed (Mommy Make-over). I'd hate to go through all the pain, not to mention money, and need to redo it in a few years. Did your doctor said anything about pre-pregnancy lipo and the affects later??
I'd get it all done at once if you can. Dr. Revis in Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 PM

sjmartins is on a distinguished road
Yes the swelling will go eventually try a lymphatic drainage massage. I had lipo when I was 23 and again last week, first time was my legs and thighs and it took a good three months to see all the swelling go down but the massages helped a bunch and also doing a detox diet for a few days. feel free to asks my anything
Old 08-09-2013, 02:20 PM

MNgirl520 is on a distinguished road
I planned on getting Lipo of the inner/outer thigh and hips the same time I get a BL/BA....that may be a bad idea.
I
Reply Subscribe