Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/other-plastic-surgery-procedures-cosmetic-dentistry/)
-   -   Botox for people in their 20s? (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/other-plastic-surgery-procedures-cosmetic-dentistry/206200-botox-people-their-20s/)

roxiev 12-23-2012 07:26 AM

Botox for people in their 20s?

I was just reading how Botox can actually delay the onset of wrinkles, which means we can start doing it in our twenties even before wrinkles form. I am pretty much for this idea! Anyone does this and is in their 20s? I plan on getting it done in my late 20s or even slightly earlier.

monkeysmom 12-23-2012 11:01 AM

I get that everyone wants to stay youthful and young. With much respect, my question to you is why would u not want to age gracefully? I can honestly say i have gotten better looking with age ;) and i would not change it for getting needles in my face. Botox only lasts for 6 mths or so if i'm correct. and then some ppl get over done where its plastic looking. Not that i'm suggesting you will...but i love when i see some wrinkles as we age and laugh lines. Its so natural. ANd so beautiful IMO

roxiev 01-17-2013 05:14 AM

I don't plan on doing a Nicole Kidman, but enough to delay wrinkles. I don't want to spend a lot in the future getting rid of them..prevention is better than cure, like they say.

Millenium 02-07-2013 06:17 AM

Ive been having botox since my early 20's but i do have terrible forehead wrinkles. I dont get crazy amounts but enough that the lines are no longer visible. I wouldnt suggest getting it to stop them forming. Hell, you may not get any and are wasting your time and money!

If it makes you happy and more confident then go for it!

mlrohr 02-07-2013 08:21 AM

I started getting Dysport (another type of Botox...but less expensive) when I was 27 (now 31) My mom has aged most heavily in her eye area and so I get about 20 units total for both eye's, a few times a year just to be preventative and eliminate the wrinkles I have from sun damage. I say go for it...just don't get so Botox'd up that you can't move your face :)

roxiev 02-24-2013 09:32 AM

thank you for the replies!

For smiley lines that are too deep, would botox be able to help? Or is it impossible, since it would freeze the muscles you need to smile.

HotMagenta 02-26-2013 07:36 PM

What is botox good for? Cause I have those smile lines too... but like wouldnt restalyne be better for that?

chicklet 02-26-2013 07:55 PM

I am heavily thinking about it for my forehead wrinkles and the 11 lines as I cannot stand them anymore. They started to come lightly at 31 now at 33 they to me are noticeable and I always said I would never ever do it so to each is own. If it makes you happy then why not. I would wait till you see some though as the other poster said you may never get any and it would be a waste of $$

masons mommy 02-26-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by roxiev (Post 2083209)
I was just reading how Botox can actually delay the onset of wrinkles, which means we can start doing it in our twenties even before wrinkles form. I am pretty much for this idea! Anyone does this and is in their 20s? I plan on getting it done in my late 20s or even slightly earlier.

My friend and I was talking about this wondering if you start now if you could off set wrinkles from forming. that is really cool I would like to stop it before it starts.

amkisses 02-26-2013 08:03 PM

I have this line right down the middle of my eyebrows... and if I furrow my brows (or if I am angry...) i get this permanent looking line between my eyebrows! I HATE it. And I was just saying to my boyfriend this morning that I NEED botox!! Now to find where to get it done!

melstewtina82 02-26-2013 08:41 PM

I started when I was 24 and they don't do all areas unless you need it. I started with just enough to raise my brows (I have hooded eyelids). Now I get three areas done (six years later) and when it wears off in 3 months I don't have a furrow like I used to. It does delay wrinkles if you keep up with it. I've also used it in my chin because my lips do a "perma frown" and it straightens them out. Botox is amazing if you can keep up with it every quarter! Oh, and if you can't move your eyebrows with it then find a new doctor - you're not supposed to be frozen.

Lululover79 02-26-2013 09:09 PM

I agree with the other posters. I would not start it as a preventative simply because of the expense and the potential (unlikely) side effects. I started using Botox every 3-6months (except when pregnant/bf) when I was in my late twenties to relax my forehead wrinkles and I love the effects. Wait and do it when you need it!

chicklet 02-26-2013 09:14 PM

How did you ladies find the person that you wanted to use to inject you? Were they board certified? Thanks

roxiev 02-27-2013 07:27 PM

i heard botox can make saggy areas more taut and my laugh line area is kinda saggy but it could jst be my natral face shape. botox helps to delay wrinkles as it freezes uour muscles so you dont move them too much and cauae wrinkles.

in between my brows the skin is saggy and have really enlargrd pores. i am hoping botox can lift that area and make the skin more taut.

chicklet 03-13-2013 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by roxiev (Post 2157231)
thank you for the replies!

For smiley lines that are too deep, would botox be able to help? Or is it impossible, since it would freeze the muscles you need to smile.

They generally use fillers such as juviderm for the smile lines :) expensive though 500 a syringe here

BamaCoastGirl 03-13-2013 10:51 PM

I'm 27 and have gotten Dysport around my eyes. I'm going to go back soon. I say wait until you see some wrinkles then try it.

yalin 10-07-2013 01:46 PM

i'm thinking of trying it on my forehead - i still want to move it though - i don't want that nicole kidman flatscreen forehead - but i've had a horizontal line there since i was a teenager (from raising my brows too much). so i'd love to get rid of that.

Luckycali7 05-07-2014 09:36 AM

I've been getting dysport since I was about 27. I got it for my 11's and now get it in my forehead too. I've had botox too but prefer dysport. I've also had juvederm in my laugh lines... it totally wasn't worth it

roxiev 05-08-2014 08:30 AM

Why is dysport better for you?

Finny 08-23-2014 08:25 PM

I'm 29 and have friends who have been getting botox since we were 24-26 to prevent wrinkles. I find that it aged them. There is something about the slight lack of movement in the eye area that I think gives that impression. However this is only my opinion and they obviously think it's amazing since they are still getting it every 6 or so months.