Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question of the Week Question of the week forum

Like Tree3Likes

QOTW- BA March 9

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-09-2015, 08:29 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
QOTW- BA March 9

This week's question is a loaded question, please answer honestly! I don't want to see any posts that say "nothing" or "I have none".

Post op ladies- name one thing you wish you had done differently, or a regret.

Pre op ladies- name one thing you are worried you'll regret.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:38 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Post op ladies - name one thing you wish you had done differently, or a regret.

I wish I'd put more consideration into the volume/profile/width combo.

At my revision I went from 425cc/12.5cm implants to 550cc/13.6cm implants (both sets were high profile). I wanted more width/fullness at my revision, but came to realize that it didn't necessarily mean I wanted more cc's. I could have stayed with 425cc and gotten 13.6cm wide implants simply by switching to mod+
Old 03-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Beachchell is on a distinguished road
I wish I would have had more information about what to expect. I thought I had done a lot of research but since I have been on this forum I had no idea what I was doing! I wish I would have knew more about sizing, projection, and how to explain exactly what I wanted.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM

aerialist is on a distinguished road
Pre-op: I'm worried I won't like how they turn out- mostly sizing. I like the shape of my current boobs and by no means am close to the 'I hate looking at them/ being naked', but I do want them bigger. I'm worried that my minor dislike for them now may become a huge dislike later and that I'll never even go back to what my originals look like.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:59 PM
~Polish Bra Junkie~

Ms.Tanzi will become famous soon enough Ms.Tanzi will become famous soon enough
I wish I had gotten a more reliable person to stay with me the first couple days. "Best friend" bailed without even letting me know he was bailing. I made it through by myself though
Old 03-10-2015, 02:38 AM

CCURN is on a distinguished road
One thing I regret is right before surgery my ps asked me if I notice if one of my boobs is bigger than the other. I had noticed that before. My left was always a bit bigger, but I was so flat I thought the minor difference wouldn't matter. Plus I didn't want to get 2 different size implants and be even more uneven because preop it was barely noticeable. However now that I'm over 5 months post op I wish I would've gotten 2 different sizes. The size difference is still soooo sooo small no one probably ever noticed, but I notice and I could've just gotten one size up...just those 30ccs (6 tsp or 2 tbs) would've made enough difference I think now to make me completely even.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my results!!! But if I could go back and redo it, I'd tell him my left had always looked bigger to me. And who knows, maybe the difference is so minor he still would've put the same size implant in both. Guess I'll never know.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:56 AM
I'm having the breast time of my life

emysie will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by aerialist View Post
Pre-op: I'm worried I won't like how they turn out- mostly sizing. I like the shape of my current boobs and by no means am close to the 'I hate looking at them/ being naked', but I do want them bigger. I'm worried that my minor dislike for them now may become a huge dislike later and that I'll never even go back to what my originals look like.
Pre-op: Like aerialist I'm worried I won't be happy with how they look after! I like my shape too (even though there is no volume to speak of). It's the lack of guarantee of outcome I guess. And then obviously there's the worry of something going wrong and having to be rectified... what if the implants have to come out at some point and can't be replaced?? What would that look like??? And would it be worse than how I feel about how my current au naturale boobs look now.

Worries that are so out of proportion with reality when you consider that this is so far away from women who have no choice around breast issues (e.g. cancer/reconstruction) and I am beating myself up about feeling like this.

aerialist likes this.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:04 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Post op ladies- name one thing you wish you had done differently, or a regret.

i regret not looking into UHPs more. i would have been able to get the cc amount i wanted, and stay within the BWD and my natural tenting.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 AM

SubbyWife is on a distinguished road
Pre op ladies- name one thing you are worried you'll regret.

I'm worried I will regret size. I want to get 800cc silicones. But I'm worried with my shape/weight they won't be big enough for what I want to look like post op. That's probably my biggest worry, size. I would rather I get them and they look bigger than I want, than have them turn out to be smaller than I want.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:37 AM
1000cc Overs on 11-12-13!!!

kerrbeark is on a distinguished road
Post op:

I wish I would have considered mod+ more instead of being dead set on HP. I am a tall girl with a decent size frame and didnt realize how much my chest would eat up the implants. I now want to get a revision and change to mod+ , internal bra, and bump my 1000cc to at least 1200-1400ccs. I have an almost 3 finger gap between my 800cc hp shell when naked and I hate it.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:38 AM
32D -> ?!?!

Catjlg is on a distinguished road
I wish I would have said slow down. Sometimes it seemed like I got somuch info so fast and I was so excited that it didn't stick. As in I forgot it by the time I got home. For a while I forgot the cc amount for one side. I forgot when to start side sleeping, which I'm soooo ready to do.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 AM

No24 is on a distinguished road
Post-Op

I regret not getting enough information about the process of recovery and what they will look like at different stages. I thought I had enough information but was surprised along the way about what happens with dropping and fluffing, the snoopy boob look, the scarring, the level of activity I would not be able to do for some period of time. I know the information from my PS was good and thorough, and information from my own research, it's just that the experience from ladies who actually had a BA would have been great. I found this site a little late in the process of picking my size, but glad I can see that what I am going through now is normal!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 AM

soul sista1 is on a distinguished road
I regret getting stuck on cc amounts and not being honest with myself. I thought I wanted the look of a D cup, but I really wanted a double D. I got scared when I heard "500 cc's" and immediately thought I need to go smaller. I didnt give myself the opportunity to consider 500+. If I could do it again, I'd jst focus on what I LOOK like in different sizes rather than worry about the amount of cc's.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:55 AM

dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura dogsneverlie has a spectacular aura
Post Op

My situation was a little different than ladies looking for a BA for better sizing, etc - mine was more corrective and my regret is that I didn't think more about the BA; in other words I was so focused on the corrective aspect - I think I wish I had gone with HP - I let my guilt and emotions tied to the cancer get the better of me and I didn't concentrate enough on the cosmetic outcome and I think I should have.

Now I just need to wait and see what I end up with and pray that I just didn't trade one issue for the same issue just with a little bit larger boobs.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Guess I can answer for both sides

Post op:

1. Listened to my surgeon when he suggested 425-450ccs
2. Not been a stubborn brat. I refused to go over 350s
3. I should have listened to my father many years ago when he said "you were born with 2 ears and 1 mouth. Shut your mouth and listen." Should have kept my mouth shut. Sometimes it's best to listen to what the surgeon suggests rather than know exactly what you want let it fly out of your mouth like a Roman candle.

Pre op:

I will listen to every word my surgeon says. I will instantly become brain dead the second I walk into the office. I am the patient, he is the surgeon. He went to medical school and I did not. I'm still worried that I will start doubting the cc amt even though I preach "go for a look, don't focus on the ccs"
Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 AM

beta_boobs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ms.Tanzi View Post
I wish I had gotten a more reliable person to stay with me the first couple days. "Best friend" bailed without even letting me know he was bailing. I made it through by myself though
OMG. What a terrible thing to do! Did you say anything? Glad you made it through ok!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:01 AM

beta_boobs will become famous soon enough
Pre-Op:

I'm worried I'll regret not being more specific about size. We agreed on a full D but I have no idea about ccs like a lot of you ladies seem to. I made it clear that I wanted to look appropriate to my body type and not too big and cartoon-like. I just keep telling myself to trust his judgement.

Last edited by beta_boobs; 03-12-2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Survivor

brokengirl is on a distinguished road
Post Op:
I regret not going under the muscle. I listened to and trusted my PS.

Pre Op:
Yes, doing both! Because I am now faced with replacing my implants due to a leak, displacement, and CC. My fear is I will experience CC again by going over the muscle AGAIN. I fear I will make bad decisions, and possibly choose the wrong PS, due to not being able to travel very easily at this point, and possibly find a PS that I feel 100% comfy with. I had very little fear the first time. I am losing my mind due to fear and lack of trust in my own decision making this time.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:24 PM
march can't come soon enough!

oregon2015 is on a distinguished road
I regret not looking into recovery time and limitation on my activity more. I'm 10 days post op..and recovery has been a lot harder then I thought it would be.I didn't think about the small things like sneezing,coughing,stretching. It all hurts so bad. I know in time I'll be able to do this with ease but man I wish I did more homework!

soul sista1 likes this.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:25 AM

soul sista1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oregon2015 View Post
I regret not looking into recovery time and limitation on my activity more. I'm 10 days post op..and recovery has been a lot harder then I thought it would be.I didn't think about the small things like sneezing,coughing,stretching. It all hurts so bad. I know in time I'll be able to do this with ease but man I wish I did more homework!
Ughh yes the dreaded cough. I felt the need to cough so I could clear my chest (I stopped smoking prior to BA) but it hurt so bad I couldn't bring myself to do it for the first 3days. I kept just kinda clearing my throat but it did nothing for me. I also learned REAL QUICK how much I use my core to do little things. I also didn't consider how high my bed was so I had to send my BF out to get me a stool once I was able to sleep on my bed in a reclined position. And light switches were my enemy for a few days. I'm short so I couldn't turn them on without help for a few days. So SOOOO glad to be passed that part of recovery.
Reply Subscribe