Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Skin Care Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Skin Care Forum Discuss skin care, products used on the skin, skin conditions such as acne, etc, here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lana Vanilla
  • 2 Post By Aleastra
  • 1 Post By Bongodrums

Surge of Acne?

Old 04-14-2016, 09:34 AM

writeroflight will become famous soon enough
Surge of Acne?

Did anyone else have a surge of acne after their BA?

I'm a little over 2 wks post op and I'm experiencing some pretty heavy acne all of a sudden. And not just on my face. I wonder if it's my body detoxing from all the drugs of surgery and after (even though I haven't taken anything in almost a week)?

Anyone else experience this?

Oh and I also developed a rash on my back (between my shoulder blades) a couple days ago that I have no idea what that could be from other than a heat rash (but those don't usually last a few days).

So yeah....my skin is all jacked up right now! =/
Old 04-14-2016, 01:29 PM

Lana Vanilla is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm sorry you're experiencing skin troubles. As to the face acne I can say that I also had a sudden increase in degree of implemished skin, I was considering going to the dermatologist. Then I noticed that my daily routine may be the source: first putting on scar treatment cream, then facial cream, both twice a day. After changing the sequence to facial cream first, then scar cream, my skin has become way better. I don't know if you're using scar treatment cream - if so, then this may be something to consider

writeroflight likes this.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:30 PM

Aleastra is on a distinguished road
Yes I did but I've acne anyways, to help detox my skin I did Epsom salt 2cups and 1 cup baking soda in water as hot as you can stand about 4inches deep in the bath tub and soaked for 20min daily for a week. It helped mine.

writeroflight and GMSBA like this.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:46 PM

writeroflight will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lana Vanilla View Post
Hi, I'm sorry you're experiencing skin troubles. As to the face acne I can say that I also had a sudden increase in degree of implemished skin, I was considering going to the dermatologist. Then I noticed that my daily routine may be the source: first putting on scar treatment cream, then facial cream, both twice a day. After changing the sequence to facial cream first, then scar cream, my skin has become way better. I don't know if you're using scar treatment cream - if so, then this may be something to consider
Nope not using anything. I haven't changed my facial routine at all.
I use a mild cleanser to wash off makeup and a light moisturizer (oil free). That's it. And I've only worn makeup about 5 times since my surgery, so you'd think it would be better than ever...LOL!

Originally Posted by Aleastra
Yes I did but I've acne anyways, to help detox my skin I did Epsom salt 2cups and 1 cup baking soda in water as hot as you can stand about 4inches deep in the bath tub and soaked for 20min daily for a week. It helped mine.
I'll have to try that once I'm cleared to take baths again. I usually take those detox baths when I feel like I'm coming down with something, not to improve my skin. Great idea. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:05 PM

owlet is on a distinguished road
I had an increase in breakouts on my face after my BA but I know it was because I slacked on my skincare routine because of being tired, or on narcotics haha. But lately I've been noticing breakouts on my chest and bra strap areas. I've been washing my bras regularly but maybe having to wear them to sleep in also is causing it? Who knows. I think your detox theory sounds possible too!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:11 PM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
It's likely from the antibiotics. Your inner ecosystem is out of balance due to all the good bacteria being killed off. Yogurt, kefir, and kombuha!!

owlet likes this.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:13 AM

Hithere123 is on a distinguished road
Aloe vera gel really helped reduce my scars!
Old 03-26-2022, 04:56 PM

MarellaKonyo is on a distinguished road
I used Korean bb creams for acne. It serves as a good combination of moisturizer, base SPF, concealer, primer. This beautiful product was originally produced in Germany as an all-in-one cream. Choose a Korean BB cream with high moisturizing properties. Hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, and ceramides perfectly moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated for a long time. Enough moisture in the skin will help prevent the appearance of acne.