Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Polls

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Please post all polls in this forum.

View Poll Results: Do you have smooth implants or textured implants?
Smooth
73.53%
Textured
26.47%
Voters: 1122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree87Likes

Smooth or Textured - which did you choose, and why?

Reply Subscribe
Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 PM

lljm is on a distinguished road
Smooth- my PS won't use textured because of the link with BIA-ALCL cancer.

Willowways and Jbs82 like this.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:29 AM

milajay is on a distinguished road
Textured Mentor silicone's here. My doctor said that textured surface would hold up better when placed over the muscle. He said that no difference in CC rate between textured and smooth.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 AM

Jbs82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JBI_BA_Info View Post
What type of implant shell do you have, and why? Did you choose it, and if so, what were your reasons? Did your surgeon choose it, and if so, what were his/her reasons for recommending one implant shell over the other?
My ps did have both and said other surgeon did use texted but he preferred not to use them because bacteria attached on the implant because of the texture and gives you a high risk of developing cancer in the area. So j went smooth
Old 09-28-2017, 07:27 AM

Jbs82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lljm View Post
Mine said the same! Which makes me wonder why lots of doctors are not telling people this!!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:29 AM

_rachel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lljm View Post
My surgeon said the same. He used both until recently and now exclusively uses smooth round.

Another surgeon I talked to said she prefers smooth round due to possible rotation issues with anatomical textured implants that would require a second surgery, whereas smooth round implants are supposed to move, creating a more natural look.

All of the surgeons I consulted with preferred smooth round implants.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:27 AM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
I went with textured Sientra anatomicals under the muscle. My PS would have used either smooth round, textured round, or anatomical textured. I chose to let him decide during surgery what would be best but I wanted textured due to less risk of capsular contracture, no need to massage, and it adheres better. I was explained in detail about the risk of cancer, it's more so with Allergan brand textured implants than Mentor or Sientra. I prefer Sientra over Mentor in the anatomical due to feel. The Sientras are softer. So far I am only one day post op, but loving the shape. My PS went with anatomical as he said the rounds gave me a more augmented look which isn't what I wanted.

milfstatus likes this.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 AM
SCH

SCH is on a distinguished road
My Dr did not recomend textured to me at all. He mentioned how the body attaches to them as a negative (?)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 AM

Pazzobella is on a distinguished road
Textured.

I just had a revision two days ago on April 20th. Previously I had Natrelle classics round smooth style 20 450cc places dual plane. They dropped way too fast, by 6 weeks completely dropped and fluffed, and bc they dropped too fast my crease incisions didnít have enough time to heal before the weight of the implant was on them causing them to heal awefully. At almost 2 years P.O. they were still very red/pink and very lumpy. I called them frankenboob scars (This is what my revision Dr told me)It was aweful. If I wore a light colored top or bikini top you could clearly see the scar line through my clothes (if they were tight aka sports bras, etcetera) not cute. Also the 450 HP were too narrow for my BWD. I have a BWD of 14.8 and the 450 HP were 12.4.... meaning I could have had much fuller breast with the cleavage I desired instead of the HUGE gap I had. Which I also hated.
This time for my revision I expressed my concerns about them not moving at all and having a fuller center and upper pole. The 450s gave me a huge gap and I still looked flat chested up top
My previous smooths would fall off to the sides as well and this started very early in the recovery stage. I kept going back to my previous PS expressing my concerns and he kept shewing me away saying I should be happy with the results I had compared to what I came in with, my barely there 32AA cups which had no pitosis or anything.... Rude I thought. Sorry Iím rambling lol.
For my revision I got Natrelle inspiras TRF(textured responsive full) 605 cc Full profile under the muscle with a diameter of 14.5 and projection of 5.8. And so far only being three days post Iím ecstatic with my results. I have standing cleavage and fullness which is so beatiful. Honestly the textured feel no different then the smooth except they are firmer. But I havenít even begun to D&F yet bc I know it takes longer for textured. I picked textured bc Iím athletic and like I said before. I donít want them to bounce around and when I lay flat I wanted them to stay upright. I also had the popcorn technique done along with permanent sutures around the sides to help bring them up and in.
Sorry this was a long post. But I over explain. And yes Iím aware of the lymphoma risks from textured. But that so far and few inbtween. You could die walking outside lol. Just saying.

Last edited by Pazzobella; 04-22-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Missed words.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:48 AM

totallytaken10 will become famous soon enough
I originally wanted smooth but went with textured under the advice of my surgeon. If I remember correctly he felt it would lower my risk of cc.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:06 AM

nyc2010 is on a distinguished road
Smooth (nano-textured) due to the much higher risk of BIA-ALCL with heavily textured implants. My first set was textured, though. Motiva has the lowest risk of CC, so IĎm praying for a complication free second round.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:44 PM

rachelann is on a distinguished road
I have smooth have friends with both and like the way the smooths felt and friends who had textured said they had gone smooth
Reply Subscribe