Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Ear pinning (Otoplasty)??

Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 PM

Mika123 is on a distinguished road
Ear pinning (Otoplasty)??

I'm thinking of getting my ears pinned back at the same time I get my BA. I'm traveling to T-land (won't let me say the place in the thread for some reason...)

Has anyone done this? Was it painful 3 weeks po? Has anyone travelled to T-land (mainly Bang.kok) and had Otoplasty done? And any other helpful info! (it's really hard to find info on his subject )

Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 AM
dex

dex is an unknown quantity at this point
I took my daughter before she was a teenager to have this done. We live in Canada. She wasn't in pain for nearly that long.
I'm sure she would say that she would recommend this procedure to anyone. She never had any complications.
I wanted her to have this done before kids at school began making fun of her. You know how hurtful kids can be!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 PM

Jiggles meow is on a distinguished road
I am 36 and had it done a year ago. I was told by PS that as an adult, it would be fine under local anesthesia. WRONG! It was traumatic and painful. I had my BA 4 weeks ago under general and my recovery was easier. I think there is something to be said for not being awake and know every prick, stitch and conversation had. Hell, they let me pick out the music they played during surgery. I have rheumatoid arthritis and flared badly after my otoplasty. The good news, I am so happy with my ears! I would say since you will be under, you should definitely go for it. I wouldn't wear my hair up outside of the house b/c of my ears. I enjoy wearing my hair in a ponytail and even just tucking my hair behind my ear. I just wouldn't advise doing otoplasty under a local.