Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum CC Amount / Size > The Under 300cc Club

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Under 300cc Club This forum will be for discussing implants that are 300cc or smaller.

2 weeks to go- recovery/ post op advice please!!

Old 09-17-2020, 06:28 AM

Diddlette is on a distinguished road
2 weeks to go- recovery/ post op advice please!!

Ladies what was your surgeons post op protocol?

I have bought the bra (macom brand) I was told that I must wear it night and day for 2 weeks before I can switch to a normal sports bra (after my 2nd week follow) up apt for the remaining 4 weeks. He said there would be no harm going to dinner without the sports bra but to then put it right back on straight away after.

I also was told to prepare a laxative/ stool softner for post op! I also ordered a v shaped pillow.

Am I missing anything else? Does anyone know when I can swim again? I have a sick relative who is a 3 hour flight from me. When would I be able to take a quick flight to go visit (if my husband carried everything for me)? Will I ever be able to sleep on my stomach again?

What were you told? When did life get a bit more back to normal? Im MORE than slightly nervous!!
Old 09-17-2020, 07:41 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I know some women who were out to eat the day after surgery and shopping then flying back home with no problems, took pain meds the first 3 days then tylenol for a few days, back to work at week 2. EVERYONE is different in how their body deals with pain and no 2 surgeries are the same.

It is different for everyone because each surgeon does things differently. With my first BA..... sleep on a wedge pillow or at an angle for 6 weeks,no lifting my hands over my head for 2 weeks, no lifting things heavier than a gallon of milk for a few weeks, no swimming for at least 6 weeks, laxative & stool softener is a must because pain meds will constipate you, drink lots of fluids, wear surgical bra 24/7 for first 6 weeks, always sleep in a supportive bra (hubby hates it but I just ask him if he really wants to pay for yet another revision), etc.

I was able to fly with hubby to Las Vegas but we had to sit together and he had to carry everything except my lightweight purse.

With my revisions I put even more rules on myself hoping things would last longer but with my botched right breast nothing seems to help...left one looks great. I waited 12 weeks before sleeping in my side after this last revision but that was my choice and I don't sleep on my tummy ( I am a difficult case since my botched surgeon removed all the tissue in my right breast but denies it).

The weeks leading up to my surgery I made meals and froze them that way all we had to do is thaw/eat. I scrubbed my house to give me something to focus on but also because I knew housekeeping would be a no no for a few weeks. A few days before surgery I bought healthy snacks, yogurts, propel, waters, coconut water, etc. Always eat a little something when you take your meds. We used a dry erase marker on our bathroom mirror to mark what medicine I took and the time so that neither one of us would forget or get confused. I also had alarms set on my phone for meds. It is easier to stay on top of the pain than to try and get rid of it after you start hurting. Get up every few hours and walk around your house to help with circulation and get your bowels moving. Restrict eating a lot of salty foods or sweet stuff. YOU WILL be bloated looking so have loose fitting comfy stuff to wear. Ice packs for your new girls (if Dr says ok) and heating pad for your back (if Dr says ok). Create a list of stuff to watch, download books to read, have a tray to hold your stuff on your lap, etc.

Good luck on your surgery and don't stress
Old 09-17-2020, 12:51 PM

So, SO helpful!! Thank you! Especially about the salt bloating.. must cut that out a few days before as well as after. Will do the dry erase marker (BRILLIANT tip..will also do for my son when he gets sick. This would have saved so many arguments over when his last fever med were when he was a baby) and also will deep scrub the house before!

Im sorry to hear it hasnt been easy for you it sounds like you went through a lot. I hope your at a point where you feel ok with that right side. It sure sounds like you did everything that was in your control perfectly.

Originally Posted by heymom3 View Post
I know some women who were out to eat the day after surgery and shopping then flying back home with no problems, took pain meds the first 3 days then tylenol for a few days, back to work at week 2. EVERYONE is different in how their body deals with pain and no 2 surgeries are the same.

It is different for everyone because each surgeon does things differently. With my first BA..... sleep on a wedge pillow or at an angle for 6 weeks,no lifting my hands over my head for 2 weeks, no lifting things heavier than a gallon of milk for a few weeks, no swimming for at least 6 weeks, laxative & stool softener is a must because pain meds will constipate you, drink lots of fluids, wear surgical bra 24/7 for first 6 weeks, always sleep in a supportive bra (hubby hates it but I just ask him if he really wants to pay for yet another revision), etc.

I was able to fly with hubby to Las Vegas but we had to sit together and he had to carry everything except my lightweight purse.

With my revisions I put even more rules on myself hoping things would last longer but with my botched right breast nothing seems to help...left one looks great. I waited 12 weeks before sleeping in my side after this last revision but that was my choice and I don't sleep on my tummy ( I am a difficult case since my botched surgeon removed all the tissue in my right breast but denies it).

The weeks leading up to my surgery I made meals and froze them that way all we had to do is thaw/eat. I scrubbed my house to give me something to focus on but also because I knew housekeeping would be a no no for a few weeks. A few days before surgery I bought healthy snacks, yogurts, propel, waters, coconut water, etc. Always eat a little something when you take your meds. We used a dry erase marker on our bathroom mirror to mark what medicine I took and the time so that neither one of us would forget or get confused. I also had alarms set on my phone for meds. It is easier to stay on top of the pain than to try and get rid of it after you start hurting. Get up every few hours and walk around your house to help with circulation and get your bowels moving. Restrict eating a lot of salty foods or sweet stuff. YOU WILL be bloated looking so have loose fitting comfy stuff to wear. Ice packs for your new girls (if Dr says ok) and heating pad for your back (if Dr says ok). Create a list of stuff to watch, download books to read, have a tray to hold your stuff on your lap, etc.

Good luck on your surgery and don't stress
Old 09-19-2020, 09:03 PM

wewanttitties is on a distinguished road
Hey! Exciting that you have it booked, youíre like me trying to be as prepared as possible!
Iím now 4 days post-op and to put it bluntly.. I am suffering! I read lots of posts on here and watched a ton of Ďraw and real vlogsí however I donít think any of them prepared me for this.
I know everyone tolerates pain differently and I generally have a pretty high tolerance but itís the aches and muscle tightness, feeling like itís pulling on my incisions which is awful.
My surgeon gave me two bras and some puffy gauze to raise it off the breast slightly, Iím having to wear compression stockings for a week which was a surprise.
The biggest lifesaver for me has been a heated back pad, kept far away from the boobs as youíre not meant to heat them but itís made my backache from sleeping reclined feel a lot better.
Im glad I invested in a few pairs of button up pyjamas as I can barely face doing laundry, opening the washing machine door requires too much straining.
Just anything that will entertain you being laid in bed for a week, I thought Iíd be more mobile than this but honestly it hurts so much to move Iím much happier accepting that Iím bedridden for a week!
Old 09-19-2020, 09:15 PM

Oh, and bendy straws! Iíve been using metal ones for the last year or so but bendy plastic ones have been a life saver. Iíve even been drinking tea and coffee using them!
Old 09-22-2020, 01:31 PM

Oh I so hope the pain passes soon. Sounds miserable! Thank you for the real account it helps so I dont get over excited and make plans... and yes.. will get bendy straws!!
Old 09-22-2020, 07:07 PM

The good news is it did pass, Iím day 7 and feeling almost back to normal. Uncomfortable with the pressure from the surgical bra/moving and tugging on my incisions but no pain or nausea any more!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by wewanttitties View Post
The good news is it did pass, Iím day 7 and feeling almost back to normal. Uncomfortable with the pressure from the surgical bra/moving and tugging on my incisions but no pain or nausea any more!
So my big issue is I have loads of ear piercings. The day pre surgery the piercer is removing them all and I quite casually told her to book me in day 3 post op to put them back. Have now rebooked for 8 days post op so honestly your advice has been so useful!!
Old 12-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Deedee11 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wewanttitties View Post
My surgeons office told me to place maxi pads between the bra and my implants to ease discomfort of incisions. Iím 3 weeks away so trying to pick up as many suggestions as possible.. thought Iíd share this one! Good luck