Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By breastbeauty
  • 1 Post By breastbeauty
  • 1 Post By TexasHulaGirl
  • 1 Post By kitt831
  • 1 Post By TexasHulaGirl

Embarrassing! So perfect place to ask...

Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 PM

kitt831 is on a distinguished road
Embarrassing! So perfect place to ask...

Sorry for the long post..but help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Okay ladies. Since this forum has become my heaven and I feel I won't be judged, which is such a relief, I NEED HELP!!

Okay, so I've tried to get this fixed before, and no PS that I've gone to has been able to help. I have a LARGE dimple on my chin. It's literally a hole. I HATE IT. I actually hate it more than I did my tiny boobs, which is why I tried fixing this earlier, but after 2 failed attempts and a few other PS turning me down, I decided to fix what I knew could be fixed.

So this dimple..it's a hole on my face. Not cute. Not one of those cute cleft chins. A damn circle in the middle. It does AWFUL things to my face when I smile, and causes this awful shadow thing. I just hate it.

It's honestly very depressing. I try not to smile, I am 100% self conscious of my face at all times. I don't take photos. I avoid photos. It sucks. Compare it to when you all HATED (for those who did) your boobs..but have it on your face..?

So what I've tried...restylane and botox. Also, let me tell you that I and other PS believe it's not a bone indent, that it's a muscle or ligament stuck to my chin bone.

Neither of the two above worked. The PS who tried the restylane even tried to release the muscle from sticking to my bone by inserting a needle dozens of times and THEN injecting the filler. No luck. The botox I thought would help relax the muscle...no luck.

But let me tell you something about the restylane. The PS first injecting lidocaine INSIDE, into my inner lip (kind of like what dentists do..but opposite my chin). The dimple was GONE. Obviously, once the lidocaine wore off, so did the effect.

Sigh...I've tried researching this online with absolutely no luck.

I just feel so defeated since all I want is this thing GONE.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Working as an LVN and in School Pursuing my RN

breastbeauty will become famous soon enough
I would recommend you try fillers again, diff injector, or possibly tissue transplant if some sort. The other option, what about a tiny dermal implant... Like a super-customized implant to fill it out... Like cut from a chin implant to fit your dimple?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:15 PM

Another PS wanted to try restylane again, but maybe injected a different way? I wasn't sure, and it's very expensive to just keep trying these things.

I have never heard of a dermal filler. I will have to look it up. Exactly the type of info I'm looking for!

Another PS thought about fat transfer..but I don't know why that scares me. Anyone had experience with dermal fillers or fat transfer?!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM

Restylane is a dermal filler, which might be worth a try but if you want to try something new... I guess what I'm talking about is fat transfer, cadaver tissue, there's probably a couple other kinds or a chin implant one that is reduced for your specific situation?

Do u know the reason you're having trouble with ps helping on this?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 PM

I have tried restylane. It really didn't do anything, but another PS said he wanted to try it again.

I have talked to many PS's about it and they either say I should just live with it or they aren't sure how to approach it. It's literally a hole on my face. Best way to explain it. Restylane seems like it should work but I've already had one failed attempt. I may have to try it again though.

Fat transfer kind of scares me, but it may have to be what I have to do. It's as if something is just missing there. All around that is squishy whereas this part is very thin and it's basically skin then bone. So maybe fat transfer would be the best option..?

Restylane is SO expensive. Last time I got it done he charge me $800 : (
Old 11-11-2013, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by kitt831 View Post
I have tried restylane. It really didn't do anything, but another PS said he wanted to try it again.

I have talked to many PS's about it and they either say I should just live with it or they aren't sure how to approach it. It's literally a hole on my face. Best way to explain it. Restylane seems like it should work but I've already had one failed attempt. I may have to try it again though.

Fat transfer kind of scares me, but it may have to be what I have to do. It's as if something is just missing there. All around that is squishy whereas this part is very thin and it's basically skin then bone. So maybe fat transfer would be the best option..?

Restylane is SO expensive. Last time I got it done he charge me $800 : (
Sounds like the material is probably going around the area u want it? would you be against an implant... A solid silicone one?

TexasHulaGirl likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 PM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
The PS's that you have gone to, do they specialize in reconstructive surgery? If the lidocaine was able to make the chin muscle relax enough for the dimple to disappear until it wore off, then maybe an actual chin implant would be necessary to make it permanent.

breastbeauty likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by breastbeauty View Post
Sounds like the material is probably going around the area u want it? would you be against an implant... A solid silicone one?
I wouldn't be against if it made it go away! Didn't know they could do that...I will have to mention this to the next PS I talk to about this. If I could make this go away I'd be in heaven!!

breastbeauty likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
*building my empire one brick at a time*

#sunshine will become famous soon enough
I tried to visualize it with your explanation but I still can't figure out what you mean. Is there any way you could post a picture without showing the rest of your face?
Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHulaGirl View Post
The PS's that you have gone to, do they specialize in reconstructive surgery? If the lidocaine was able to make the chin muscle relax enough for the dimple to disappear until it wore off, then maybe an actual chin implant would be necessary to make it permanent.
No, but I was referred to one but just haven't had the time to give them a call. Especially with my whole BA and everything.

Now when you say chin implant do you mean fat transfer, silicone implant..what? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, I just have no idea about any other surgery! I figured that since the lidocaine relaxed it, botox would relax it too, but I had no luck with that!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM

TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice TexasHulaGirl is just really nice
Smile

Originally Posted by kitt831 View Post
No, but I was referred to one but just haven't had the time to give them a call. Especially with my whole BA and everything.

Now when you say chin implant do you mean fat transfer, silicone implant..what? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, I just have no idea about any other surgery! I figured that since the lidocaine relaxed it, botox would relax it too, but I had no luck with that!
Not dumb at all : ) and yes, I was referring to a silicone implant since all other things wear off over time, and that just seems like a big recurring expense. I highly recommend going to that Reconstructive PS that you were referred to when you get the chance. From my experience, PS's who specialize in reconstructive surgery are amazingly talented.

kitt831 likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 AM

Yes I will definitely get a hold of him. I just want it GONE. I know it sounds crazy but it's something always on the back of mind, always bothering me to the point I avoid pictures now like the plague... : (
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Smile

Trust me, I understand how you're feeling about it, I don't think you sound crazy at all. I have certain things that drive me nuts that I have been trying for years to figure out how to get rid of. I'm sure there's a solution to your problem, hope you can get it fixed to your liking : )
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
aja

aja is on a distinguished road
Ask about Radiesse. It's much thicker than a regular filler.
The Following User Says Thank You to aja For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by aja View Post
Ask about Radiesse. It's much thicker than a regular filler.
They thought about trying Radiesse if Restylane worked, even slightly. They figured to try a cheaper on and see if it made any difference and if so, the Radiesse would work better. Unfortunately, the Restylane didn't do anything so they figured the Radiesse wouldn't either.

I will either be trying Restylane or a silicone implant I think...I'm not sure about a fat transfer. If the restylane works, I may try Radiesse.

Thank you!!