Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buni

sweating and botox

Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Laughter is the best gift to life...

Brit is on a distinguished road
sweating and botox

I started laying out to start a tan and I am worrying because I know working out and sweating will make your botox not last as long. When I lay out I sweat so much, what can I do to not sweat out $500 ?? Lol, any suggestions, I hate spending that kind of money and it go to waste.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 AM

ExcitedforbOObs is on a distinguished road
I didn't know sweating affected results....hmmm....good to know. Hoping to get my first botox right after BA.
The Following User Says Thank You to ExcitedforbOObs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 AM

BMWGirl69 is on a distinguished road
if you don't mind me asking how old were you when you first got your botox done for the first time? I havnt got any yet but most likely will when I'm 25-30 good to know that your not suppose to sweat after!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGirl69 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 07:02 AM

buni is on a distinguished road
Now I could be wrong and am just going off of my own experience here. I have been doing botox consistently for around 2 years. I workout and sweat like a pig, am in the sun all summer at the pool with my kids etc...... My botox has always lasted 2-3 months. Up until this past year it has started lasting around 6 months. From what I have been told is the more consistent you are in getting it routinely, eventually the longer the results. Now I have friends who from day one of getting it have it last 4-6 months and over time it has begun to last 6-7 months.

MrsV likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to buni For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 AM

calicocat is on a distinguished road
I have to agree.. I work out and sweat like a bandit! My Botox usually lasts around 4-5 months. I definitely don't tan.
The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM

I just started around 1 year ago, I have read several times that sweating will make the results not last as long, my results seem to last around around 4 months, I was just worried because yes it is not cheap and I want the longest results possible lol. The results seem to last longer each time so that is good news
Old 05-28-2012, 01:18 PM

sassyj will become famous soon enough
My PS says to avoid sweating and laying down for four hours after your treatment. After that, you're good. I followed these instructions and my first treatment has lasted for six months.
The Following User Says Thank You to sassyj For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM

EyeWantBoobies is on a distinguished road
I get dysport and it lasts about 4 months. I was never told to avoid sweating but then again I use a self tanner and don't lay out. I have heard that overtime the results should last longer between sessions.
The Following User Says Thank You to EyeWantBoobies For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM

Thank you all for the replies, that does make sense to not sweat after injections. So.hopefully I misread and I will be ok to sweat and get a tan. Yay!!! Thanks again all