• 2 Post By Giannina
  • 2 Post By BFH
  • 1 Post By brokengirl
  • 1 Post By scorpio275
  • 1 Post By [email protected]
  • 1 Post By IttyBittyAZ

QOTW - off topic March 2

Old 03-02-2015, 05:35 AM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
QOTW - off topic March 2

If you could were to decide to open your own business (no money worries), what would you choose to do?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 AM

treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough treschic is a jewel in the rough
I run a business now but it was my parents business and not my passion. My ultimate goal is to be able to sell it and move to an island and run some sort of tourist business.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
wife & travelwriter

titty_smitten will become famous soon enough titty_smitten will become famous soon enough
One of my dreams is to get a big house with a big garden and run a doggy daycare from home

catsie17 likes this.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Fantastic Mrs. Fox

grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light
I'd have a little bakery/bookstore. Books and pasteries are two of my most beloved things

normalatlast likes this.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:22 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
There's this place in town that does IKEA purchasing, delivering, and building. We're about 3 hours from the closest store. So basically you place an order through these guys and they go down to Vancouver and buy it all for you (I think they charge 15% of the order value as their fee) and then they deliver it here and will build it for you for a cost.

When I heard about that I was like "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT FIRST?!?!"

I absolutely love IKEA. Like I'll drive the 3 there alone on a Saturday just to shop around, have a $1.00 breakfast, and then I come home, grab a bottle of wine, and start building.

titty_smitten likes this.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Giannina is on a distinguished road
I money wasn't an issue I would love to open a shelter for homeless and a shelter for dogs/cats and find them a place to live

mach1mamma and catsie17 like this.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:50 AM

No24 is on a distinguished road
I'd open a bed and breakfast inn
Old 03-03-2015, 12:33 PM

janetsnakehole is on a distinguished road
When I was young I wanted to own a record store (ala Empire Records), then that turned into a concert venue. So either that (for funsies) or a no kill animal shelter (because duh).
Old 03-03-2015, 12:40 PM

catsie17 is on a distinguished road
I'd def open a florist
Old 03-03-2015, 08:13 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
Hands down, lingerie boutique!

BC A2C and Linaki like this.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Survivor

brokengirl is on a distinguished road
Been self-employed (freelance... in a way) most of my adult life. With money... big piece of property, and I would have a recording studio with housing for the artists. I actually was on that path, had gotten off the phone with a friend after telling them I found the place I was going to find said property, got back on my motorcycle... and 20-30 minutes later I was being life-flighted in a helicopter. Bye-bye money... bye-bye dream. For now.

normalatlast likes this.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM

scorpio275 is on a distinguished road
I want to open a dessert delivery service. Just like pizza delivery, but with a variety of desserts.

Linaki likes this.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM
We can not control the winds but we can adjust our sails

sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light sty@homemom is a glorious beacon of light
Don't even have to think about it... Pet rescue sanctuary...

Linaki likes this.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:49 PM

IttyBittyAZ is on a distinguished road
My dream became my reality this year. I have my own dance studio. It's small, but it's all mine. If someone would have told me this 10 years ago I would have laughed at them.

normalatlast likes this.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
I'd open the same business I had before - my furniture business. I built custom furniture and refinished pieces for clients. Shut it down a few yrs ago (officially shut it down last year) because my pinched nerves pretty much killed my business. If I could reopen it again, I would make a few changes first:

1. Keep it separate from my house. I would lose track of time and would be in the workshop for the entire day, sun up to midnight or later.

2. Hire help - I needed help so bad. I'm only 1 person, not 3.

3. Kill off the custom side of my business and build what I want to build. If it sells, it sells, if it doesn't no biggie. Painting zebra stripes on furniture for weeks was pure hell.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:13 AM

prettylady80 will become famous soon enough
I have my own business now but it's a little humble thing. I would love to own a restaurant/bakery one day!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:38 AM

normalatlast will become famous soon enough normalatlast will become famous soon enough
I don't know if such a thing exists, but I would love to help people be more efficient in their lives, whether it's finances, time management, careers, home management, etc.

Looking back on the past 30 years of my life, I can see where I could have done something differently to make my life easier and find time for things I would have enjoyed.

I know the internet/magazines/books offer a lot of this information, but sometimes you need someone to tell you how and what to incorporate; to tailor this kind of advice for you.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:00 PM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
We have lost four golden retrievers so far to cancer and it was a financial struggle all the way because we believe in doing the most you can as long as it is beneficial and not too stressful on the pup.

While going thru it, I wanted to start a non-profit called the Logan Foundation to help people offset some of the financial burden. Logan had a rare jaw bone cancer, it was so sad.

I would have worked in an animal rescue operation into that as well.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 PM

spydrlil will become famous soon enough spydrlil will become famous soon enough
I would open up a health food/nutrition store or start up a pastry/cake decorating shop
Old 03-19-2015, 08:23 PM

beta_boobs will become famous soon enough
I'd own my own movie theater that would play both new and old films.