Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Surgical Travel

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Travel This forum is for discussing traveling for surgery.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Qoreangirl
  • 1 Post By PetrolHead
  • 1 Post By joyful

How long did you stay post op

Old 12-31-2016, 12:33 PM

Permagrin1 is on a distinguished road
How long did you stay post op

I'm traveling from spokane, wa to San Diego for dr pousti. I'm scheduled for pre-op on a Tuesday,have surgery Wednesday. I think I'm going to try and schedule the following week off after if I can but my bf will be accompanying me and can't take that much time off. I feel like I should stay til the Monday after for a post op. Ill be on day 5 post op. I just think Friday or post op day 2 is to soon to tell if there are any problems. And by problems I mean like an infection or something. Aesthetically I realize they will be weird for a bit. Lol. How long did you stay post op. And how soon will I know when everything is fine?

Permagrin1's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-31-2016, 01:51 PM

Qoreangirl is on a distinguished road
I had gotten my surgery on a Tuesday and went back the following Monday. I made it through the day considering I was still not 100%. It all is up to ur body. I feel like I healed really slow. I'm much better now. I think I started feeling normalish around 3 weeks.

Permagrin1 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Qoreangirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 02:54 PM

PetrolHead is on a distinguished road
I traveled from the UK to see Dr Revis; had surgery on the Monday and flew home the Friday evening. I managed okay with this, booking business class and airport assistance for the journey home.

Permagrin1 likes this.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:37 PM

joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura joyful has a spectacular aura
I am a red head (well, I was when I was young) and a lot of people with my fair freckled skin and hair colour tend to bleed easier and have a lower pain threshold than others- so I am different than a lot of women

We drove 3 hours the day before my surgery, stayed at a hotel, I had an early surgery the next morning, and was soooo happy we booked the hotel for a second night. it was a rough night, but by morning I felt much better and could eat a bit. The drive home was ok, what I remember about it, anyways

I was prescribed 2 doses of post op antibiotics, and something for pain when I left the clinic. I had no post op complications

good luck and congratulations. J.

Permagrin1 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to joyful For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
I got a quote from Dr Pousti's office and it said I had to stay 5 - 7 nights post surgery.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:50 AM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
i flew from Boston to Miami to see Dr Krau and stayed until day 5 Post OP. I had the Uber driver lift my bags in and out of the car and did curbside check-in. ( I was alone) I also booked a nonstop, priority seating, with early boarding and extra room. I was exhausted from all the walking and just the traveling in general but otherwise was fine to travel.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:36 PM

trueblue92 is on a distinguished road
I only stayed one night and then returned home. Travelling was tough but it was worth being home in my own bed.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:21 PM

iwantboobies22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BarbiePink View Post
i flew from Boston to Miami to see Dr Krau and stayed until day 5 Post OP. I had the Uber driver lift my bags in and out of the car and did curbside check-in. ( I was alone) I also booked a nonstop, priority seating, with early boarding and extra room. I was exhausted from all the walking and just the traveling in general but otherwise was fine to travel.
I know this isn't my post but I have a question for you. You've posted on one of my questions before about Dr. Krau and I'm wondering where you stayed during your recovery? And, honestly about an average price of what you paid for the extra accommodations? (hotel, nurse, assistance with flying)
Old 01-27-2017, 01:35 PM

hawaii89 is on a distinguished road
3 Days

I traveled for my surgery as well and asked my Patient Coordinator what worked best. Because my PS utilizes drains for fluids and takes out the armpit stitches three days post op, that is what was recommended.
I had my surgery on January 11th. My boyfriend and I flew in that morning, had the surgery and we flew back home on January 14th in the evening.

(Also, my PS does routine visits to my town every other Tuesday so that may be something to take into consideration.)
Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM

CNL2317 is on a distinguished road
I know this is kind of old but I'm staying 6 days. if I need to I can see my PS the morning before I go home... from what others have said he may remove bandages/stitches then anyway?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:06 AM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CNL2317 View Post
I know this is kind of old but I'm staying 6 days. if I need to I can see my PS the morning before I go home... from what others have said he may remove bandages/stitches then anyway?
stitches would need to stay in much longer than one day post op but it's common to use disolvable stitched that don't need to be removed. One day PO, they checked my incisions to see how they were doing, checked my lovely bruising, and gave me some post op instructions ( clearly I was out of it when I left after surgery, lol)
Old 03-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Iheartshoes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cupcake85 View Post
I got a quote from Dr Pousti's office and it said I had to stay 5 - 7 nights post surgery.
He's my doctor and I'm scheduled for surgery 4/27 and am flying home on 5/5. I gave myself extra time as well as what he recommended.

Iheartshoes's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Permagrin1 View Post
I'm traveling from spokane, wa to San Diego for dr pousti. I'm scheduled for pre-op on a Tuesday,have surgery Wednesday. I think I'm going to try and schedule the following week off after if I can but my bf will be accompanying me and can't take that much time off. I feel like I should stay til the Monday after for a post op. Ill be on day 5 post op. I just think Friday or post op day 2 is to soon to tell if there are any problems. And by problems I mean like an infection or something. Aesthetically I realize they will be weird for a bit. Lol. How long did you stay post op. And how soon will I know when everything is fine?
I stayed seven full days after surgery. I also arrive three days prior to surgery making that a total of 10 days. One thing to consider also is the time zone and altitude of the place you're going to. If it's different from where you live you may want to give yourself a few days prior to surgery to acclimate to the new conditions.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 PM

Rachelamore is on a distinguished road
I had my surgery on a Thursday and left on Tuesday. I travelled alone and was pretty fine tbh. I must admit I was pretty lucky I wasn't in much pain. It could've been a complete disaster
Old 06-17-2017, 06:56 AM

etio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BarbiePink View Post
Hey!
I am 19 and have been looking to get breast augmentation for a while. I live in Mexico and my parents told me that if I wanted to get it done in the U.S. it would be fine, but I had to travel by myself because they are very busy people. I can take of myself really well and travel by myself most of the time, so I am used to doing this by myself. Do you think he would be ok with that?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:37 AM
No dull moments or dull men tolerated <3

blondeoverblue is on a distinguished road
I'm planning to return home on the third day after my surgery. It is a direct flight and I requested wheelchair service so I'm hoping I'll be ok as long as someone will help me put my super light bag up for me.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Be strong, ladies!

JennyEden will become famous soon enough
I travelled for both of my breast augs and each time i stayed for about 4 nights (including surgery day). I was ok to fly home by then.