Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By nikkster
  • 2 Post By Hawkja
  • 1 Post By Redhot
  • 1 Post By nikkster
  • 1 Post By nikkster
  • 2 Post By BC A2C
  • 1 Post By Hawkja
  • 2 Post By ladybug_238

Botox in armpits... thoughts?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 PM

nikkster is on a distinguished road
Botox in armpits... thoughts?

I sweat a lot under my arms and its gotten worse since doing laser hair removal. I've been thinking of getting botox in my armpits to stop the sweating.

Has anyone done this before? or have any insight on this? bad side effects? I read that I have to keep doing the botox or I will start sweating there again, if that's the case then I don't think I will do it.

TIA

VoluptuousVixen likes this.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Hawkja is on a distinguished road
I have a friend who did this and I honestly don't know how many injections she got or how often but I know it works. I have been debating on it too. I've always sweat a lot and then I used a deodorant called dry-idea the roll on band it worked awesome for many years but after my last child it stopped and now im back to sweating again and is can't find another one to replace it. Good luck though!

nikkster and Angelgrrl13 like this.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Best decision ever...aside from marrying my best friend;)

Angelgrrl13 is on a distinguished road
I sweat a lot, too!! :/ When I lived up north (PA), I used to make my own deodorant (if you want to know what's in it, let me know) and it kept me from sweating and stinking - I was completely surprised, since even Rx anti-antiperspirants wouldn't work. But . . . living in Florida (pretty much the most southern part of the west coast), my miracle stuff doesn't cut it here I tried Secret Cocoa Butter something (the white stick) and I don't sweat much at all (nor do I stink!!). In fact, I'm okay even if I forget to re-apply!!! I don't know why this stuff works so well for me, but it really does (other Secret didn't work, neither did other brands)!! I'd love to stop my armpits from sweating, but I don't know if it would be worth it, for me, personally - in terms of cost/upkeep, but if you those things are an issue for you, I say go for it!! If you do it, let me know! I'd love to hear how it works out!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Angelgrrl13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 10:31 PM

Redhot is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm super sweaty under arms too, but it will take so many units to do the armpit, I imagine it'll hurt like heck, and isn't guaranteed to last longer than 2-3 months... If I had a disposable income I'd try it out. But I don't, so I'm stuck with clinical strength deo

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
I'm super sweaty under arms too, but it will take so many units to do the armpit, I imagine it'll hurt like heck, and isn't guaranteed to last longer than 2-3 months... If I had a disposable income I'd try it out. But I don't, so I'm stuck with clinical strength deo
That's my worry, that it's going to get expensive... also there's something about botox that makes me nervous and I think I'm a little too young to start messing around with that stuff

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Angelgrrl13 View Post
I sweat a lot, too!! :/ When I lived up north (PA), I used to make my own deodorant (if you want to know what's in it, let me know) and it kept me from sweating and stinking - I was completely surprised, since even Rx anti-antiperspirants wouldn't work. But . . . living in Florida (pretty much the most southern part of the west coast), my miracle stuff doesn't cut it here I tried Secret Cocoa Butter something (the white stick) and I don't sweat much at all (nor do I stink!!). In fact, I'm okay even if I forget to re-apply!!! I don't know why this stuff works so well for me, but it really does (other Secret didn't work, neither did other brands)!! I'd love to stop my armpits from sweating, but I don't know if it would be worth it, for me, personally - in terms of cost/upkeep, but if you those things are an issue for you, I say go for it!! If you do it, let me know! I'd love to hear how it works out!!
Right now I use a crystal stick, I just wet the end and apply it. It works for smell and it doesn't have aluminum in it which I love... but nothing stops the sweating. Maybe I will try that secret cocoa butter one you mentioned. I also might get drysol again

Thanks

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:23 AM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
A friend of mine from work has done it for about a year now and really likes it. I'm not sure what your insurance is like, but ours covers it, minus the injection fee. It's definitely not a one time thing. Botox wears off no matter where it goes on the body. She's only done it every six months as that's how often insurance will pay. Not sure if that timing works for her, or if she actually needs to be doing it more often.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 AM

Hawkja is on a distinguished road
Let me also say that we are military and our tricare insurance did cover this for my friend to since it's or medical purposes. Not sure if all insurances do, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Angelgrrl13 likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 AM

ladybug_238 is on a distinguished road
A friend of mine gets this done every 4 months and says it works great. She did say its expensive...we are in canada tho and it seems like all cosmetic surgery's or procedures are a lot more than the states. Maybe try some of the tips these ladies have and keep the Botox as a last resort? Either way best of luck!

Old 08-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Finny is on a distinguished road
I get it done regularly and LOVE it!! it is a dream come true and worth the pain and cost.

Edit: I also use a crystal stick. It's a great deodorant but doesn't do much as an anti-prespirent which is why I love botox!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:48 PM
αηα∂ιαη ρєαнєѕ αяє ѕωєєт

LuPa is on a distinguished road
I've used drysol in the past but i had to stop because I couldn't stand the itching it caused. I had severe itching so bad that I couldn't sleep! It was horrible. Did this happen to you? How did you deal with it? Other than the unbearable itch, Drysol worked amazing for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:59 PM

VoluptuousVixen is on a distinguished road
I can totally relate. My sweating has gotten even worse since my BA and the BO has gotten worse too. I actually can't wear tshirts anymore out of embarrassment of sweat marks that will surely appear within an hour or two, and I stink even if I keep applying deodorant every hour. I only wear sleeveless shirts and dresses out and to work now, which is okay for now, but summer is ending and winter is coming so I'm going to have to face it at some point. I've tried drysol in the past and the irritation to my skin was too much. Since my BA I've tried like 6 different kinds of deodorant and nothing is working for me If I find a solution I'll be sure to tell you all!