Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Fluffybun
  • 1 Post By BALadi
  • 1 Post By BALadi

1st Botox

Old 07-03-2015, 07:39 AM

BALadi is on a distinguished road
1st Botox

.. in just over 3 hours. I've been so preoccupied with my BA, I haven't given it much thought about the Botox. Any info, advice will be great!

Is my face going to be red when I walk out?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:47 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
You'll be fine. I've never had any issues with Botox.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:57 AM

I haven't really done any research.. so, is my face going to show symptoms for the first day or so?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:13 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BALadi View Post
I haven't really done any research.. so, is my face going to show symptoms for the first day or so?
No not really. I do fillers as well and those definitely start bruising pretty quickly but Botox I go back to work after and usually forget I even had it done. The needle is tiny so you can't even see where they injected.
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 AM

I'm so ridiculously excited LOL
I kind of booked this appointment in humour and spent very little time in its research. I hope it'll give me the look I want.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:38 AM

I'm so ridiculously excited LOL
I kind of booked this appointment in humour and spent very little time in its research. I hope it'll give me the look I want.
I love it. Give it a few days to see the total results. I usually can see the difference by the 3rd day.

BALadi likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 PM

Fluffybun is on a distinguished road
hi, so im guessing by the time your reading this you will have had it done

yh, ive only had it once so far, I still had a few little pin pricks from the injections that's about it, no redness or anything. I actually got it done during my lunch break and went back to work and no one said anything

it didn't start to have any effect on me until 5-7 days later, when it gradually started to kick in, and by 10 days post injection I could really notice the difference

BALadi likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:38 PM

So the procedure is done.. except I ended up getting fillers as well LOL Talk about an expensive impulse.. ka-Ching! By the time I came home though, I see a lot of little lumps from the fillers. I tried massaging it a little but the post care said not to. I hope it's just swelling.

Linaki likes this.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:42 PM

So the procedure is done.. except I ended up getting fillers as well LOL Talk about an expensive impulse.. ka-Ching! By the time I came home though, I see a lot of little lumps from the fillers. I tried massaging it a little but the post care said not to. I hope it's just swelling.
Oh cool. What did you get and where? I do Juvederm XC in my lips and Voluma in my cheeks. The lumps will mellow out in the next few weeks. You will have swelling and bruising. You may want to pick up some arnica gel at the drugstore. It's a homeopathic for bruising. My PS has all his filler patients use it.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Oh cool. What did you get and where? I do Juvederm XC in my lips and Voluma in my cheeks. The lumps will mellow out in the next few weeks. You will have swelling and bruising. You may want to pick up some arnica gel at the drugstore. It's a homeopathic for bruising. My PS has all his filler patients use it.
I had fillers for my forehead and cheeks. I sound so deformed!!
Thanks for the tip.

I hope the little bumps are just swelling because I won't be able to go back in for 3 weeks and after my BA.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:07 PM

This is probably non-related but I'm pretty tired now and with head-ache..?
Old 07-03-2015, 04:45 PM

The lumps are probably the filler. I had my lower lip done about a month ago and I was lumpy but it moved to my lip. Not exactly sure how that works the lumps were below my lip. I was somewhat freaked out about it for a couple of weeks. The lumps are now gone and my lips look awesome! I'm really old so I need to do fillers since your face is the first place you lose tissue as you age. It sucks but thank God for fillers.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 PM

The lumps are probably the filler. I had my lower lip done about a month ago and I was lumpy but it moved to my lip. Not exactly sure how that works the lumps were below my lip. I was somewhat freaked out about it for a couple of weeks. The lumps are now gone and my lips look awesome! I'm really old so I need to do fillers since your face is the first place you lose tissue as you age. It sucks but thank God for fillers.
Haha well I sure felt old today! People usually think I'm younger than I am.. by almost 10 years on average.. but, from a Dr/nurse in cosmetics perspective, I really don't think they thought I looked youthful at all!

Linaki likes this.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:31 AM

Fluffybun is on a distinguished road
This is probably non-related but I'm pretty tired now and with head-ache..?
yh, I think that's non-related to the botox or filler

I did have little bumps on my forehead after my botox, that's just the botox before it spreads across the forehead, my bumps went away within 5-6 hours
Old 07-06-2015, 12:21 PM

I just spoke with the nurse. She said in rare circumstances, these symptoms do happen. My body is generally sensitive to toxins and hormone fluxuations so I'm not surprised. I wasn't 'prepared' but I'm not surprised.

I've lost 5 lbs now. Still haven't been able to keep any food into my system. Vomitting is still ongoing (since Fri) but usually only shortly after I've eaten or drank something (coffee).

I'm really worried bc my BA is in 10 days. I can't afford to lose more weight and I need to be healthy and strong for the surgery. I'm hoping it'll ALL GO AWAY within the next day or two.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:41 PM

I just spoke with the nurse. She said in rare circumstances, these symptoms do happen. My body is generally sensitive to toxins and hormone fluxuations so I'm not surprised. I wasn't 'prepared' but I'm not surprised.

I've lost 5 lbs now. Still haven't been able to keep any food into my system. Vomitting is still ongoing (since Fri) but usually only shortly after I've eaten or drank something (coffee).

I'm really worried bc my BA is in 10 days. I can't afford to lose more weight and I need to be healthy and strong for the surgery. I'm hoping it'll ALL GO AWAY within the next day or two.
Wow, that's crazy! I'm going to be getting ongoing botox in my neck and head soon and I hope I never have this happen. I'll be getting a much higher dose than the 25-50 I get from the PS! More like 200 units. Now I'm worried!
Old 07-06-2015, 02:47 PM

Wow, that's crazy! I'm going to be getting ongoing botox in my neck and head soon and I hope I never have this happen. I'll be getting a much higher dose than the 25-50 I get from the PS! More like 200 units. Now I'm worried!
I wouldn't worry. My body is typically sensitive. The dr called me, after I spoke with the nurse, and she basically said .. anything is possible.. but the reactions I've had may have happened if the units were rather large, in which mine weren't. She asked me if I'm pregnant, which I'm not, and would be surprised if Botox was the culprit. For me, I know my body well. I do think my body rejected the Botox and she assured me I'd be fine in time for my surgery.

Feeling sooooo bloated atm, though