Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Surgical Travel

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Travel This forum is for discussing traveling for surgery.

No Post op appointments?!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:09 AM

Implantcurious is on a distinguished road
No Post op appointments?!

Hey!
First time poster here. So I am travelling for my BA in 8 weeks to Madrid and I'm so exciting +keep thinking of questions to ask my surgeon. One that came up is how many days do I need to stay for a post op appointment? Well the answer was two days close proximity but other than that if things go well I don't need a post op.. I mean what? Is this normal for abroad BA. I will be having a subfacials with dissolvable sutures so won't need stitches removing etc or drains, can anyone put my mind at ease?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 07:57 AM

sweetiepie25 is on a distinguished road
I'm also travelling for surgery and had the same concern. My PS assured me that frequent phone calls and emailing his office progress pictures would be my past-op appointments, d would let him tell easily how everything is going at home. Maybe you're surgeon does something similar to this? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 AM

Implantcurious is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sweetiepie25 View Post
I'm also travelling for surgery and had the same concern. My PS assured me that frequent phone calls and emailing his office progress pictures would be my past-op appointments, d would let him tell easily how everything is going at home. Maybe you're surgeon does something similar to this? Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Aw thanks for your reply, where are you travelling to? At least we're not alone in having no post ops, makes me kind of nervous that I have to guess how my healing is going. I'm gonna email across now but I think they will be sick of me by the time of my surgery haha! Thanks x
Old 02-18-2018, 04:02 PM

konaloa is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat! I'm staying for two weeks but then everything after that will be via email/photos/phone call.