Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Vein Treatment

Old 12-29-2015, 07:26 PM

Dimmer will become famous soon enough
Vein Treatment

So I've developed some veins behind the knee on one leg and they have started to bulge. I'm young (26) and I'm good shape (108 pounds) but varicose veins run in my family. I saw a vascular surgeon today and he said mine aren't that bad and if he were me he wouldn't treat them but that if I really wanted him to for cosmetic reasons then he would. I left torn. They do bother me cosmetically but part of me thinks maybe I should wait a year and see if they get worse and then decide. The reason I say a year is because I live where it's hot and after the treatment I would have to wear compression stockings for a few weeks and the doctor said its not practical to do when it's warm.

Anyone been through this? Any opinions?
Old 12-30-2015, 04:51 PM

TexasGab is on a distinguished road
I had my veins stripped at about your age after my 3rd child. Recovery was super easy and time flew by. Fast forward now almost 9 years. They are back, same leg. Met with a vascular Doctor recently and she said stripping isn't the go to method anymore, I guess they burn them now. She thinks they left a "cousin" in my leg and it redeveloped, probably after my BA/BL surgery. Just had a Tummy tuck so I wore my running compression socks for a week. I'm going to try and have the veins treated in a couple months. Mine is right on top of my thigh and on the inside of my knee (highly visible), so it's worth it to me. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to TexasGab For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 PM

Dimmer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TexasGab View Post
I had my veins stripped at about your age after my 3rd child. Recovery was super easy and time flew by. Fast forward now almost 9 years. They are back, same leg. Met with a vascular Doctor recently and she said stripping isn't the go to method anymore, I guess they burn them now. She thinks they left a "cousin" in my leg and it redeveloped, probably after my BA/BL surgery. Just had a Tummy tuck so I wore my running compression socks for a week. I'm going to try and have the veins treated in a couple months. Mine is right on top of my thigh and on the inside of my knee (highly visible), so it's worth it to me. Good luck!
Thank you so much for responding! I haven't had any kids, so I'm not sure what to do. It's good to know your results lasted 9 years! The leg I have the veins is the same leg I had a tumor removed from two years ago but the vascular surgeon I went to doesn't think it's related. If I don't do it now, I'm sure I will next year. They're pretty minimal now but I've become fixated on them.