Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum > Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition Discuss diet, nutrition, vitamins, supplements, weight loss, and more in this forum.

Like Tree996Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #21

Sunni is on a distinguished road
I will give it a try!
Sunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #22

Thanked 1,204 Times in 932 Posts
dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
We (my family and I) have basically eaten paleo for many years (we didn't realise it though) but since I looked into a few months ago have made a complete switch and cut out non paleo foods (like oats and dairy) and introduced other things that we haven't eaten in forever (like sweet potato for breaky). Some little issues we noticed previously (bloat which we now know was caused by oats - even though we did switch to gluten free one) have disappeared completely. We also have no issue eating out because all the foods that we ate previously are still allowed too. We also have no issue or guilt with occasionally having 'non paleo' treat foods too if we want it.

My husband (and dog) thinks I'm a legend now because I've been cooking up a storm in the kitchen with some pretty wicked recipes and treats.

In regards to bacon, we get nitrate free (I'm very sensitive to nitrates and other preservatives) and have it in most of our meals 24/7.

All I can say is that for us, it is no effort on our part to eat like this as we basically have done so for years - but cutting out things that weren't paleo haven't been an issue at all. We eat like this for health reasons (we love the science behind nutrition and the effect of foods on the body, and it's something we've always been interested in from our bodybuilding days) and understanding the effects off certain foods (inflammatory vs anti-inflammatory, etc) is why we love this.

For those wanting to download some books, there is a torrent link.

* Paleo Cookbook Recipes for the 21st Century Hunter Gatherer 2010 Nikki Young (epub mobi pdf)
* Paleo Diet Cookbook 2011 Loren Cordain (epub mobi pdf)
* Paleo Eating For Modern People 2010 Nikki Young (epub mobi pdf)
* Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals 2011 Mark Sisson (epub mobi)
* The Paleo Diet 2010 Loren Cordain (epub mobi)
* The Paleo Solution 2010 Robb Wolf (epub mobi)
* The Primal Blueprint 2009 Mark Sisson (epub mobi)

http://h33t.com/torrent/441468/the-p...ction-8-ebooks

I'm a huge fan of Robb Wolf too so if you want some good listening, download his podcasts (there are 151 to date) - they are actually very entertaining to listen to (which I do when I'm in the kitchen since I can spend hours lost in there) http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/p...ic/id340221970 (itunes)
http://robbwolf.com/podcast/ (listen on your computer)

http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
http://www.paleoeffect.com/paleo-quick-guide/
http://www.crossfitanaerobicinc.com/...list-of-foods/

And before anyone asks (because I know that there are some fans of it here) - I don't do cross-fit and not really a fan of it. I'm strictly old school bodybuilding

dj2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #23

dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
And for parents, I just downloaded "Eat Like a Dinosaur" by Paleo Parents and Amanda Gates which my daughter absolutely loves. It's an excellent book especially for parents with kids with certain allergies (fortunately my DD isn't one of the those so she can eat anything in there) as it has an allergen guide in the back for recipes that include eggs, nuts, shellfish and fish.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/book-rev...ke-a-dinosaur/
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Like-Dinos.../dp/1936608871
http://paleoparents.com/eat-like-a-dinosaur/

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #24

*toas* will become famous soon enough
DJ you rock!!

REVISION - 9/11/12
Switch to 600cc MOD+ with light suturing and strattice to fix slight lateral displacement/bottoming out. Post Opp 34 DDD/E

CONSIDERING DOWNSIZE 2017
Too big. Unhappy and want athletic look back.
*toas* is offline   Reply With Quote

*toas*'s plastic surgeon is Robert Cohen, M.D., F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by *toas* View Post
DJ you rock!!
LOL, Thank you

But really, everyone should at least download Robb Wolfs podcasts. There is a description of the topics discussed in each episode so you can go straight to the one that you're particularly interested in, or just play them in order. And when I say they talk about everything - I mean they talk about EVERYTHING!! Every issue you can think of and how a paleo diet works/affects/etc with it is there.
Whether it's womens issue, hormones, sports performance, cross-fit, bodybuilding, allergies, weight loss, muscle gain - absolutely everything is covered and if it's not - you can send them a question and they will cover it on upcoming shows.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #26

Here's a screenshot from my iTunes library to give you an idea of the things that Robb's "Paleo Solution" covers.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #27

BabyFox has room for improvement
I am definitely up for it as I am lactose intolerant and have celiacs. I would love to get some recipes and what exactly is allowed and isnt?
1st Breast Augmentation: Silicone, Moderate plus, Rounds
375cc-R 400-L
2nd Breast Augmentation: Silicone, High-Profile, Rounds
800cc with Internal Bra, Donut Lift
with areola reduction!

** Will no longer be accepting friend requests due to privacy violations**
BabyFox is offline   Reply With Quote

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #28

Lexie we posted a ton of resources! You would be a perfect fit for this!!!

REVISION - 9/11/12
Switch to 600cc MOD+ with light suturing and strattice to fix slight lateral displacement/bottoming out. Post Opp 34 DDD/E

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #29

Lexi, like Taos mentioned lots of resources are posted. Also if you're on Facebook there are so many pages dedicated to paleo eating as well. You will be blown away with the types of things you can make and eat. I spend hours lost in trying out and making up my own recipes... Funny thing is that the more I'm eating, the leaner I'm getting. DH is also loving my experimentation in the kitchen.
Definitely download the torrent as there are a few cookbooks that will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #30

BabyFox has room for improvement
Thank you so much ladies. I really have no other choice. I also suffer from IBS(constipation). So I often suffer from bloat and gas and find myself not wanting to eat. Would lactose free milk still be acceptable I love my lattes. A very bad habit.
1st Breast Augmentation: Silicone, Moderate plus, Rounds
375cc-R 400-L
2nd Breast Augmentation: Silicone, High-Profile, Rounds
800cc with Internal Bra, Donut Lift
with areola reduction!

** Will no longer be accepting friend requests due to privacy violations**
BabyFox is offline   Reply With Quote

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #31

Use coconut milk or cream in your lattes, it tastes so much nicer.
I didn't realise how sick milk made me feel until I removed it completely from my diet. I tried raw milk (unpasterized/unhomogonized) when we were visiting Australia because I couldn't get hold of my favourite coconut milk and I actually had no GI issues with that. My daughter absolutely loved it too. Unless I can have my raw sugar and coconut milk or cream in my coffee, I stick to plain black coffee.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #32
Worth every penny.

just~for~me is on a distinguished road
Actually, taking a closer look at the PaleoMeal protein powder on Amazon... I now see that it is not made from meat at all. It is a special form of whey protein, that is supposedly Paleo-friendly? Grass fed cows, no hormones, no-heat processing. Is anyone familiar with this protein powder?
280's overfilled to 325cc's
5/27/11

**PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE WITH YOUR FRIEND REQUEST -- THANKS!**
just~for~me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by just~for~me View Post
Actually, taking a closer look at the PaleoMeal protein powder on Amazon... I now see that it is not made from meat at all. It is a special form of whey protein, that is supposedly Paleo-friendly? Grass fed cows, no hormones, no-heat processing. Is anyone familiar with this protein powder?
No, but that sounds pretty paleo - not sure about the heat thing.

REVISION - 9/11/12

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
Worth every penny.

Well, that's good to know! I just figured dairy/whey was supposed to be *completely* out. (Now waiting on Robb Wolf's book to arrive. )

I guess it's not "no-heat" processing... It's LOW-heat. This is from their website:

"PaleoMeal is made with exceptional quality whey protein, which comes from herds that graze on pesticide-free, chemical-free natural grass pastures. These milking cows are never given bovine growth hormone or any other hormones (No rBST or rBGH), genetically modified organisms or injected pathogens. This whey protein is never exposed to high heat temperatures. The result is the highest quality protein supplement, rich in immunoglobulins and lactoferrin. Free of artificial flavors and sweeteners, PaleoMeal is available in natural vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry."
5/27/11

Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #35

It isn't really paleo but coming from grass fed cows is definitely a better choice if you do chose to use it.
Why I wouldn't touch it is that it has "natural flavours" ... unless the chocolate is pure cacao, the vanilla is from real vanilla and the strawberries are fresh - it isn't natural regardless what the manufacturer days. It also has sweeteners (stevia and xylitol) which I don't touch and which isn't paleo at all.

If you're eating real whole natural foods, you really don't need to use protein powders anyway unless you want to add it to some recipes/treats to boost the protein content

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #36
Worth every penny.

I am just coming off 7 1/2 months of Shakeology, after they changed their original chocolate formula and IMO, really messed it up. It now has a strong chemical aftertaste and it irritated my throat. So then I tried the Vegan option, and I'm not happy with it either. I had bloating and gas that no amount of digestive enzymes would take care of! Even only using 1/4 scoop in my shake. That tells me that my stomach does NOT do well with the plant-based proteins, and is pushing me even closer to trying out Paleo.

I'll be honest, I just plain love to have a shake. We used to add ALL kinds of healthy things to our shakes -- organic baby spinach, other assorted vegetables, wheatgrass powder, spirulina, chlorella, etc. and it still tasted great. I loved being able to mix up all that nutrition and drink it down. I really, really miss it and I feel like now my nutrition is lacking. My energy isn't what it was, and because my stomach is so sensitive, I avoid eating certain things if I have to go somewhere. The original chocolate Shakeology, before they changed the formula, REALLY straightened out my digestion. Now, I don't know what I'm doing! Wanting to try out Paleo, but still wishing I had an option for a shake.
5/27/11

Old 10-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #37

Have you tried SunWarrior Raw Vegan Natural flavour protein. Again not really a paleo protein as it is made from 100% Whole Brown Rice, but DH and another friend who is extremely sensitive to dairy and whey products have absolutely no issue using this with absolutely zero GI upsets. DH mixes his with 50/50 fresh coconut water and coconut milk. Our friend mixes his with water. Both boys hate food and physically can't eat enough food so need to supplement with this... Both say it tastes like crap (I don't know as I don't use protein powders) but it seems to do its job. You can always add real 100% cacao or real vanilla or fruit to it for flavouring.
http://www.sunwarrior.com.au/sun-war...owder-info.php

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by just~for~me View Post
I am just coming off 7 1/2 months of Shakeology, after they changed their original chocolate formula and IMO, really messed it up. It now has a strong chemical aftertaste and it irritated my throat. So then I tried the Vegan option, and I'm not happy with it either. I had bloating and gas that no amount of digestive enzymes would take care of! Even only using 1/4 scoop in my shake. That tells me that my stomach does NOT do well with the plant-based proteins, and is pushing me even closer to trying out Paleo.

I'll be honest, I just plain love to have a shake. We used to add ALL kinds of healthy things to our shakes -- organic baby spinach, other assorted vegetables, wheatgrass powder, spirulina, chlorella, etc. and it still tasted great. I loved being able to mix up all that nutrition and drink it down. I really, really miss it and I feel like now my nutrition is lacking. My energy isn't what it was, and because my stomach is so sensitive, I avoid eating certain things if I have to go somewhere. The original chocolate Shakeology, before they changed the formula, REALLY straightened out my digestion. Now, I don't know what I'm doing! Wanting to try out Paleo, but still wishing I had an option for a shake.
Just did a quick search for you looking for grass fed whey without any flavours or other crap in there and there isn't much out there, but here are a couple that I did find that sound pretty good and worth a shot. Stick to the natural flavours as they don't have sweeteners, gum or flavours…. just 1 ingredient.

Vital Whey Natural Protein

Raw Whey Protein Powder
More info about Raw Whey

http://www.wellwisdom.com/content/VitalWheyFlyer.pdf

HTH

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #39

I'm doing Paleo with ViSalus...but it does contain 3mg of Sucralose per bag... so it's 99.99999% natural, but has a little bit of that artificial sweeteners.

Not worried about that little bit, the shakes are delicious and I can make them taste like anything - they aren't gross like most of the shakes (Sun Warrior, BB, commercial grade proteins)...etc.

REVISION - 9/11/12

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #40
5'1" & 125lbs

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,531 Posts
BC A2C is a splendid one to beholdBC A2C is a splendid one to beholdBC A2C is a splendid one to beholdBC A2C is a splendid one to beholdBC A2C is a splendid one to beholdBC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by *toas* View Post
I'm doing Paleo with ViSalus...but it does contain 3mg of Sucralose per bag... so it's 99.99999% natural, but has a little bit of that artificial sweeteners.

Not worried about that little bit, the shakes are delicious and I can make them taste like anything - they aren't gross like most of the shakes (Sun Warrior, BB, commercial grade proteins)...etc.
Except that soy is definitely not Paleo

I also do the ViSalus shakes a few times a week, but I don't consider them to be Paleo-friendly. Personally I'm doing gluten-free with some Paleo aspects tossed in there (lactose free, no processed sugars, etc).

Eliminating wheat has been awesome for me. If I need a treat it's a piece of dark dark chocolate with sea salt. Almond milk has replaced cow/soy milk.

dj2012 - would pumpkin protein (100% partially defatted ground pumpkin seeds) be considered Paleo? I've also been looking for a soy/whey free protein and this was the closest I've found.
09-24-2017 01:41 AM
Paid Advertisement