Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bambam111

swimming after mole removal

Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM

bambam111 is on a distinguished road
swimming after mole removal

I had 3 large moles removed last week. Would it be ok to go swimming in an indoor pool? I have a little girl who is taking swim lessons and I would hate for her to miss out because of it. What do you ladies think? I totally forgot to ask my doc about it.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Just Do It ;)

little_bit is on a distinguished road
I just had 3 moles removed last week also while I had my BA. My PS didn't specify about the mole's incisions, but did tell me not to submerge my BA incisions. The one by my shoulder blade is fairly large, and I'd be nervous about submerging that one still. The other 2 are much smaller, and I'm sure they'd be fine. If you're worried about them getting infected then I would wait it out.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM

bambam111 is on a distinguished road
Boy this sucks... what was I thinking. I don't want infection since I have my BA coming up. GRRRRR. They had to be removed though derm wanted to remove them for a long time now and they started changing so I finally said do it, should have just got it done with the BA. She loves her swimming lessons ooh well what are you going to do . Thank you for your response.

little_bit likes this.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 PM

Bella bella has room for improvement
I have 3 areas on my neck and chest with nice round holes where the derm removed 1 mole and two probable pre-cancerous lesions. Mole is good but will undoubtedly eave a dime size scar,. Neck is squamous cell skin cancer and waiting for results of third area cuz they did a double consult does NOT sound good!!! These were done a week ago and still open wounds . I wouldn't swim unless you can put a waterproof bandaid on the areas to protect them. I am totally bummed because I have a consultation with the derm to discuss possible Mohs surgery or excision. I will also talk to Dr Pousti to see what he can do to help me out. Cancer near my name tends to freak me out