Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry Use this forum to discuss plastic surgery procedures OTHER than breast augmentation. Examples include tummy tucks, lip augmentation, Botox, liposuction, laser resurfacing, etc.

Botox only lasts a month??? Anyone else?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:29 AM

Katelyn9585 is on a distinguished road
Botox only lasts a month??? Anyone else?

I have gotten botox several times and each time it starts wearing off after a month. The first time i went to a med spa and figured they just watered it down too much or something. The last few times i have been going to my plastic surgeons office and same thing, gone within a month. 4 weeks ago we tried Jeuveau (brand new on the market) and it took effect within 3 days. Seemed like it was actually going to work for me...and then boom, hit 4 weeks and its wearing off already. She uses around 50 units each time (forehead, between brows and crows feet). Any insight as to why this is happening? Anyone else have this problem? Its so frustrating...and expensive lol.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 AM

nyc2010 is on a distinguished road
Maybe the dosage is just too low. 50 units in three areas seems like a very small amount. E.g. - last time, I got 90 units and that was just between my eyebrows. I wasn‘t crazy wrinkly or anything, I just have strong facial muscles. Did you address the issue (Botox always wearing off too quickly) with your PS beforehand?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Katelyn9585 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nyc2010 View Post
Maybe the dosage is just too low. 50 units in three areas seems like a very small amount. E.g. - last time, I got 90 units and that was just between my eyebrows. I wasn‘t crazy wrinkly or anything, I just have strong facial muscles. Did you address the issue (Botox always wearing off too quickly) with your PS beforehand?
Yes, she knows it wears off quickly and i told her before the first time she did it. Maybe i should ask her to put more? When it takes effect i feel like there is plenty, as my face doesnt really move lol ... but like i said, it doesnt last long. From what ive heard my body just metabolizes it fast (cant it do the same with carbs?!), so hopefully upping the units will help! Thank you for responding