Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum > Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition Discuss diet, nutrition, vitamins, supplements, weight loss, and more in this forum.

Like Tree996Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #821

Thanked 1,204 Times in 932 Posts
dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYMOMOFTHREE View Post
I eat squash every day, twice a day, I love it!!! Hundreds of ways it can be prepared, here's a few: I make Paleo Hummus, basically I roast (Italian) squash on the BBQ then peel the skin off, follow the Hummus recipe, just substitute squash for garbanzo beans. My family cannot tell the difference!!
You can also dice up squash in an omelet. I also put raw squash in my salads. A lot of times, I will cook 1 squash in the microwave for 3.5 minutes and mix it with cooked ground turkey and cumin with a pinch of salt, yummy!!!! You can empty the squash contents and stuff with raw ground beef or turkey and cook on the stove, follow the stuffed peppers recipe. Obviously without the rice. Sometimes I put extra virgin olive oil on the squash with some seasonings, throw it in the oven to broil for 25 min. Delicious!!! OMG I'm getting hungry, but yes, I love squash.
Also, you can cook squash on the stovetop and dice it up, drizzle olive oil, lemon and a little salt on it. I made chicken tonight, in the oven and threw in wedges of squash. The kids love this one, I cut up squash in wedges, dip in raw eggs, dip in almond meal and throw in the oven for about 40 min @ 400 tastes real good. Sorry for rambling, but I've been craving squash for a few weeks now, so I've been making it often. The squash cooks pretty easily, so I'm not sure how much you'd like to cook ahead of time??? I know the Paleo hummus is good for a good 7 days in the fridge. So, you can make that ahead of time.
Think I might have to try some squash during my stay in europe (seen plenty in the supermarket). I've still been having some gi issues with sweet potatoes so will give this a try as I need some carbs.

Will have to see how these go as pancakes. My usual after dinner treat is sweet potato cinnamon pancakes (120g sweet potato, 3 large eggs (1 whole and 2 whites) with cinnamon, nutmeg and sea or Himalayan salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dj2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #822
Final score: Girls 2 Boys 2

SEXYMOMOFTHREE will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2012 View Post
Think I might have to try some squash during my stay in europe (seen plenty in the supermarket). I've still been having some gi issues with sweet potatoes so will give this a try as I need some carbs.

Will have to see how these go as pancakes. My usual after dinner treat is sweet potato cinnamon pancakes (120g sweet potato, 3 large eggs (1 whole and 2 whites) with cinnamon, nutmeg and sea or Himalayan salt.

Luckily I have had zero GI issues with squash and I eat lot's of it. However, I do eat it cooked most of the time. I forgot to mention one more recipe: Dice up 2 large Italian squash, cook with some coconut oil over the stove for 25 min. at the end, add three eggs, cumin and salt to taste.
My dessert is less healthy than yours: 2 tablespoons full fat sour crème, 1 tablespoon unsweetened coco powder, 1 packet stevia, mix and enjoy! Obviously, I have no problems with small amounts of dairy
BA date 2001 400 cc round, smooth, saline
Weight 118
Height 5'4
4 children all breastfed
completely under the muscle
Areola incision

2nd Surgery Revision Dr. Corbin June 11, 2015
Neo pocket 650cc UHP Silicone
SEXYMOMOFTHREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #823

missylyons is on a distinguished road
OK I'm sold lol I'm going to give it a try starting tomorrow. I went shopping today for food so I'm ready to go I have some beer I'm going to finish up tonight lol I'm actually really excited to start this and even more excited that I will be able to have an occasional glass of wine or two without feeling like I'm cheating . I don't think I'll have much of a problem giving up grain but I'm not ready to give up greek yogurt yet. I love love love plain greek yogurt mixed with frozen berries I'll just try to keep it to one serving a day or less. The meat will be easy , my dad is a big hunter and fishermen with a huge deep freezer that I'm free, actually encouraged to raid

before breast augmentation a very sad 34C after breastfeeding 4 kids
May 5, 2010
475cc saline overs puts me anywhere from 36 FF

I only accept FR's from Elite Members, who are active posters , have pictures of their own, & send me a message please

missylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #824

BlondeQT is on a distinguished road
I'm down 2 more pounds this week and still feel amazing.

I will never, ever go back.

My Husband and I took the boys on a mini vacation last week and I was worried how had it would be for me to find Paleo friendly food.

Well, let me tell you, it was very easy. One night we went out for Mexican and I ordered the chicken fajita's with extra avocado. I let my Husband and sons eat the tortillas, etc.

we went out for breakfast twice and I had bacon and scrambled eggs.

One day we stopped and Subway and I was sort of worried because I haven't had fast food in YEARS. At Subway I was able to get a salad bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, japalenos and diced ham.

I've been hard core Paleo now for 7 months and I haven't cheated not once and I haven't even been tempted to.

I cannot tell you how much better I feel and how much energy I have.

GO for it! You will love it!
32 D

1st BA 5/1994 - 300 ccs Mods
2nd BA 9/2011 - 450 cc HP and Lift
Revision 3/18/2013 redo lift by a better PS

Check out my Ebay Boutique. I have lots of fabulous clothes, bras, swimwear and sleepwear.
http://modernromantics.webstoreplace.com/

BlondeQT is offline   Reply With Quote

BlondeQT's plastic surgeon is Steven Vath, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #825

dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeQT View Post
I'm down 2 more pounds this week and still feel amazing.

I will never, ever go back.

My Husband and I took the boys on a mini vacation last week and I was worried how had it would be for me to find Paleo friendly food.

Well, let me tell you, it was very easy. One night we went out for Mexican and I ordered the chicken fajita's with extra avocado. I let my Husband and sons eat the tortillas, etc.

we went out for breakfast twice and I had bacon and scrambled eggs.

One day we stopped and Subway and I was sort of worried because I haven't had fast food in YEARS. At Subway I was able to get a salad bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, japalenos and diced ham.

I've been hard core Paleo now for 7 months and I haven't cheated not once and I haven't even been tempted to.

I cannot tell you how much better I feel and how much energy I have.

GO for it! You will love it!
That's great progress!!!! It really is easy to make good food choices even when out like you've found out and most places will make things special if you ask them nicely

My weight has stabilised (I do not need or want to lose weight) but my body composition is definitely changing and I'm getting leaner by the day which means that fat loss is definitely happening while muscle is slowly growing. I'm going to have make some food mods soon to either maintain or slow the fat loss as my veins are going crazy

I've been doing really well with food situation here in Italy. Not tempted at all by either pasta or pizza ... It sucks that I can't eat the bread and gelato but id rather go without than feel like crap afterwards. As long as I can get meat of any kind (which Ive been able to get easily) as well as plain salads or grilled veggies, I'm happy and good to go Dinner was another good one with parma ham with melon followed by grilled tenderloin with roast potatoes. Breakfasts have been my favourite - hard boiled eggs and bacon all cut up and mixed together followed by some fresh pineapple. As good as the scrambled eggs look, unless I watch them mix the eggs in front of my face so I know for sure they don't add milk or use the oil or butter I want them to cook them with. The bacon I have no control over how they cook (probably use a seed oil but I'm hoping they use olive oil) but at least I know that my hard boiled eggs are 100% safe.

I've got a day at the world superbikes championships today so I've got a couple of tins of tuna as back up in our bag but we've got VIP passes and the food available behind the scenes is usually pretty amazing with safe choices available.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #826

BlondeQT is on a distinguished road
It sounds like you are having an amazing time in Italy. I wish I were there with you! I'm so jelly!

Your food choices sound delicious. I've never thought of hard boiled eggs and chopped up bacon at while out to eat, but that does sound yummy. I will remember that.

Have fun!
32 D

1st BA 5/1994 - 300 ccs Mods
2nd BA 9/2011 - 450 cc HP and Lift
Revision 3/18/2013 redo lift by a better PS

Check out my Ebay Boutique. I have lots of fabulous clothes, bras, swimwear and sleepwear.
http://modernromantics.webstoreplace.com/

BlondeQT is offline   Reply With Quote

BlondeQT's plastic surgeon is Steven Vath, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #827
Bloom where you are planted !

redrose1 is on a distinguished road
I have been eating the traditional body builders diet for decades and it is not working for me now so I just got the paleo books on kindle. I started working out more, running hills and found in 8 weeks I gained 5 pounds, freak me out. I have not been 132-133 since my off season training when I was competing 7 years ago. my DH started testosterone therapy about same time and i am m wondering if I m getting some ? my quads and butt exploded with muscle recently ! any how I' am going to lose 5 pounds fat to compensate for the muscle weight gain...one has to go as I look heavier ! eekkk. glad for this three to motivate me.
1st BA 1993: Saline 450cc Under / D cup- pre op measures 33-24-34 weight was about 124 post 36-24-34
1st Revision 2003: Mentor Saline Mod. 650cc / 32DDD or 34 DD
2nd Revision OCT 2012 : Allergan Mod Profile Style Cohesive Silicone Under 750cc,
now wearing 32 FF Freya 32G all others

I am accepting Friend Requests from active members who have an Album to share and have something and in common. Please send a message with the FR (a pre op album is ok.) For Privacy reasons. :-)

redrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #828

I read my book last night and this AM and it is pretty basic. I think the only thing I am going to miss is my whey protein drinks with spinach in them.
1st BA 1993: Saline 450cc Under / D cup- pre op measures 33-24-34 weight was about 124 post 36-24-34
2nd Revision OCT 2012 : Allergan Mod Profile Style Cohesive Silicone Under 750cc,

I am accepting Friend Requests from active members who have an Album to share and have something and in common. Please send a message with the FR (a pre op album is ok.) For Privacy reasons. :-)

Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose1 View Post
I read my book last night and this AM and it is pretty basic. I think the only thing I am going to miss is my whey protein drinks with spinach in them.
Life is filled with compromise, however, I think you will learn that Paleo opens up a whole new world of foods that are delicious and nutritionally dense. I bet you probably will not miss your whey protein shakes Since having switched over to Paleo, the only thing I miss from my previous SAD diet is ....................ummmmmm nothing
Lot's of smoothie recipes out there you can try , adding spinach, kale , berries and nut butter.
Weight 118
Height 5'4
4 children all breastfed
Areola incision

The Following User Says Thank You to SEXYMOMOFTHREE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #830
Worth every penny.

just~for~me is on a distinguished road
Oh boy, I will be trying these and reporting back soon!

Mini Breakfast Meatloaves

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/mini-...st-meatloaves/

(Now realizing these may be the same thing as your Scotch Eggs.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiniMeatloaf2.jpg (43.1 KB, 2 views)
280's overfilled to 325cc's
5/27/11

**PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE WITH YOUR FRIEND REQUEST -- THANKS!**
just~for~me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #831

missylyons is on a distinguished road
I'm on my second day and so far so good Usually when I clean up my diet (especially after eating as bad as I have been) I get really bloated and gassy I know TMI lol but not now I feel great so far anyway I'm eating a little too much fruit I think, well I know , that is going to be the thing I work on next week . I thought I would be craving bread more but so far I'm not last night my 6 year old was eating cheez its and they where looking a little good but I cut up a cucumber put some line and seasoning on it and it was amazingly good, cured my craving to snack

before breast augmentation a very sad 34C after breastfeeding 4 kids
May 5, 2010
475cc saline overs puts me anywhere from 36 FF

I only accept FR's from Elite Members, who are active posters , have pictures of their own, & send me a message please

missylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by just~for~me View Post
Oh boy, I will be trying these and reporting back soon!

Mini Breakfast Meatloaves

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/mini-...st-meatloaves/

(Now realizing these may be the same thing as your Scotch Eggs.)
Yep, same thing as scotch eggs and damn delicious!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #833

Sara1983 is on a distinguished road
I have yet another question if you ladies don't mind.

I'm just wondering how often you typically eat/drink (if consuming calories in liquid form) during the day? Or do you pretty much just let hunger dictate so it varies from day to day?
Sara1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1983 View Post

I'm just wondering how often you typically eat/drink (if consuming calories in liquid form) during the day? Or do you pretty much just let hunger dictate so it varies from day to day?
I NEVER have my food in liquid form (it's not as satiating and can cause insulin spikes which promotes more hunger. Also the body needs to work at breaking down whole foods). When eating food that is higher in fat, you so feel fuller longer so don't really need to eat too often. I find the less fat in the meal or snack, the quicker the next meal comes round. Besides breakfast and dinner which I usually eat at the same times (dinner we always eat as a family) my other meals fit in depending on what I'm doing that day and how hungry I get.

I never counted calories or macros before but was interested to see how much I do eat and the ratios and it turned out I eat between 1800 - 2200 per day and about 40% Protein, 40% Fat and 20% carbs ( these numbers can fluctuate up and down by 1-5% according to my records on MFP) but I don't set out to eat a certain amount of carbs, protein or fat... This is just how I naturally eat and not bothered if those percentages fluctuate. MFP can be great tool to keep track but if you get obsessed about numbers, it may not be a good idea to use this or scales as paleo isn't about the numbers but how you feel and perform.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2012 View Post
Yep, same thing as scotch eggs and damn delicious!

I love these things but avoid them ....but now that I know they are OK on this diet I am going to make them. Yum.

The Following User Says Thank You to redrose1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #836
Worth every penny.

Quote:

Mine varies, and I do try very hard to listen to what my body is telling me and go from there. Sometimes it is not telling me "hunger", it is telling me "thirst" -- but I am reading it as "snack". lol The important thing is that I realize this happens, and most of the time I do recognize it. Amazing what a large glass of water can do to re-charge my batteries sometimes. In fact, it works almost every time. If I am still feeling hungry after a glass or two of water? Then it's time to eat, whether my conscious brain thinks it should be or not.

The only calories I've been drinking lately is my "bulletproof coffee" -- which I have first thing in the morning and usually again in the afternoon. My ingredients have varied since I started this, but lately I've settled on MCT oil (1 Tbsp) and organic heavy whipping cream (2 Tbsp). (The MCT oil comes from the bulletproof coffee guy's recipe and the cream I took from Mark Sisson in The Primal Blueprint.) I find this to be highly satiating, as it is pretty much pure fat. I also believe it has done WONDERS for my mental health and energy level, really upping the fat like that. I think this has a large part to do with why I've been able to completely quit smoking AND I am no longer craving the nuts -- I think this was my body's way of getting the fat, and it really is the wrong type of fat to be loading up on like I was. Learning more and more about fat and your brain, cholesterol for every cell of your body, etc.

Sorry, I know that was more than you asked for... but I do think it is important to listen to your body. Sometimes it will take you awhile to figure out what it is saying, but it is really a great moment when you do! And as you begin to let go of the strict calorie-counting/tracking mentality, you will learn that some days you need more calories and some days you need less, and that is perfectly natural.
5/27/11

The Following User Says Thank You to just~for~me For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #837
Worth every penny.

Also wanted to add that we just finished watching the documentary called "Fat Head", after I'd seen several people recommend it on the MDA forums. I found it is free for Amazon Prime members to watch -- but I'm sure there are other ways to find it, as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Head/dp/B0...words=fat+head

It was safe for the whole family to watch, and we all found many parts to be hilarious (this guy is pretty funny!) -- while at the same time, there was some really interesting info for me that bored the younger ones a little. My 12-year-old enjoyed the whole thing, and I am really glad he watched it. My kids haven't given me much (any?) trouble about going Paleo, but this definitely reinforced and illustrated some of the KEY points of the Paleo/Primal movement for them.
5/27/11

The Following User Says Thank You to just~for~me For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #838

Quote:

What exactly do you mean by calories in liquid form? Smoothies?? I just let hunger be my guide, I'm not on a schedule. I definitely get more satisfaction eating and chewing my meals, rather than drinking them , but that's just me.
Weight 118
Height 5'4
4 children all breastfed
Areola incision

The Following User Says Thank You to SEXYMOMOFTHREE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #839

Sara1983 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I meant if you're making greens smoothies or something - just how many times you're taking in calories of some form.

I'd like to get to a point where I'm not counting, but I think right now it's best I do because I'm also trying to work on increasing calories and get past restrictive fears (been dieting for way too long), so if I don't count, I know I'll eat far too little.

It's not so much hunger that's an issue with me, unless I eat fruit, which I've learned isn't the best choice for me), it's just starting to feel really weak after going too long between meals. I think I'm still too low in fats overall though.

I try cutting back on carbs (mostly just eating brown rice and sweet potatoes) but as soon as I do that, I feel very lethargic and my head feels really off (kind of like it might explode for lack of a better way to describe it). It only happens when I cut carbs and go protein + fat, so I'm assuming it's low carb that's doing it.

Should I just stick it out and that will pass? It might just be a matter of needing to adapt.

My carbs aren't incredibly high either right now (typically around 110-140 grams) and my cals are around 1400-1600 a day (I'm 125). When I eat more carbs, I don't get that brain feeling but after a couple hours of eating, I feel just muscularly very weak and totally lacking all energy.
Sara1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #840

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I meant if you're making greens smoothies or something - just how many times you're taking in calories of some form.

I'd like to get to a point where I'm not counting, but I think right now it's best I do because I'm also trying to work on increasing calories and get past restrictive fears (been dieting for way too long), so if I don't count, I know I'll eat far too little.

It's not so much hunger that's an issue with me, unless I eat fruit, which I've learned isn't the best choice for me), it's just starting to feel really weak after going too long between meals. I think I'm still too low in fats overall though.

I try cutting back on carbs (mostly just eating brown rice and sweet potatoes) but as soon as I do that, I feel very lethargic and my head feels really off (kind of like it might explode for lack of a better way to describe it). It only happens when I cut carbs and go protein + fat, so I'm assuming it's low carb that's doing it.

Should I just stick it out and that will pass? It might just be a matter of needing to adapt.

My carbs aren't incredibly high either right now (typically around 110-140 grams) and my cals are around 1400-1600 a day (I'm 125). When I eat more carbs, I don't get that brain feeling but after a couple hours of eating, I feel just muscularly very weak and totally lacking all energy.
Definitely sound like your fat intake isn't too high if you're feeling weak and lethargic between meals. You can boost those fat calories by cooking with or adding a teaspoon or two of grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil to your meals to see how you feel I between meals.

As for cutting carbs, I don't see any reason why you would especially if you're using sweet potato or other root veggies as your source. They are a fantastic source of carbohydrate so I would just keep them in if you find you feel better on them. There is no reason to feel like you're currently feeling and you're body probably needs them to function properly. I know that the leaner I get, the better i do on more carbs.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2012 For This Useful Post:
06-26-2017 10:21 PM
Paid Advertisement