Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PixieDoo
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Itsme.1

Liposuction

Old 09-17-2015, 06:04 PM

Itsme.1 is on a distinguished road
Liposuction

I'm 3 weeks post-op and very, very lumpy. Please tell me this is normal!!
Old 09-21-2015, 12:56 PM
I want my two dollars!

PixieDoo will become famous soon enough PixieDoo will become famous soon enough
It is normal... It can take up to 6 months to see final results. Make sure you wear your compression garment religiously. It causes the skin to re-adhere to the tissues underneath and eliminate the lumpiness.

If your PS did not recommend compression for some reason, run out and get yourself a garment like yesterday!
Old 09-21-2015, 01:33 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I agree with Pixie. Lipo takes a long time before you see the final result. I've done it 3 times and every time it was 6 months before I really felt like the swelling was resolved and things were somewhat normal. With that said, I do have lumpy areas. It's been YEARS since I had my last lipo so it's probably changed from when I did it but yes, I have lumps...
Old 09-21-2015, 07:25 PM

MommyHaz is on a distinguished road
I had back lipo 5 days ago and my PS said I could wear Spanx (or equivalent) since the Garmet they put on me doesn't stay in place well.
Do you think the slimming full abdomen/back and hip coverage (things you can buy at Walmart and Sears) is "strong" enough to provide adequate compression?
Old 09-22-2015, 04:49 AM
I want my two dollars!

I think as long as the skin is kept immobile, and not able to jiggle, it's ok. But I think the more compression the better. I was wearing two garments at the same time at one point.

MommyHaz likes this.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:12 PM

I got a spanx type garment at target and I wear it 24/7. It is the one that looks like a 1 peice bathing suit with an open chest (so you can wear your own bras) and unfastens at the crotch so you can go to the bathroom. I probably need a smaller size, but then it would be too tight on my butt. I plan to look at some other options this weekend.

I am getting a lymphatic drainage massage Friday. I heard those help. My PS recommended external ultrasound treatments at his office (free of charge), but they are understaffed and not doing them at the moment. Ugh. I expect the swelling, and honestly it isn't as bothersome as the lumps. They feel gross! I can't wait for the feeling in my skin to come back though. It's still numb.

Any other suggestions or tips?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:17 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Itsme.1 View Post
I got a spanx type garment at target and I wear it 24/7. It is the one that looks like a 1 peice bathing suit with an open chest (so you can wear your own bras) and unfastens at the crotch so you can go to the bathroom. I probably need a smaller size, but then it would be too tight on my butt. I plan to look at some other options this weekend.

I am getting a lymphatic drainage massage Friday. I heard those help. My PS recommended external ultrasound treatments at his office (free of charge), but they are understaffed and not doing them at the moment. Ugh. I expect the swelling, and honestly it isn't as bothersome as the lumps. They feel gross! I can't wait for the feeling in my skin to come back though. It's still numb.

Any other suggestions or tips?

Patience??

PixieDoo and CaffeineNcats like this.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:36 PM

MommyHaz is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Itsme.1;2835327]I got a spanx type garment at target and I wear it 24/7. It is the one that looks like a 1 peice bathing suit with an open chest (so you can wear your own bras) and unfastens at the crotch so you can go to the bathroom. I probably need a smaller size, but then it would be too tight on my butt. I plan to look at some other options this weekend

So it's not long enough to cover your hips and thighs ? I like the snap,idea since pulling these,layers off to pee is a challenge.,..
Old 09-23-2015, 04:51 AM
I want my two dollars!

This site has EXCELLENT compression garments
http://marenagroup.com/garment-store/ladies/

and Itsme... I'm just about 4 months out and my whole abdomen area is still numb. I hear it can take a looooooong time for feeling to come back, if ever...
The Following User Says Thank You to PixieDoo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM

The garment I have now doesn't cover hips and thighs.

Thanks for the link and recommendation! Useful information is exactly what I was looking for!

PixieDoo likes this.