Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Women's Beauty, Health, and Fitness > Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weight Loss, Diet, and Nutrition Discuss diet, nutrition, vitamins, supplements, weight loss, and more in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By Music

Help I need Weight Loss Motivation!

Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 AM

lilo626 is on a distinguished road
Help I need Weight Loss Motivation!

I am seriously struggling. I have so many goals right now but I feel like in order to achieve them I need to get at least 60 pounds gone! I am currently back in college at age 32. I am a stay at home mom of the 3 daughters. I have been an on and off Plant Based eater for about 6 years now. I am completely sucking at food lately. I am even a certified Holistic Nutritionist (even though I don't actually practice it..more took the class for my own knowledge). I would like to get back to whole food plant based eating nutritiarian style and can't seem to get motivated! Worst of all I NEED to lose weight because my boobs are becoming a huge problem. I got my first BA and lift at age 23 and my current implants are 550cc's silicone unders high profile. My bra size is now beyond a 38DDD. I wear that size but they are always nursing bras from target and I'm sure I could use a bigger bra. My back is starting to hurt a long with under my ribs. I just need accountability and motivation. I'm hoping you ladies can help! Is there anyone who is in my same boat. Like you want to lose a pretty good amount of weight to get your implants reduced?? I am 5'1 and weigh around 190lbs.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:29 PM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
I am 5í1Ē and 195 lbs now. A year ago I was 180 lbs. I had a Lift and Implants and had complications. I ended up eating a lot and losing motivation. I have a revision coming up next Friday. I pray all goes well. Iíve started using my Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. Iím hoping after this surgery that I stop focusing on my boobs and focus more on my weight. Iíd like a tummy tuck one day. Iím more than happy to be friends on both of those apps.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:37 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Find a fitness routine you actually ENJOY. I honestly think that is key. Fitness doesnít have to be going to a gym for a monotonous workout or running. It can be taking a hip hop class. Going on a walk with a friend chatting and laughing the whole time. Yoga. Learning to pole dance or belly dance at a studio or in your own home. Find something you enjoy and stick to it!

Music likes this.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:22 AM

FlexinTexan is on a distinguished road
Something that is important to understand is that discipline is more important than motivation. Motivation will always come and go (nobody is 100% "on" all of the time). Discipline becomes easier when your health and fitness lifestyle is a part of how you define yourself. If you get lazy about your habits for too long, you just won't feel like "you," and you won't be able to stand it past what seems like a reasonable break. It's beyond not liking the physical effects of not prioritizing health and fitness habits. It's like something is missing...you're incomplete. So, start visualizing who it is you want to be and take the steps necessary to become that person.

Why do you think you are having issues sticking to whole food, plant-based eating? It is possible that isn't a sustainable lifestyle for you. It's something you can certainly incorporate as much as possible into other styles of eating, though! Is it possible that part of the reason you are failing is that you think you have to be "perfect" according to whatever ideal you have set for yourself or it's not worth doing at all?

As someone with scoliosis, I have issues with pain when I can't strength train for long periods of time (like when recovering from breast augmentation...LOL). Strength training makes me sore, but it's not the aggravating pain I experience as my core weakens due to lack of activity and where I experience pain is actually the same areas you do! I would definitely get some resistance training in, to strengthen those areas that are bothering you (and while you are at it, the rest of your body, too!).

FWIW, I was a single parent working 2-3 jobs at a time while going to school when I first started making fitness a priority. I was the manager at one of my jobs, so I was able to schedule long lunches to get a workout in, but since then, I've been able to progress hitting the gym 3x per week (I prefer 5x per week and will make it happen when I can, but it hasn't been typical). My schedule is a bit lighter now, in a way. My child is an adult, I a married so I only have to work one job (that I guess I don't really HAVE to have...so that eases up on stress quite a bit) and am back in school. But I need to study more for the courses I am taking and need more sleep than I used to (that's killin' me...LOL). The nutrition part is more important when it comes to weight management, and that part of it can actually save you time (and money) if you'll commit to it.

I know you've got this in you...you just need to be realistic about the changes you can handle long term and stick with them. You'll have periods of time that you can be "extra," but they won't last forever. It's not failure when you need a break and progress slows, stalls or backtracks a little (emphasis on "a little"). I'd say it's a sign of a healthy mental status to be able to take breaks! The trick is to have a baseline you can stick to so you never end back up at square one.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:18 PM

Music is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Find a fitness routine you actually ENJOY. I honestly think that is key. Fitness doesnít have to be going to a gym for a monotonous workout or running. It can be taking a hip hop class. Going on a walk with a friend chatting and laughing the whole time. Yoga. Learning to pole dance or belly dance at a studio or in your own home. Find something you enjoy and stick to it!
Agree. Ditto diet. Find a lifestyle you can live with. I couldnít do low carb and boot camp workouts. I can watch my portions and do light exercise. Will a stricter diet and more strenuous workouts give quicker results? Yes. But most of us canít keep up with it long term.

I think belly dancing is so beautiful! Great idea for exercise.

Crlygrly likes this.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:21 AM

MontyPhoun73 is on a distinguished road
You're smart enough to know what to do. For effective weight loss, it's important to speed up the metabolic processes in the body and remove excess toxins. Drink enough water per day based on your body weight. You can find a table of daily water intake. In the first stages of losing weight, I bought a smart scale https://www.vont.com/product/smart-scale-bathroom-scale-weight-scale/. It's an additional motivation when you see the result of your actions. I decided not to follow any diets, only healthy eating, and physical activity. Many take special fat-burning supplements, but this is not necessary. I'm sure you will succeed.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:43 PM

KamariDurham is on a distinguished road
I used to feel the same way as you and was under stress. I felt like I had to lose weight before I wanted to wear nice things or get a new haircut. But I never had a problem with my breasts, especially after losing weight. It was always small as the weight left my body, starting with my breasts. My legs were the biggest problem. Suppose you don't want to remove the implants. In that case, I suggest you go to medicalweightlosslehighvalley.com and discuss your general points (especially since you are a nutritionist). You can easily get a diet plan to make your breasts smaller without harming your health. How long ago did you finish lactation?