Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Surgical Travel

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Travel This forum is for discussing traveling for surgery.

ORLANDO PEOPLE!? Recommendations!

Old 06-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Kamo is on a distinguished road
Talking ORLANDO PEOPLE!? Recommendations!

Hi guys!
So I am needing a revision due to CC, yada yada... I'm going back to Revis, and he is in Fort Lauderdale - but we want to make the most of it, and take the kids, do the theme parks...

So I Googled, and it looks like Orlando has the most theme parks (within realistic vicinity). BUT BY GOSH! The Four Seasons was like $1200 per night! What! Can anyone recommend me a nice 5* resort/hotel in the area where the kids and daddy can go to the theme parks while I just sit in my hotel room and watch Netflix?? We will probably spend 1-2 days in fort lauderdale for the surgery, then drive over to Orlando... or another option is to find a place to stay somewhere in between and just drive either way as wanted/needed... but I would rather the kids were able to just walk down the street with hubby whenever they wanted, exhaust themselves, come back and relax...

Anyone been to Orlando?

Kamo's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 PM

dja2014 is on a distinguished road
Whats your price range ? Gaylord palms is one of my favorites to stay. Also anything on disney such as swan and dolphin, grand Floridian, yacht club and Polynesian are a few good ones as well.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:02 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
It's been a long time since we took our kids to Orlando but I know there are lots of places with lazy rivers, waterslides, mini golf, etc. right there on the property to keep your kids worn out. Here is a site I found that lists some of them https://www.tripsavvy.com/orlando-ho...rivers-3267198 I hope this helps some.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Price range... we are staying for probably 9-10 nights, so I would like not to be paying more than $400 USD a night, but I did find the Universal Aventura - I think it only opens in August, so obviously probably not too many reviews... what is Universal park like in itself? I will check out Disney's other resorts and the trip savvy website too! Thank you!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-22-2018, 06:48 PM

Imperial is on a distinguished road
How old are the kiddos? Animal Kingdom at Disney has rooms with a direct view of the wildlife exhibits, and IIRC, itís nowhere near $1200/night.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-04-2018, 04:34 PM

They are 4 and 6! Or 5 & 7 by the time we probably actually get over there. I will definitely look up Animal Kingdom - they would love that! Thank you!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-15-2018, 02:09 PM

Annabelle03 is on a distinguished road
Theme park/ hotel packages

If you call Universal Orlando, they have parks and hotel packages making it more affordable and enjoyable! I used to work at Lowe's Portofino Bay by Universal. Awesome resort! Lowe's has, I think 5 or 6 properties to choose from now. You can do the same with Disney resorts. Packages are the way to go! If you stay at one, you can very easily visit the other parks from the resorts. They are about 20-30 minutes apart.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:50 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
With kiddos that young, I'd stay at a theme hotel, something they can truly enjoy! 5 star places are nice, but if I were 4-6 yrs old, I'd hide from my parents because that would be the only thing fun to do! Fun for me, not for them.

The Ritz is under $400 usd, everything looks boring and your kiddos will be in oatmeal land. Seriously, it's all so beige (gotta think like a kid!).

When is your revision?

I haven't looked at Disney area hotels in a few years. I took my son when he was 6 - most expensive 4 days ever. We stayed at one of those stuffy all beige hotels and my back hated me! I wish I could remember exactly where we stayed. It was so overpriced and what did we get? A convention center...oooh...ah... lol. It sucked.

Check out the Polynesian Village Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, but if I were 4 and 6, I would want to stay at Animal Kingdom. What kid wouldn't want a giraffe walking by their room??!?!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:56 PM

Ah thank you! It's good to know there's a lot of options! When are the school holidays over there? I would like to avoid the high-season time...! Here, the next school holidays are basically the first 2 weeks of October, so that is when I would be aiming to go - either that or we dodge all the holiday traffic and go the 2 weeks prior!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-16-2018, 05:04 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
Ah thank you! It's good to know there's a lot of options! When are the school holidays over there? I would like to avoid the high-season time...! Here, the next school holidays are basically the first 2 weeks of October, so that is when I would be aiming to go - either that or we dodge all the holiday traffic and go the 2 weeks prior!
Georgia, at least my county, is out the last week of September and it is a mass exodus to Florida (no one wants to be in this horrid state! It is SO BORING). Here in the US, there is no rhyme or reason for school holidays. Some districts are out all summer, some go back early. My son starts school Aug 1. Some don't start until weeks later or a month plus. Every county has their own school calendar and nothing makes sense. My son is not in the traditional public school setting so he usually starts before his friends and his last day is after them and his breaks are different weeks.

Here's a great site: https://clark.com/travel/travel-book...lanning-guide/

Clark Howard is a local Atlanta guy that knows travel, but that's all he knows well. He opens his mouth about things he shouldn't, like stocks and banking as he can single handedly destroy a business in no time...but that's my own personal beef with him.

Towards the end of hurricane season is always the low season, b/c that is when the storms really hit. Aug-Oct is truly the hurricane season. Just about every storm has hit then. Unfortunately, that's the true low season.

Don't forget your umbrella. It rains in FL every day around 2-3 pm, or so it seems regardless of time of year!

Last edited by BooBitties; 07-17-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:02 PM

Annabelle03 is on a distinguished road
Our holidays are pretty much the same as other US places. It's not really the locals you need to worry about when it comes to traffic (except for their driving abilities) It's when everyone else comes for vacation. You should be pretty good in October. That's when I like to go to the parks. Busch Gardens in Tampa is great for roller coasters!