Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By schortstuff
  • 1 Post By Newness
  • 1 Post By pinkgrl10

Liposuction: how long until I see results?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM

schortstuff is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Liposuction: how long until I see results?

I'm 4 weeks post op and most places I've read says takes 1-3 months to get 80% of the full results. Very impatient. It's my bday next week and I want this swelling to go down! (I also want these "fun bags" to drop and fluff. Anyone else have experience with lipo and how to expedite the results? Any tips would be great!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 AM

Jugband is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming you still wear the compression, as it makes a big difference. I only got a small amount on saddlebags and banana rolls, but I can see a difference in the edge of the garment and also when I wear it. I'm 4 weeks PO and have very small swelling, almost unnoticeable. I could wear a bathing suit right now, although the jiggly skin thing is there. I've heard 1 month to get to 80%, and 6-12 m for the rest. Are you still tender? I am surprised that I still am.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jugband For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM

They told me I only needed to wear the compression device for only two weeks post op, so I've had it off for two weeks. I had arm lipo too and my arms still look the same but they never have me anything to wear for them. Should I put the compression garment back on? How long are you supposed to wear yours get? Have you tried Any of your Pre op jeans on and noticed a change? Mine all fit but aren't super loose or anything like I thought they would be
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM

kitty78 is on a distinguished road
I had my MM with lipo on my hips15 days ago and I was able to notice a differnce within a few days although the bruising is still so ugly. I don't have much swelling in the lipo area anymore. Mine is mostly from my TT now
The Following User Says Thank You to kitty78 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM

My thighs were much smaller from day 1, even despite swelling. My clothes all look and fit differently now. My target spots were very specific and those pockets of fat jutted out from the rest of my leg, so their removal was obvious. How much did you get? I do think you should use the compression; Although a few docs only prescribe for a couple weeks or not at all, most say 6 weeks or more. There is a study out there which says, in the end, the garment doesn't make a difference. But it seems to in the short term.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jugband For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 AM

He said he took 3600cc overall from my arm, axils (armpit) abdomen, groin and thighs
I did wear it the full tel weeks then got a rash and idk if it was from the undergarment fabric or chafing, but it's healing up. Maybe I'm overhydrating myself and I can't wait to get back to the gym. But I don't want to have spent that money for nothing, ya know?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 AM

Spanx makes some relatively comfy ones for the thighs and abdomen. I don't know about the arms though. I got armpit lipo too, and I'm so glad PS recommended it. It really makes the BA look better.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 AM

My arms look a bit smaller but not as small as I thought they were gonna be bit if I'm still swollen and another thing is I'm like a week late with my period and there is no way I'm preggo that's the I'm. Bloated and retaining even more as well. Let it flow already lol

pinkgrl10 likes this.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:16 AM

Newness is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by schortstuff View Post
He said he took 3600cc overall from my arm, axils (armpit) abdomen, groin and thighs
I did wear it the full tel weeks then got a rash and idk if it was from the undergarment fabric or chafing, but it's healing up. Maybe I'm overhydrating myself and I can't wait to get back to the gym. But I don't want to have spent that money for nothing, ya know?
Hi! I had axils lipo too with my BA im one week PO also have a bad rash, I think at first it was from the surgical prep but now its almost like chafing from rubbing against my cloths and the swelling is so bad still. What did u use for the rash?

pinkgrl10 likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM

I actually used Desitin for the chafing rash and then I also used some aloe. My ps said stop the garment at 2 weeks and I was chafing really bad and peeling. Now my thighs look black and blue but he said that's normal. The lumps that were there are slowly breaking up. I just wanna shrink already. They say 2 months and up to 6 months or so for the swelling to go down. Can't wait!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to schortstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 04:40 PM

HeidiDelighty is on a distinguished road
I had water lipo to all of my stomach area, and over 6 months I kept getting thinner. I dropped 10 lbs that year (I went from 130 to 120). However, the lower abdomen skin is loose now and I'm still trying to tighten it in the gym... I wish I didn't do the lipo so soon after having my baby.. Maybe it would have came off anyway.
But don't worry, three months will go by and you will look in the mirror and see a big difference. Eat healthy for most of your meals, do some sort of exercise once you are healed, and you will lose even more! Beware, it's very easy to gain the fat back. I am back at 130 two years later.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Yes, I can't wait to start exercising just a couple more weeks and I have been eating pretty clean. Can I send u a friend request?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Welcomed the twins 11/29!

Patootie is on a distinguished road
Re the compression, it doesn't have any long term effects whether you wear it or not. I did a bunch of research because my garment was driving me nuts, and studies show it's effective right away to help keep swelling down, but ultimately, you won't do any harm if you never wear it at all. My PS only does it for some areas and not others, which seems common.

Hope you see the results you want soon! I was surprised how much the lipo hurt! I think more than the BA, but I also had a large belly button to past pubic bone) scar revised, so my tummy was pretty traumatized! I honestly feel like I'm seeing some results now, six months later - maybe the skin tightening up?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:31 PM

LadyRave is on a distinguished road
They told me I only needed to wear the compression device for only two weeks post op, so I've had it off for two weeks. I had arm lipo too and my arms still look the same but they never have me anything to wear for them. Should I put the compression garment back on? How long are you supposed to wear yours get? Have you tried Any of your Pre op jeans on and noticed a change? Mine all fit but aren't super loose or anything like I thought they would be
I was told to wear my compression garment 12 hours on and 12 hours off for 6 weeks. Also, I had a butt lift too and it's so painful - more than my boobs!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Working as an LVN and in School Pursuing my RN

breastbeauty will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Patootie View Post
Re the compression, it doesn't have any long term effects whether you wear it or not. I did a bunch of research because my garment was driving me nuts, and studies show it's effective right away to help keep swelling down, but ultimately, you won't do any harm if you never wear it at all.
^^ this is what my PS subscribes to, as well. You will wear something at first but more than that I guess no longer aids in faster healing.

Wowza! 3600?! I had just 330cc but only one area. I love my new shape, there's no doubt with your lipo u will have an awesome outcome! I'm still less than 3 months out, but I can no longer feel my skin sliding on my insides, haha. I was told at my last appointment to expect more shrinking. I'm betting you will be super happy you went through the lipo once your healing is finished. I'm sending a FR if you wanna see my progress.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Ms.

Miss Rustie is on a distinguished road
results

Originally Posted by kitty78 View Post
I had my MM with lipo on my hips15 days ago and I was able to notice a differnce within a few days although the bruising is still so ugly. I don't have much swelling in the lipo area anymore. Mine is mostly from my TT now
Congratulations
Old 05-18-2014, 11:35 PM

pinkgrl10 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by Newness View Post
Hi! I had axils lipo too with my BA im one week PO also have a bad rash, I think at first it was from the surgical prep but now its almost like chafing from rubbing against my cloths and the swelling is so bad still. What did u use for the rash?
im thinking of having lipo for my armpits too.. do you have any advise ? how do you like you after look ?

Wantnewones likes this.