Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Surgical Travel

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Travel This forum is for discussing traveling for surgery.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cherry.Pie
  • 1 Post By butterflykelsey

BANGKOK in 1 day, scared!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:41 AM

lulu =) is on a distinguished road
BANGKOK in 1 day, scared!

Hi all, I was just wondering if there was anyone else going to be in Thailand for their BA between Oct 30 - Nov 6... ?? I'm going over by myself (from New Zealand!) tomorrow, the 30th and would love to meet / speak to anyone over there the same time as me. Starting to get a little terrified!!! :-(

Xxx
Lulu
Old 01-09-2016, 10:53 PM

kiwi75 is on a distinguished road
hi.. i know its been a long time for you since you got your BA.. but i am starting to plan a trip to Thailand for mine and would love to know how it went for you. are you still happy with them?
Old 01-10-2016, 02:43 AM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kiwi75 View Post
hi.. i know its been a long time for you since you got your BA.. but i am starting to plan a trip to Thailand for mine and would love to know how it went for you. are you still happy with them?
The Member lulu has not been on the forum since 2014 so she may not reply, maybe some other ladies will see your post and be able to help, or you could start your own thread.

kiwi75 likes this.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:12 PM

butterflykelsey is on a distinguished road
I've been there I absolutely loved Thailand. I had a dental holiday in Bangkok last 2014 for my implants at Thantakit International. I was very satisfied with it and I'm sure that dental procedures, breast surgery and other medical treatments done in Bangkok are awesome, as long as you pick the most reputable one with first rate facilities. My gay friend had his BA there and they look totally amazing. I'm also planning of having it done there late this year. Still gathering the funds. Intensive research will surely help!

kiwi75 likes this.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:13 PM

kiwi75 is on a distinguished road
i had found a surgeon here in NZ that did BA's cheaper.. but from everything i can find on him, he is not board certified.. every surgeon that the company i will be using IS board certified...
i was told to have a look at all the ladyboys over there, and they look incredible..
am starting to get excited again now. a couple of years ago i was planning on going with my sister, but plans got stalled then cancelled... i hate my boobs how they are.. i dont want BIG just full
i tried the rice test the other night, what a laugh, me and my hubby were cracking up. if its any kind of accurate i will be looking at between 250 and 350cc.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:29 PM

Bet5 is on a distinguished road
Hi, does anyone recommend restored beauty getaways Thailand? Was it is good experience and are you happy with your results?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:40 AM

emmasaf is on a distinguished road
I haven’t checked with Restore Beauty Gateways yet. But my friend got her BA done in Thailand last year and the result was amazing. Check out Bangkok Plastic Surgery Clinic or search the name of Dr. Pichet Rodchareon for more information on his specialties. It’s where my friend went for her surgery and she highly recommended to me.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Sarahbeam is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lulu =) View Post
Hi all, I was just wondering if there was anyone else going to be in Thailand for their BA between Oct 30 - Nov 6... ?? I'm going over by myself (from New Zealand!) tomorrow, the 30th and would love to meet / speak to anyone over there the same time as me. Starting to get a little terrified!!! :-(

Xxx
Lulu
I used to live there, you will be super fine, it's such a nice country, dont worry my dear!
which clinic are u going?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 AM

scarlettp4 is on a distinguished road
Hi girls! I’m a newbie here and I’m doing research on BA surgery in Thailand. Anyone can recommend top Thai surgeons to check out? Are these clinics hospitals are still the leading for plastic surgery in Thailand; Bumrunrad Hospital, Yanhee Hospital, PAI Cosmetic and Bangkok Plastic Surgery? Appreciate the help and thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:22 AM

Kitten996 is on a distinguished road
Advice after BA in China

I know this is a super old thread, but I recently traveled to China to a well known plastic surgery hospital to get my BA and one big thing I stupidly didn’t think of is that in certain countries, certain drugs are prohibited. That means I was withering in pain in China post op, wishing I was in my great home of America where they could load me up on Valium and Opiates (I had a tough recovery). In China they don’t even sell Ibuprofen or other common over the counter drugs we are used to. So make sure you stock up on pain meds before traveling. Another issue I had was just the culture difference in general. Asia and America have starkly different high/low context cultures. Americans like to get to the point, we like to use direct, verbal communication where Asian countries rely a lot on indirect communication, they talk around the point and don’t necessarily give you the “STRAIGHT TO THE POINT” answer you are looking for lol. For example you can ask them how long till I get stitches out and they will say “oh it’ll heal soon and we’ll see.” You also have to understand that in countries such as these, they tend to also bargain the price. It’s a starkly different reality than in the states where we never really do that, especially in a HOSPTIAL on something as serious as your boobs. If they see you are a foreigner, I guarentee you that the price will go up. They will try to talk you into getting the most expensive procedure done, saying how the materials in this implant are “the best” and “made in germany/america/etc” or that you need the tear drop shape which an extra $1000 but “highly recommended!” I am a Chinese American, my mom was born and raised in China so she has exposed me to a lot of this. I ended up getting my implants and rhinoplasty for a little over $5,000 from the original stated price of $7,500. So a big tip is to not take the price for face value, tell them you saw it somewhere else for less. Again, the cultures are different. In the states, it would be seen as rude, but in Asia, bargaining is an extremely common practice. They will try to make as much money off of you as possible, that’s just the way it goes. When I went to get my stitches removed, I traveled to a different part of China. I went to a legitimate hospital and the amount of people swarming around in there was ridiculous. No lines, no waiting, just chaos. People just trying to get in to see the doctor, even if that meant barging in and interrupting the doctor who is with another patient. I kid you not. We ended up paying a nurse $100 (about $15 usd) under the table for her to bump us up in line and see the doctor without having to wait. Another issue I had was communicating with the doctors. I cannot speak Chinese but I can understand it. So it’s pretty nerve wracking when you’re 6 days post op and the doctor is coming in to crank on your sore ass arms and you can’t tell them to slow their roll or explain to them your pain. Another disadvantage is you don’t really know what you’re getting EXACTLY, like translated from their language into english. So how will you do research when you get home? The methods they do are different as well, my ps in china instructed me NOT to massage while everyone else in the US was instructed to massage. So basically, take caution when recieving advice from people who have gotten their surgery done in a different country because the methods they use are different. I will say that the way ps did my ba they did not need to “drop” or “settle.” He did my ba and after a week, when I was able to take my bandages off they looked pretty damn near perfect. He told me that the method he used they would not need to “drop” that they were placed where they would stay but they look more and more natural as time went on. Another thing to really consider if you’re going to travel is where you will be staying, who will be accompanying you, and to know ahead of time the restaurants/places you can order food near by. It really depends on your recovery. I watched youtube videos of girls saying they felt completely normal after day 3 post op and others saying it took a week, 2 weeks even a month. I personally, took about a week to recover. For the first four days I was in agonizing pain. Couldn’t use the bathroom by myself, get out of bed, eat by myself or do much or anything. I luckily stayed at the plastic surgery hospital where a nurse would literally pull down my pants so I could pee. If you are in as much pain as I was, you will definitely want to stay in a hospital and have someone you can count on to look after you. While it was nice to have a nurse come in and check on you and ask if you needed anything, I probably asked my mom who came with me, to fluff my pillow, move me slightly, get me a bottle of water, put up my hair, scratch my neck about a thosusand times. You will want to make sure you have your sleeping arrangements figured out ahead of time. You wont have your nice recliner you are used to at home or your favorite bedroom pillows thousands of miles away. Come prepared. They will ask that you sleep at a 45 degree angle. When I got to my hotel after leaving the hospital, I was horrified to find the softiest, fluffliest pillows you could imagine. I used four and would still sink into laying almost flat. This meant my back was sore everyday without the support, and I struggled to get out of bed in the morning. I eventually learned to stack my clothes under both arms to elevate them, roll up my robe to put under my knees to take pressure off my lower back and use my travel neck pillow.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:54 PM

pocketwifieafe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kitten996 View Post
I know this is a super old thread, but I recently traveled to China to a well known plastic surgery hospital to get my BA and one big thing I stupidly didn’t think of is that in certain countries, certain drugs are prohibited. That means I was withering in pain in China post op, wishing I was in my great home of America where they could load me up on Valium and Opiates (I had a tough recovery). In China they don’t even sell Ibuprofen or other common over the counter drugs we are used to. So make sure you stock up on pain meds before traveling. Another issue I had was just the culture difference in general. Asia and America have starkly different high/low context cultures. Americans like to get to the point, we like to use direct, verbal communication where Asian countries rely a lot on indirect communication, they talk around the point and don’t necessarily give you the “STRAIGHT TO THE POINT” answer you are looking for lol. For example you can ask them how long till I get stitches out and they will say “oh it’ll heal soon and we’ll see.” You also have to understand that in countries such as these, they tend to also bargain the price. It’s a starkly different reality than in the states where we never really do that, especially in a HOSPTIAL on something as serious as your boobs. If they see you are a foreigner, I guarentee you that the price will go up. They will try to talk you into getting the most expensive procedure done, saying how the materials in this implant are “the best” and “made in germany/america/etc” or that you need the tear drop shape which an extra $1000 but “highly recommended!” I am a Chinese American, my mom was born and raised in China so she has exposed me to a lot of this. I ended up getting my implants and rhinoplasty for a little over $5,000 from the original stated price of $7,500. So a big tip is to not take the price for face value, tell them you saw it somewhere else for less. Again, the cultures are different. In the states, it would be seen as rude, but in Asia, bargaining is an extremely common practice. They will try to make as much money off of you as possible, that’s just the way it goes. When I went to get my stitches removed, I traveled to a different part of China. I went to a legitimate hospital and the amount of people swarming around in there was ridiculous. No lines, no waiting, just chaos. People just trying to get in to see the doctor, even if that meant barging in and interrupting the doctor who is with another patient. I kid you not. We ended up paying a nurse $100 (about $15 usd) under the table for her to bump us up in line and see the doctor without having to wait. Another issue I had was communicating with the doctors. I cannot speak Chinese but I can understand it. So it’s pretty nerve wracking when you’re 6 days post op and the doctor is coming in to crank on your sore ass arms and you can’t tell them to slow their roll or explain to them your pain. Another disadvantage is you don’t really know what you’re getting EXACTLY, like translated from their language into english. So how will you do research when you get home? The methods they do are different as well, my ps in china instructed me NOT to massage while everyone else in the US was instructed to massage. So basically, take caution when recieving advice from people who have gotten their surgery done in a different country because the methods they use are different. I will say that the way ps did my ba they did not need to “drop” or “settle.” He did my ba and after a week, when I was able to take my bandages off they looked pretty damn near perfect. He told me that the method he used they would not need to “drop” that they were placed where they would stay but they look more and more natural as time went on. Another thing to really consider if you’re going to travel is where you will be staying, who will be accompanying you, and to know ahead of time the restaurants/places you can order food near by. It really depends on your recovery. I watched youtube videos of girls saying they felt completely normal after day 3 post op and others saying it took a week, 2 weeks even a month. I personally, took about a week to recover. For the first four days I was in agonizing pain. Couldn’t use the bathroom by myself, get out of bed, eat by myself or do much or anything. I luckily stayed at the plastic surgery hospital where a nurse would literally pull down my pants so I could pee. If you are in as much pain as I was, you will definitely want to stay in a hospital and have someone you can count on to look after you. While it was nice to have a nurse come in and check on you and ask if you needed anything, I probably asked my mom who came with me, to fluff my pillow, move me slightly, get me a bottle of water, put up my hair, scratch my neck about a thosusand times. You will want to make sure you have your sleeping arrangements figured out ahead of time. You wont have your nice recliner you are used to at home or your favorite bedroom pillows thousands of miles away. Come prepared. They will ask that you sleep at a 45 degree angle. When I got to my hotel after leaving the hospital, I was horrified to find the softiest, fluffliest pillows you could imagine. I used four and would still sink into laying almost flat. This meant my back was sore everyday without the support, and I struggled to get out of bed in the morning. I eventually learned to stack my clothes under both arms to elevate them, roll up my robe to put under my knees to take pressure off my lower back and use my travel neck pillow.
Going back, do you think it was worth it? Saving on money and then having this freaky experience?
How long ago was your operation?

Thanks for sharing this experience
Old 08-06-2018, 10:53 AM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
That sounds like an awful experience!!! Luckily, I am close to one of the best plastic surgeons in the US!!