Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Reconstruction > Tuberous Breast Reconstruction

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tuberous Breast Reconstruction This forum is for the discussion of the specific issues regarding tuberous breast reconstruction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twinpearls

First consultation - thoughts?

Old 08-02-2021, 03:48 AM

TEA-tties is on a distinguished road
First consultation - thoughts?

Hey all!

It has been great reading through a older posts to get a good idea of what to think about and others have gone through.

I've recently have had my first consultation (second is in another week), but I just want to get an idea if the first surgeon has given me a reasonable option.

This surgeon did not really ask for reference pictures or discuss much of a desired look apart from how large I would like to be. I told him I was open to his opinion based on his experience of tuberous breasts and he gave me an option.

One of my breasts is moderate-severely tuberous and the other is mild - they're about a cup difference.

Surgeon proposed 825cc motiva silicone implants for both breasts and a doughnut lift on the smaller breast and a slight reduction and lollipop lift on the other.

The implant seems huge and I found it intimidating, but honestly it does suit my body structure and balances my body out.

Before I get a second opinion, does this option seem reasonable?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2021, 06:17 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Yes, I'd take time to meet other surgeons, rather than settle on the first one you met. Me personally, I like a doctor who digs in, asking to see my goal pictures and discuss my wishes in depth. Some will go further to hang those pictures in the surgery room to keep it front-of-mind. These things tell me they are bought in to their patient's satisfaction. It doesn't sound like that was the case for your recent consultation.

heymom3 likes this.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:04 PM

TEA-tties is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twinpearls View Post
Yes, I'd take time to meet other surgeons, rather than settle on the first one you met. Me personally, I like a doctor who digs in, asking to see my goal pictures and discuss my wishes in depth. Some will go further to hang those pictures in the surgery room to keep it front-of-mind. These things tell me they are bought in to their patient's satisfaction. It doesn't sound like that was the case for your recent consultation.
Thanks for that! I did leave feeling a bit mixed, but I'm honestly more open to their own opinions and knowledge of their capabilities.

I don't quite have wish boobs because I don't want to be devastated by an outcome. I did feel a little bit sidelined in this consultation as there was barely any questions about what I wanted. I'd been told by others that this surgeon was very caring and considerate - so I was a little surprised by how the appointment went!

I still think it's a valid option to consider but I am looking forward to my next consultation to experience something different and know if it's a good course of action.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:54 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TEA-tties View Post
TI'd been told by others that this surgeon was very caring and considerate - so I was a little surprised by how the appointment went!
I can empathize. I have XL goals. As such, I flew to SoCal to meet a well-known XL doctor a couple years ago. Many folks rave about her. I was thoroughly dissatisfied after leaving the consultation though. She may have had the skills, but her manners were horrendous. So I decided to look elsewhere.