Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Plastic Surgeons

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Plastic Surgeons This forum is for discussions about plastic surgeons. You may recommend your plastic surgeon here, ask questions about certain surgeons, etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By twinpearls
  • 1 Post By Bajourney21
  • 1 Post By Bajourney21
  • 1 Post By twinpearls

Dr.Pousti replacement Dr.Chao???

Old 05-25-2021, 12:32 PM

Bajourney21 is on a distinguished road
Smile Dr.Pousti replacement Dr.Chao???

Ive heard good reviews about Dr.Pousti but now that he has retired.. has anyone had consultation or ba w his replacement Dr.Chao? Please tell me your experience
Old 05-26-2021, 06:05 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
I also heard great things about Dr. Pousti, and received great vibes when I consulted with him, but he retired last year. His replacement, Dr. Chao, doesn't seem to have a strong background in BA's, much less XL. When he took over the practice, I was watching the changeover and digging into his bio. He had background in orthopedics and sports medicine, if I remember correctly, which was a detractor for me. His office staff is exceptionally slow to reply to emails too. I tried to schedule a face-to-face consultation with them, just to test the waters and meet him, but they made it exceptionally difficult. So I finally turned away from Chao.

Bajourney21 likes this.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by twinpearls View Post
I also heard great things about Dr. Pousti, and received great vibes when I consulted with him, but he retired last year. His replacement, Dr. Chao, doesn't seem to have a strong background in BA's, much less XL. When he took over the practice, I was watching the changeover and digging into his bio. He had background in orthopedics and sports medicine, if I remember correctly, which was a detractor for me. His office staff is exceptionally slow to reply to emails too. I tried to schedule a face-to-face consultation with them, just to test the waters and meet him, but they made it exceptionally difficult. So I finally turned away from Chao.
Wow thats interesting! I have to do more research then! I saw his"work" which are just like a handful of pictures and the rest are done by Pousti . I appreciate your reply!

twinpearls likes this.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:53 PM

For anyone else reading this or interested to know, I looked up the information given because I do not want to even consult with someone that just did Ortho and is inexperienced in ba's. So @twinpearls Thank you so much for the info. I looked into it and apperantly there are 2 Dr.Chao that worked in the same office before. Dr.David Chao is the ortho and then theres Dr. James J Chao(which is the one taking over Pousti) and he is plastic surgeon. The office was OasisMD if anyone is interested. I will update after I have consult since its already scheduled.

twinpearls likes this.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:11 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bajourney21 View Post
For anyone else reading this or interested to know, I looked up the information given because I do not want to even consult with someone that just did Ortho and is inexperienced in ba's. So @twinpearls Thank you so much for the info. I looked into it and apperantly there are 2 Dr.Chao that worked in the same office before. Dr.David Chao is the ortho and then theres Dr. James J Chao(which is the one taking over Pousti) and he is plastic surgeon. The office was OasisMD if anyone is interested. I will update after I have consult since its already scheduled.
Thank you for clarifying that there are two Dr. Chao's. I overlooked that detail. I hope it goes well for you. Helen from his office made it exceptionally difficult to try and schedule a face-to-face, so I gave up. XL is my goal and knowing those augmentations are a special niche, I don't know that he has enough experience in that area for my liking. Also note, his Instagram page is titled "helping_breast_implant_illness," which is Pousti's old page. If you know anything about "breast implant illness," the title refers to explants and extractions. So that again detracted me since it seems he may not be as enthusiastic about augmentations/implants, but would instead lean towards explants. And so metaphorically speaking, if I'm about to buy a Chevy, I don't want to buy from a guy that tells me Chevy stinks and Ford is much better. *shoulder shrug* That Instagram page has been dormant for over a year though, so who knows. Bottom line, I encountered enough red flags to decide against him. I'm pretty picky about where I'm going to spend such a large amount of money for a cosmetic medical procedure.

I hope it goes well for you. Keep us posted with your progress! :-)

Bajourney21 likes this.