Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Surgical Travel

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Travel This forum is for discussing traveling for surgery.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Valkyri
  • 1 Post By Moly370
  • 1 Post By Valkyri
  • 3 Post By puggle

Canadians travelling to Dr Revis: Did you declare your boobs at customs?

Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Valkyri is on a distinguished road
Canadians travelling to Dr Revis: Did you declare your boobs at customs?

I'm planning on going to see Dr Revis for revision in the fall, and I live in Canada. I like to be totally honest with customs officials both going and coming, so technically when I'm coming home I'd have to tell them that I purchased something in excess of $10 000 USD. This means I may have to pay duty on them! Did anyone else declare their new boobs (lol) and if so, what was the result?

Also, I'm planning on paying cash for the procedure so I'd have to declare the amount of cash I have on me going into the States. It would be inconsistent not to declare the purchase on the way home. Like I said, I like to be completely honest. Customs officials are terrifying.

Moly370 likes this.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:17 PM

Moly370 has a spectacular aura Moly370 has a spectacular aura
I think you can put the money on a preloaded visa then it is not cash, but revis would have to accept visa as payment. Or maybe pay half in advance on a credit card?

Iím not sure about the declaring boobs, I would call Canada borders and ask personally...then you know going in advance

Moni likes this.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Moly370 View Post
I think you can put the money on a preloaded visa then it is not cash, but revis would have to accept visa as payment. Or maybe pay half in advance on a credit card?

Iím not sure about the declaring boobs, I would call Canada borders and ask personally...then you know going in advance
Iím trying to avoid using my credit card. But a prepaid card could work, if Revis accepts them. Also calling Canada Customs to find out about declaring surgery is a good idea! Thanks!

Moly370 likes this.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:57 PM

b00bs2018 is on a distinguished road
What did customs say? I'll be traveling to Miami for surgery.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:36 PM
BaBusty Bras DD-H cups

Moni is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Valkyri View Post
I'm planning on going to see Dr Revis for revision in the fall, and I live in Canada. I like to be totally honest with customs officials both going and coming, so technically when I'm coming home I'd have to tell them that I purchased something in excess of $10 000 USD. This means I may have to pay duty on them! Did anyone else declare their new boobs (lol) and if so, what was the result?

Also, I'm planning on paying cash for the procedure so I'd have to declare the amount of cash I have on me going into the States. It would be inconsistent not to declare the purchase on the way home. Like I said, I like to be completely honest. Customs officials are terrifying.
Long way to travel babe!
You going on recommendation?
Old 03-05-2018, 07:47 PM

puggle is on a distinguished road
Not a lawyer, but...

Im almost certain you donít need to declare your internal medical devices, but if you did, the value would not include the installation fee...

Be careful carrying cash. If there is any way to avoid it, do that. Theft is not unheard of, and even if you do everything right, itís possible you will have your cash held for much longer than youíd like by the authorities.

Linaki, Valkyri and NJGal like this.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Interesting.As it turns out, the balance of the surgery has to be paid two weeks ahead of time anyway, so I won't be taking a huge wad of cash after all. Probably not a good idea to do that, as you said.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:52 AM

Maximom is on a distinguished road
personally, I'd never volunteer information, especially about my implants.If they don't ask specifically about implants, I'm sure not gonna tell them.

Its good that you won't be carrying a lot of cash. Your credit card should cover most all of your expenses. Of course some cash is handy for little stuff.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Kamo is on a distinguished road
Just for anyone else thinking of doing something similar - you can use something called a visa debit card and load your cash onto it, and then just withdraw that cash over the border without as many of the associated fees (as its your money, not loan money) you just get the joy of a chip that allows international transfers!

Kamo's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-19-2018, 08:08 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I found this post on here about this very thing..... https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...our-new-boobs/
Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 AM

frenchiemom is on a distinguished road
Heck NO! Nobody's business. It is mainly a service being purchased, You don't tell them about spa trips so you don't say anything about surgery, Best of Luck!!