Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question of the Week Question of the week forum

Like Tree6Likes

QOTW- off topic Feb 23

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Survivor

brokengirl is on a distinguished road
I used to do martial arts, and it was across several disciplines, and the dojo also had several fitness programs. Since I traveled extensively at the time, I would do my own regimen each morning to keep fit (stretching, step, etc) when away.

Now... still trying to figure it out. Nearly all exercising for paraplegics involves shoulders, and I get tired of working them all the time. Abusing my poor shoulders just to elevate my heart rate... ugh... So, for now, everyday rolling about (manual wheelchair!), and sex.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM

Jana88 will become famous soon enough
So many to name off! I want to start with the fact that I hate cardio, but do it out of necessity. I find on cardio days I like the elliptical because I feel like I'm getting a legs and butt workout too more so than a treadmill.

I love weights! Earlier this year I broke a record and was able to deadlift 1.25 times my body weight. Thanks to weights and strength training, I've also been able to do 4 pull ups - which I'm sure I won't be able to do again since my BA was a little over a month ago.

I also love yoga, blogilates (love her workouts, but hate how perky she can be sometimes!), kayaking and rock climbing - indoor and out. My husband and I will be moving to Hawaii around September so I'm hoping to add surfing to that list eventually!

IvyLayne likes this.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 AM

normalatlast will become famous soon enough normalatlast will become famous soon enough
Running and hiking. And some yoga whenever the mood strikes.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:03 AM

normalatlast will become famous soon enough normalatlast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Beachchell View Post
i would love to be able to run! But I get out of breath so quickly. I wish there were an exercise I enjoyed. Maybe I wouldn't be over weight!
I know what you mean. I run a lot, but I've never been able to run very far without a walking break. I count 100 running steps, then walk for 100, switching back and forth. Counting helps me pass the time, too. On good days I can count up to 400 running steps. May not be the fastest, but I enjoy it and it keeps my heart/lungs worked out.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:00 AM

beta_boobs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
They bought us all fitbits (12,000 of us) and we have monthly competitions.
I absolutely love my fitbit. I sync mine with the myfitnesspal app to track my calories. Super helpful when losing weight (which I am). I'm down 15Ibs since November.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:58 PM

360mods will become famous soon enough
When the weather is permitting (no rain) DH and I go for a 2 mile walk.. I also do Pilates and yoga.. In the summer I swim..
Old 03-08-2015, 06:46 PM

IttyBittyAZ is on a distinguished road
I'm a dance teacher. I teach 3-4 days a week, 4 hr a day and I love it.
Reply Subscribe