Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redhead48

Getting two surgeries, paying double hospital fees?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Looking forward to new boobies!

SambaKat1 is on a distinguished road
Getting two surgeries, paying double hospital fees?

I was quoted from a hospital (which will remain unnamed) an amount for breast augmentation and otoplasty surgery but they are charging the max amount that you would pay if you got each one separately. Meaning that the hospital fees and anesthetic and one night stay in the hospital would be paid twice. One for each surgery even though they will be both done at the same time by the same doctor.

I can't understand paying for the same anesthetic twice, especially since I'm not able to choose the cheaper local anesthetic for the ears (or can I?)

Is this a standard thing? Does every surgeon charge the same amount for two surgeries regardless if they're done seperately or together?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome To The Jungle! ;)

JagerBomb is on a distinguished road
Wow, I actually have never heard of that, but I noticed we're in different countries, so that MIGHT play a factor. Have you gotten a second opinion? That literally just sounds absolutely ridiculous...I would understand the surgeon charging an extra fee since he/she is doing two surgeries, but unless the surgery time has double as well, I don't understand the anesthesia double-charged, i know they normally charge by length of surgery, so I'm not too sure, I just know people have saved money by doing 2 surgeries at once as far as anesthesia and hospital fees go. Idk if I read it right, but did you say you would have to pay double for the hospital stay as well?!
That is the one that seems absolutely ridiculous to me! The surgeon fee and anesthesia I could understand after some details, but that one, there's just no reason for that I can think of?!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
From what I have been told the anaestathists fees go by how much time is taken. I can understand it being higher than just having one procedure done. It could be the same with the operating room fees going by how much time is taken to do the procedures.

I can't understand it being double though because you are already under so it would just be going on how long you are under for and they generally charge you a consult fee as they see you before the surgery and charge for that.

If you feel it's too high go on another consult and get another quote. I know it means getting another referal letter and then paying for another consult but if you are unhappy with the price it's always good to have something to compare too.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:47 AM

redhead48 will become famous soon enough
A lot of people have the misconception that having 2 surgeries done will save them money - me included. I had hernia repair done, which was covered by insurance (done by a general surgeon) and BA done by a plastic surgeon. It was explained to me that it's like have a meter on a cab ride. Once the hernia repair was done, the meter on the BA surgery begins. The only thing is saved me was time away from work and having to be in pain just one time.

Bella bella likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 AM

somethingelse is on a distinguished road
I just did this, getting a TT and BA from the same Dr. The surgical center's fees were way less than having the procedures done seperately. There was an additional charge for the extra hour. This saved me about 2,000$.