Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question of the Week Question of the week forum

Like Tree28Likes

QOTW- BA April 6

Reply Subscribe
Old 04-06-2015, 08:29 PM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
QOTW- BA April 6

Question- Did you tell your immediate family? How and when? What was their reaction?

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:33 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
i did! july 4th (DH agreed with a BA that week leading to july 4th) just said 'IM GETTING BOOBIES!!" all supportive and "FINALLY!" LOL

HorsRdr and latin22 like this.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Fantastic Mrs. Fox

grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light grnfox is a glorious beacon of light
I told my mom and she was supportive and excited. She came and helped with my kids for two weeks Apparently she passed that info along to my father who made some sort of comment like, "...makes sense...she never did have much to start with.". Haven't told my bro but he'll figure it out soon enough when we visit our folks who live in Hawaii (we all live in different states).

HorsRdr and texastittys like this.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Survivor

brokengirl is on a distinguished road
I told my parents (long divorced), but only so they would know where to check if I died. I am a survivor of some bad child abuse by my step-father (age 11-15; ran away a few months after 15th b-day), parents ignored my pleas for help, etc so they lost their right to judge/say anything about how I live my life.

Friends that were, effectively, my family... they knew I was considering it, so when I had a surgery date set I told them, and my one friend (with benefits, lol) picked me up, and my "sister" took me for my first post-op. They were all helpful, positive, and great support

soul sista1, HorsRdr and latin22 like this.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:05 PM

newboobies2015 is on a distinguished road
Told my mom her first initial reaction was anger until she heard what the ps said about me having both drooping and sagging now she's supportive and even talking about getting one herself. Brother just looked at me awkwardly I don't think he really cares. My dad was never around for most of my childhood until he recently wanted to be part of my life so I don't feel the need to tell him it would be awkward anyways so I'll just let that one play out. His opinion sadly doesn't matter that much. My grandpa is old school and doesn't understand why I would want to get one. I expected that. My mom told him, definitely wasn't my idea.

HorsRdr and texastittys like this.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:15 AM
I'm having the breast time of my life

emysie will become famous soon enough
I told my mum first and it was before Christmas last year as I had to ask if I could borrow the money to do it! I really wasn't sure how'd she'd react but she was really positive. The only thing she said was 'don't go too big or you'll look silly' but I was expecting something like that as all the women in my family are petite and small-boobed! I haven't directly told my dad but I know my mum has (he hasn't said anything about it to me directly... but this is the kind of relationship I have with my dad).

My mum's sister was also really supportive... she said she'd always wanted bigger breasts but didn't have the inclination to get surgery so she's really excited for me.

I was expecting more negative reactions if I'm honest. I've only had one guy friend who said I didn't need to do it and is a bit anti my decision.

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 AM

russianbeauty will become famous soon enough
I told my mom, but not my dad (he would never get it lol).. she respected my decision nut like any mom thought I didn't need it. She was super worried about general anesthesia, above anything else. Most of my friends do not know either. So i didn't get much support, but I wanted to do that for me, and it didn't bother me much. Everything went super well praying for beautiful and fast healing!

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 AM

marylandgal has room for improvement
I told my parents pretty soon after setting the date. They are both supportive. No problems whatsoever.

Others in my family have had a work done so it was no big deal.

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:19 AM

cindyb24 is on a distinguished road
My son was almost 18 when I go my boobs done, I was worried about how to tell him, my husband told me that it would better if he told him. Now we did not allow our two sons to have texting or smart phones until they turned 18 (Something my oldest son later thanked me for, teenaged girls are vicious with a smart phone) Anyway my son is comping at the bit to finally get his new phone. It was a Sunday just got back with him at a family function his birthday is two weeks away the BA is Tuesday, he is begging my husband to got shopping for a phone and will not let up, my husband was tired and he was not getting the phone before his birthday. My son would not let up, my husband was in the kitchen cooking diner and my son kept coming in with yet another argument why we should get it today. Finally my son said, "You know Dad you are really weirding me out!" My husband's reply, "Ok Smartass you want to be weirded out?! On tuesday morning you mother is getting a great augmentation! Now you can be weirded out!"

The poor kid went sheet white and shot out the kitchen door calling his brother who was off at college at the time bouncing around the back yard like a pinball machine! I heard the whole thing sitting on the couch with a pillow on my face to contain my laughter. My husband walks in "Well I told him." I commented how glad I was that he handled it on such a sensitive manner. "I'm giving guy that way!"

HorsRdr, Jpchk and PorcelainPeach like this.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:58 AM

monimarie is on a distinguished road
I told my mom and at first she said I was crazy lol but I told her I wasn't blessed like her and my sister lol so she said whatever makes me happy... Wasn't going to tell anyone else until my sister in laws suprised me at my house on their way to vegas and they saw my rice sizers so I had to tell... My husbands family took care of my kids for my surgery day and after

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:12 AM

jerkzilla is on a distinguished road
I told my sister right away and my mom a couple days after I scheduled the surgery, both were happy for me and know itis something I have wanted for a long time.. Also told my gym family (I'm sure they would notice anyways!!) LOL and they were all supportive.

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 AM

SubbyWife is on a distinguished road
Well my husband was the first person I discussed any of it with, obviously. At first (back before kids when we were like 20yo) he was 100% against it. After kids and my body changing and listening to me whine about them so much, he became 100% supportive.

I told my Mom and sister who were supportive, my sis had already had a BA. I never really talked with my Dad about it because I knew my Mo would pass along the info. I told my MIL and SIL about it. MIL was 100% supportive and so happy and excited for me. SIL didn't understand why I wanted to do it, but she's also 5'2' 95lbs and a natural 30F/G/H (somewhere around there.) She also hasn't had kids that have changed her body, so I didn't expect her to really understand. But she was supportive of what would make me happy.

I'm sure my husband's whole extended family knows because his family doesn't know how to keep things private. But that's ok. They're very supportive people.

HorsRdr likes this.

Last edited by SubbyWife; 04-07-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: my potty mouth, lol
Old 04-07-2015, 08:58 AM

SapphireOrchid is on a distinguished road
I told my friends and family when I started looking at PS that I was getting my boobs done. Most of them were excited, some were worried about surgery/anesthesia but still supportive. Well, except my grandma lol she doesn't want to know the date because she said her blood pressure won't handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HorsRdr likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:07 AM

Peachette is on a distinguished road
I didn't tell anyone (except my fiancé) until after the surgery. I had told a few girlfriends that I was going on a consultation but I think they thought that was just for fun and that I wasn't really serious! Getting a BA was something I wanted for a long time, for me and I was afraid people would talk me out of it. I only told my mom and some girlfriends. My parents are divorced. It has to be noticeable but nobody says anything. They don't ask, I don't tell!

sweetgirl29 and HorsRdr like this.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Be the change

B3lla will become famous soon enough B3lla will become famous soon enough
Only my hubby knows if anyone else brings it up in the future I won't deny it. But until that day comes, ignorance is bliss!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:43 AM

BrunetteBelle is on a distinguished road
The only family I've told is my sister, and that was after the surgery. She was amazed and just jealous lol. I have no intention of telling my mom, she's super judgmental even though she will swear she's not. She will spout off with something along the lines of, "Idk why anyone would want to do that to their body" and put down the girls doing it, but then talks about how big hers are. ALL the time. And I just have no intention of telling my dad..
I only told 2 coworkers and a few choice friends. It was a friend of mine who went to Florida with me and took care of me after surgery.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Feeling Down, Saddle Up

HorsRdr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by B3lla View Post
Only my hubby knows if anyone else brings it up in the future I won't deny it. But until that day comes, ignorance is bliss!

I agree with this but I do have three great friends/relatives I've also told. All good things from them. The others will just have to deal.

B3lla likes this.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
I told my DH and my 4 boys. Other than them, no family. My parents are both passed away. I saw no reason to tell my sibs. If they've figured it out, they've never said anything. Didn't affect our relationship - we're fairly close but we don't pry into each others personal business. I would never, ever say anything to my DH's family. No reason to tell them, either. We got along well before my BA, and it hasn't changed. None of these people are judgemental. I really don't think they'd have much to say. So while I didn't try to hide it, I also didn't see any point to bringing it up.

Slinky
Old 05-09-2015, 04:49 PM

vancouverxo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BFH View Post
Question- Did you tell your immediate family? How and when? What was their reaction?
I have told my parents, brother, boyfriend, and like 3 close friends.. I am trying to keep it to myself as much as possible. Simply because I am not interested in hearing people's opinions about something that is SO personal to me, especially when I am paying for it myself and I am old enough to make this decision on my own.

Of course once my surgery is done, I won't be denying the fact that I got them done, I will just explain that I wanted it to be something personal. I think it definitely depends a lot on your personality type and how you are as a person. I tend to be very private with my personal life to begin with.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:44 PM

KikiV is on a distinguished road
I told my step mom via text message because it was impossible to find the right time in person. She was supportive and offered to help. I've talked to my sister about it to ask who she used and get advice. My best friend, my husband and that's all. Ive been wearing inserts and a super VS demi bra since i weaned my 2 year old. I doubt most people will notice. I'm not too concerned if they do or don't. I just want to be happy and not have to stuff my bra.
Reply Subscribe