Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Waxing, Threading, & Other Hair Removal

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxing, Threading, & Other Hair Removal This forum is for waxing and hair removal. Laser hair removal, or other techniques requiring a surgeon/doctor should be posted in the appropriate forum listed under "Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry".

Going rate for Brazilian wax?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 PM
now I'm 4kids2boobs!

4kids0boobs is on a distinguished road
Going rate for Brazilian wax?

I know the rates will vary as much as BA prices vary in different areas of the country. But what is a reasonable price for a full Brazilian wax in a major city (Phillly)? I found a highly rated place in town that charges $85-100 for first-time wax then $70 for each follow-up visit. Seems a little steep to be shelling out $70 every 6 weeks.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:00 AM

LaBellaVita is on a distinguished road
I went to one place in Colorado that was 60 for the first wax and 40 for follow ups, it was a really, really nice place too. I've yet to find a place here in Texas that I wanna try (we're military and thats why we moved here lol) I have checked around though and so far I've found its more around 85.. I'm really picky though, esp when it comes to things like that. There are plenty of horror stories about bad wax jobs. Specifically, there is a salon here where I live I found online and was reading reviews for. The lady who left the review said it was painful, the lady seemed like she was in a rush and then when she got home to take a peek, she realized the lady waxing her was in a rush because she RIPPED her skin off and she was bleeding.... Yikes!! Totally won't be going there lol

So personally, I'm not really picky about price. I care more about how I feel, how they do, their reputation. KWIM? Until I find "that" place for me here, I'll continue shaving -- ughhh.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:01 AM

Cupcakes3 is on a distinguished road
In the Midwest, I have paid just a flat fee of $60 plus tip.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Tzarevna is on a distinguished road
They charge more for the first time?! Wow! In Australia it's bout $50 depending where you go sometimes cheaper.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
In DC its usually around $65.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 PM

Babu is on a distinguished road
I'm in Sydney and pay $55
Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 PM

mgrocks will become famous soon enough
It's $65 here!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 PM

hey222 is on a distinguished road
european wax center is awesome...$40 and $20 for the first time..loved it
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Starshine21 is on a distinguished road
In NH I have gone to a few different places...most people charge between 55 and $60. I had to go to several places before I found one that really got everything the funny thing is the place that does the best here cost me only $45.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:00 AM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I went to this woman in Conshy and she got best of philly a couple of years ago...she charged $60 each time. I am going to try a new place European wax center. The first time is $21 and the follow ups are 40 something. I got on Monday..will let you know how it goes. You pretty much have to go every 4 weeks or so...that price you mentioned is pretty steep.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
I pay $35 plus tip. Toronto, Ontario.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:56 AM

matdavidson is on a distinguished road
A Brazilian wax treatment normally costs $50 to $120 at a trustworthy day spa or top quality waxing salon, in addition to assessment, and tip. Of course, you can get a Brazilian wax that costs less—as low as $20 at some nail parlors. Any kind of waxing will hurt in light of the fact that your hair will get pulled out by its underlying foundations, yet it won't be terrible to such an extent that tears will gush down your face. You'll certainly have the option to walk subsequently.