Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question of the Week Question of the week forum

Like Tree55Likes

QOTW- Off Topic March 23

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-23-2015, 07:54 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
QOTW- Off Topic March 23

Question: What are your pet peeves?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:38 PM

Moly370 has a spectacular aura Moly370 has a spectacular aura
stupid people....hahaha

seriously though,

driving yesterday, down a main street I have right of way, guy pulling out of parking lot/condo complex has a stop sign...flips me the bird, as I drive by. I'm sorry was I supposed to slam on my brakes so you could pull in front of me when you have a stop sign and I am just driving. (i.e. stupid person)

not getting a real person when you call for banking/business etc. I really dislike going through 17 press 1 or 2 here prompts when all I really want to do is talk to someone. Usually I will try pressing 0 in most cases will take me to an agent, but sometimes you have to go thru so many prompts

someone parking so close to me you can't get into your car from that door. Or they slam their door into yours and ding it as they get out. Really, I park my car far away from the front doors for a reason, and if you feel the need to get that close to me then you may as well just sit in my lap. (stupid person, again LOL) I respect your property, please respect mine.

Just a few , hehe
Old 03-23-2015, 08:59 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
What brought this one up is one of my pet peeves, food chewing. I don't want to hear you eat or see it. I cannot stand seeing someone chow down on their food. And people who are vocal eaters, making noises in their throat.... I just can't. It makes me loose all desire to eat.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM

beta_boobs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BFH View Post
What brought this one up is one of my pet peeves, food chewing. I don't want to hear you eat or see it. I cannot stand seeing someone chow down on their food. And people who are vocal eaters, making noises in their throat.... I just can't. It makes me loose all desire to eat.
OMG YES. I'm totally with you on this.

One of my biggest pet peeves is parents who let their kids scream in public. Specifically parents who either ignore it like it isn't happening or sweetly say "honey stop" without any real intention of stopping the behavior. I freaking HATE these people. If I pay to go out to dinner or go through the trouble to go shopping without my own kids, I sure as hell don't want to be subjected to hearing yours. If your kid is screaming, it's time for you to leave.

Whooooo. It felt good to get that off my chest =)
Old 03-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Fantastic Mrs. Fox

grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with pp- It's like nails on a chalkboard when I hear loud chewers OR people who talk while they have food in their mouths. Same with bad table manners.

Oh, and younger girls ( like much younger...in their 20's) who call me "Hun" (short for "honey"). There is a sweet girl that works at at a place I always get coffee who can't be older than 21. She calls me "Hun" every time I'm in. "What can I get you, Hun?" "Thanks Hun", etc Drives me nuts.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:30 AM

SubbyWife is on a distinguished road
Other drivers, for sure. I have zero patience for them. People in the northeast drive very aggressively and too fast. Now being in SC, the people here are just plain stupid drivers. I swear they teach them that the left lane is for cruising and the right lane is for passing.

When people interrupt me while I'm talking. I have a few family members and friends that will flat out just interrupt you with something completely unrelated to what you were talking about. (Not just to me, but everyone.) It's extremely disrespectful.

Know-it-alls. My FIL is one. Drives. Me. Insane. There's been multiple occasions where he has tried to tell me info about something going on in my life or hubby's as if HE would know more than us. Like, he will start an argument if you dare tell him he is wrong. He always has some "fact" or "story" about everything.

People who will stand in your way in a store. Especially when they see you there. Like, have some common courtesy people! You're not the only one here, there's no need for you to be in the middle of the aisle blocking everyone else. Frankly, the only reason I should have to say "excuse me" is if you 100% don't see me there.

I could list more, but I'll stop, lol. Ugh, people. This is part of my introverted-ness coming out.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:39 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
im a control freak, so it would be easier to tell you what ARENT my pet peeves
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Feeling Down, Saddle Up

HorsRdr is on a distinguished road
Chewing!!! I shouldn't see or hear food. YUCK

BooBitties and B3lla like this.

Last edited by HorsRdr; 03-24-2015 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Color
Old 03-24-2015, 07:12 AM

MissMarci is on a distinguished road
I really hate when people drag their feet. I was always taught to be assertive and act like a lady. Even if you are shy and completely out of your element, you should walk with a purpose. It drives me crazy to hear shoes slide over the side walk. Rant over. LOL
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 PM

nikiBAE1234 is on a distinguished road
Totally agree with everyone else so far! I must add that one of my biggest pet peeves is people who constantly sniffle. BLOW YOUR STINKIN' NOSE!!!!! I tell the kids I nanny or the kids at the school I work at that they are just sucking the snot and filling their brain with it and that they better stop. Hoping that placing fear in their minds makes them stop

BooBitties, B3lla and cardiac like this.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:45 AM
Be the change

B3lla will become famous soon enough B3lla will become famous soon enough
People who are sick, who still manage to get and about, breathe all over you while they complain about how sick they are, sneeze or cough into their hands right in front of you, and then want to hand you money or a receipt or something covered with their germs! No no no! If you're sick - keep it to yourself!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:03 AM

cardiac is on a distinguished road
People who invade my personal space. Like when you are in the grocery line and the person behind you stands so dang close you can almost feel them breathing on you. Or patients who come to our office and feel like the have to stand or sit half a foot away. I have major personal space issues...lol
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 AM

cardiac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nikiBAE1234 View Post
Totally agree with everyone else so far! I must add that one of my biggest pet peeves is people who constantly sniffle. BLOW YOUR STINKIN' NOSE!!!!! I tell the kids I nanny or the kids at the school I work at that they are just sucking the snot and filling their brain with it and that they better stop. Hoping that placing fear in their minds makes them stop
I am soooo going to do that.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Survivor

brokengirl is on a distinguished road
Touchy one... waited to post, did not want to irk anyone...

Top uber-peeve is misogyny, in all forms. This carries over into religion, which is typically an offshoot of patriarchal societies that have existed since... And that carries over into another uber-peeve, dogmata. And that carries over into another uber-peeve, willful ignorance, and/or ignorance born of avoidable cognitive dissonance. Finally, common courtesy.

As an example of the last one... tonight on the bus home, an older guy got on, and proceeded to watch some movie in a non-English language at top volume. No one said a word to him, because... well, I am assuming that due to those around him were all women, we all felt it was better to let it go than risk our well being due to some possible reaction.

My courtesy is even at my own expense at times. Example: while living in Boston, I stopped at a local convenience store. I had a dozen or so items, and went up to the register. As I got there, two others arrived, each with only a few items. I told them go ahead, no worries, they only had a few things. Thank yous, and all was good. Two more arrived in that time, once again just a few items each. I let them go as well. A gentleman walked up with only two items, and when I tried to let him go first, he said that he had observed my actions with the others, and that he could not in good conscience allow me to wait any longer. He and I chatted while I was checked out by the cashier, and he was completely polite, very sweet guy. This rare event keeps hope alive for me, and I do experience it enough to keep it alive. But, I see others get shunned and worse too often.

Sorry to ramble... pet peeves will do that to me, lol...not very courteous, eh?

BooBitties and normalatlast like this.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:41 PM

normalatlast will become famous soon enough normalatlast will become famous soon enough
One of mine is when my kids/husband open a new ketchup/peanut butter/crackers whatever when there's some left in the old bottle. WTH. Is there something wrong with the old one just bc there's an ounce left? AND they leave the old one in the fridge/cupboard!!!!!

Little pet peeve, I know, I have more serious ones... I'll post them as I think of them.

BooBitties likes this.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:44 PM

normalatlast will become famous soon enough normalatlast will become famous soon enough
OMG this is a big one for me, although I've become more tolerant as I've gotten older. My mom used to eat ice in front of me when I was a teenager, it drove me up the wall but I never said anything, I would just leave the room bc well I was brought up to never question or correct adults!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
THIS!!!!! OH MY GOSH!! I hate the Zaxby's commercials!

Also:

-incredibly slow drivers on roads 45 mph+
-running out of coffee
-having only 1 coke in the fridge
-my husband's breathing. He needs to see a dr. He drives me insane.
-crusty feet. Why? I don't get it
-water left on my hardwood floors...this angers me to no end.
-whiny kids, my son isn't whiny, he just gets silent
-my dog barking at 3 am, 4 am, and 5 am. I just want to sleep!
-the way my husband makes a pb&j. One big BLOB of jelly right smack in the middle of the bread and around the outside edges (seriously? how is this possible?) and about an inch of peanut butter. Ick
-drivers that tailgate
-drivers that do not know the meaning of a "school zone"
-parents in carpool that don't care about their shocks. My son's school has a million speed bumps.
-parents in carpool in general. There should be a carpool etiquette handbook. I will make it! Hahaha!
-dishes left in the sink that have not been rinsed off

I live with all boys. help. SAVE ME.

normalatlast likes this.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by normalatlast View Post
OMG this is a big one for me, although I've become more tolerant as I've gotten older. My mom used to eat ice in front of me when I was a teenager, it drove me up the wall but I never said anything, I would just leave the room bc well I was brought up to never question or correct adults!
Watching my mom eat is the nastiest thing ever. I did not know one could eat carrot raisin salad from Chick-fil-A with a fork, with both hands remaining on the steering wheel, while driving. Apparently it's possible and it involves a lot of tongue. It is just so very gross...

Watching her lick an ice cream cone is just as disgusting.

Now I know why I have a major issue with watching people eat.

normalatlast likes this.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:26 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Lateness.

Sometimes things happen out of our control, it's happened to me even though I left and allowed myself extra time but sometimes there might be a car accident or roadworks.

I absolutely hate it. I will glance at the little clock on my dashboard through the trip to see how I'm going and if I'm making good time.

I also hate to be kept waiting. If we made plans to meet at a certain time then meet me at that time! Or if you know you're running late send me a text before you leave letting me know not just out of courtesy but so I don't worry. 5 - 10 minutes ok but 30 minutes or more with no text or call and I worry something bad has happened. Rant over.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Watching my mom eat is the nastiest thing ever. I did not know one could eat carrot raisin salad from Chick-fil-A with a fork, with both hands remaining on the steering wheel, while driving. Apparently it's possible and it involves a lot of tongue. It is just so very gross...

Watching her lick an ice cream cone is just as disgusting.

Now I know why I have a major issue with watching people eat.
LOL! wow both hands on the wheel really?! She should be in the Guinness book of world records.

Oh God you live with all boys.... I have three boys. When they were all living at home, there were so many gross moments I don't even know where to begin... those were just survival years. Now it's just me, husband, daughter, and youngest son. My house stays incredibly clean now. Hang in there!

BooBitties likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to normalatlast For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe